Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Tbf I wouldn’t mind hand washing remaining long term and a more liberal attitude to staying off work when you have a cold or the flu. Everything else can get in the bin though.

Given the shift to working from home in a lot of places it should be easy to adopt this attitude. Knowing this petty island though...

The media now making a thing about these so called vaccine passports, not just to travel abroad but to use basic services. The government are playing it down so hopefully just air time fillimg.
Personally i find the idea of mandatory vaccines by the backdoor a bit unsettling and I’m not anti vax at all.
What utter tosh.

This is not new - there are lots of countries where you won't get in unless you have the correct vaccinations - this is no different.

If you want to travel get vaccinated - if you don't want vaccinated then tough fucking titty.

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

What utter tosh.

This is not new - there are lots of countries where you won't get in unless you have the correct vaccinations - this is no different.

If you want to travel get vaccinated - if you don't want vaccinated then tough fucking titty.

If the issue is purely with travel then i agree it's tosh but if the issue was more around access to basic services then it's more contentious. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

If the issue is purely with travel then i agree it's tosh but if the issue was more around access to basic services then it's more contentious. 

It is contentious but understandable.  For the foreseeable future COVID will be a threat, the vaccines are not 100% effective so even those of us who choose to be inoculated are still at risk.

When we get back to a level of normality I’d be wary of sitting at a football match knowing that there could be people close by who have refused to be vaccinated and are thereby far more likely to be sufferers and spreaders.

ETA of course attending a football match might not be seen as access to a basic service.

Edited by Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It is contentious but understandable.  For the foreseeable future COVID will be a threat, the vaccines are not 100% effective so even those of us who choose to be inoculated are still at risk.

When we get back to a level of normality I’d be wary of sitting at a football match knowing that there could be people close by who have refused to be vaccinated and are thereby far more likely to be sufferers and spreaders.

I don't disagree - I was just commenting that the original post wasn't necessarily tosh if the contentious point was the access to basic services.  

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

How would you know? 

Also, would it stop you going to the shops/cinema/cafe/pub? 

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I assume he is meaning that there won’t be a specific point where it essentially goes from restricted to ‘have a massive party’ and everyone can suddenly celebrate Covid as over.

Unless he genuinely think people won’t ever again have parties/large gatherings and has gone completely insane.

Telt ye restrictions throughout next year

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was absolutely laughable to suggest that restrictions would be in place well into 2021?

Edit: might even have been on here? 

Edit 2: actually can't have been here because my recollection is that people got mercilessly abused and down voted for the suggestion, and that's not the way this discussion forum rolls

Edited by madwullie

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was absolutely laughable to suggest that restrictions would be in place well into 2021?

Edit: might even have been on here? 

Edit 2: actually can't have been here because my recollection is that people got mercilessly abused and down voted for the suggestion, and that's not the way this discussion forum rolls

my prediction is 2021 will be a mirror image of 2020 in terms of restriction, starting of heavily restricted then with only the last 2- 3 months back to the old normal

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Given the shift to working from home in a lot of places it should be easy to adopt this attitude. Knowing this petty island though...

How long until skint & ruthless companies start outsourcing a large chunk of their office/ admin work to cheap labour countries abroad?

personally I found the honeymoon period great , mostly because we don't have to work by the clock like we would if we were there. If home working was optional then I'd imagine that would change and those at home would be expected to structure the day exactly as those in the office, it then goes from being easy to potentially quite challenging depending on your home life

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Fair play to the lads doing victory laps on people being restricted in their lives for another year

Takes me back to when I drove my hermetically sealed car around Hamilton beeping my horn incessantly when the second wave became reality as predicted 

What a night that was 🥳🥳🥳🥳

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What about old speccy Willie, she'd be right up your street I bet?

I'm surrounded by auld widows who constantly flutter their eyeballs at me but I'm immune tae their blandishments.

She wid just have tae join the queue cos naebody's getting my pension! (or my mobility scooter) 😄