Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Re herd immunity, vaccines happening and the case loads from earlier in the year and more especially now (confirmed plus inferred per day must be colossal?) Has there been any chat anywhere that iv missed about that. I mean in England especially, the potential chains of transmissions must be shrinking?
With 1 in 50 of all inhabitants estimated to be infected in the last week clearly not but yes at the levels it's at you would think there should be less potential hosts. These numbers surely have to drop significantly quite quickly given we will be 2 weeks beyond Christmas by the end if this week coupled with 2 weeks of school closure and the new measures kicking in.

Just now, ddfg said:

Looking for a bit of employment advice.

My wife has two two day jobs with the same company, one secretarial and one in their warehouse which is currently furloughed. Both jobs have different hours, different pay scales and different line management.

They have phoned today to say they want to unfurlough her from the warehouse post to do admin work.

Can they do this? She's not wanting to be awkward but at the same time not keen on getting the mickey taken.

Presumably they are unforloughing her from the cheaper hourly rate. I would suggest it's immoral for the company but the best place to start would be the local union rep

Are you one of the ones that wont accept any criticism of Scotgov?

More than happy to criticise them.

However, if my hot take was gently but repeatedly pointed out as being bollocks, I would listen to the responses and wonder whether I might be wrong.

My wife has two two day jobs with the same company, one secretarial and one in their warehouse which is currently furloughed. Both jobs have different hours, different pay scales and different line management.

They have phoned today to say they want to unfurlough her from the warehouse post to do admin work.

Can they do this? She's not wanting to be awkward but at the same time not keen on getting the mickey taken.
Sorry if this is a daft question but has she asked her employers why they're choosing to do it this way?

Just now, MuckleMoo said:

Heard it a few times and Whitty just mentioned it again there. Sounds as though they are only vaccinating people who are 50 and above unless you have an underlying condition

That's just phase 1. Once they've experimented on all the wrinklies they'll roll it out to everyone else, presuming it goes well.

1 minute ago, MuckleMoo said:

Heard it a few times and Whitty just mentioned it again there. Sounds as though they are only vaccinating people who are 50 and above unless you have an underlying condition

The priority list only goes down to 50 at the moment, does it not? 

Contract will no doubt say any other duties as required. As long as she is getting paid is there a problem. ?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's just phase 1. Once they've experimented on all the wrinklies they'll roll it out to everyone else, presuming it goes well.

They have never said that.

They may well do so eventually, but you are making a presumption here and presenting it as fact.

Edited by Todd_is_God

10 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

More than happy to criticise them.

However, if my hot take was gently but repeatedly pointed out as being bollocks, I would listen to the responses and wonder whether I might be wrong.

Not sure why I should put any credence in anyone pointing out my "hot take being bollocks" when the long and short of my "hot take" is that in my opinion the Scottish government are doing an inadequate job of handling the pandemic at this moment. A completely subjective opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

They have never said that.

They may well do so eventually, but you are making a presumption here and presenting it as fact.

Will the BBC do? I can dig up the relevant Government document if you insist. 70% of the population has been mentioned frequently as the minimum coverage they're looking for.

The second phase of vaccination will focus on the rest of the population, mainly the under-50s, who are much less likely to be ill with Covid-19.

Teachers, transport workers and the military could be prioritised at that point, but more data on how well the vaccines are working will be needed before that decision is made.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55045639

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:
13 minutes ago, ddfg said:

Contract will no doubt say any other duties as required. As long as she is getting paid is there a problem. ?

I was going to say something similar. If she was furloughed for the secretarial job they wouldn't be able to unfurlough the warehouse job to enable her to do work that would normally be done in the secretarial role, but as it doesn't read like she is furloughed from the secretarial role currently, then so long as her contract allows for it, I can't see an issue with temporarily changing the duties of the warehouse role.

I said this a couple of months ago. The utter shitshow we're going through because the Tories were scared to tell folk not to have a fucking glorified Sunday dinner.
I'm surprised Sturgeon bowed to the pressure to go along with it.

Good Afternoon. 7 Days on from my last review it is worth a complete council update.   Public Health have enjoyed their holidays and updated the figures.

Dumfries & Galloway  77.3 to 536.1  Five Hundred and Thirty Six !!

I knew that Johnny Dumfries and George Galloway had been fucking idiots, but didn't think they would have that much of an effect.