Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I cannot think of a single person I know who would have had people round on Christmas day but with all the windows open who would only have remembered if clownshoes Leitch had told us a couple of more times in the run up.
51% of all uk residents formed into "Christmas day bubbles" according to ONS stats this week

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/06/english-schools-struggle-with-demand-for-key-worker-places

Not sure what Scottish teachers experiences are with this. Our sons nursery is remaining open for children who have one key worker parent which didn’t happen in March.

3 hours ago, SoapMactavish said:

I think the modelling I’ve seen was estimating between 2900 and 8300 (worst case scenario) people in hospital by 1/2/2021.

As it stands we are slightly more biased to the worst case scenario but not by much which is good. But even 3000 odd in hospital is 25% of all beds which is not good.

That being said the NHS is currently continuing with all elective work so thats good. Plan I believe is to carry on with that until it reaches a point that its not feasible or safe. 

tl:dr 

image.gif.4aabd14a438103541a8a9f230d09967b.gif

NHS Scotland ^^^

Thats not true, my wife has been told via email that elective work isnt going ahead and my mum who is a theatre nurse has been told that non emergency stuff isnt happening anymore and that they can all expect to be staffing ICU’s as of next week. 

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/06/english-schools-struggle-with-demand-for-key-worker-places

Not sure what Scottish teachers experiences are with this. Our sons nursery is remaining open for children who have one key worker parent which didn’t happen in March.

Saw it on here with someone posting "mine will be in no matter what so a couldny gie a f**k!" a week or so ago

They need to take a hard line against this otherwise whats the fucking point?
Both parents need need to be working in critical jobs. If they work in asda give them a fucking letter that states they’re entitled to furlough and there job must be kept open when lockdown in lifted.
Enough of this fucking about

Ps i saw a woman on Facebook asking about getting a place for her kids since her husband is a key worker ( he is a real one tbf!) but she works in school, thats right a fucking school thats going to stay closed. This is the very definition of the piss taking attitude of wanting peace from the waens so you can put your feet up. Jesus wept

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Thats not true, my wife has been told via email that elective work isnt going ahead and my mum who is a theatre nurse has been told that non emergency stuff isnt happening anymore and that they can all expect to be staffing ICU’s as of next week. 

It was true until 4pm today when we were all told that today was the last elective list we’d be doing for a while. Not good. This was in Lanarkshire though. I fear the days ahead are going to be grim. 

15 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Ps i saw a woman on Facebook asking about getting a place for her kids since her husband is a key worker ( he is a real one tbf!) but she works in school, thats right a fucking school thats going to stay closed. This is the very definition of the piss taking attitude of wanting peace from the waens so you can put your feet up. Jesus wept

Agree with you about taking a hard line, but surely the school she is in is most probably open for childcare hubs? I think they may consolidate schools once they know exact numbers of kids being in emergency care, but not unreasonable for her to need a place if she's involved in supporting/staffing these hubs?

30 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Did she say the school was closing? Because pretty much all secondary, a very large number of primary schools and all special schools are staying open.

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/coronavirus/2021/01/devi-sridhar-uk-needs-zero-covid-strategy-prevent-endless-lockdowns

Genuinely struggling to get my head round this from Sridhar. 

Reading between the lines, lockdown until summer and then gradually ease but allowing no foreign travel whatsoever. 

1) What is her end game, do we just go on like that for eternity. 
2) She also mentions not having another winter like this one. Why would we if the vulnerable population are vaccinated. (Yes, we might need yearly vaccines in terms of new strains

3) Surely in her vision there will be endless lockdowns as every time there are flare ups there will be local lockdowns. 

My brain simply can’t compute what she is thinking.

Edited by No_Problemo

33 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

They need to take a hard line against this otherwise whats the fucking point?
Both parents need need to be working in critical jobs. If they work in asda give them a fucking letter that states they’re entitled to furlough and there job must be kept open when lockdown in lifted.
Enough of this fucking about

That’s all parents.

Think ‘ma weans r the best’ while simultaneously want to fire them out to the door to school at the first opportunity.

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Can anyone see any way or reason that scotland won't just be like London within weeks?

As someone living in London at the minute, I'm here to help.

Let me reassure you that, unless the Scottish population (worth noting, smaller and far less densely populated than London's population):

• Spent the first three weeks of December packing themselves into pubs
  • Lied that their group all lived in the same household so they could sit indoors
  • Repeatedly left a crumb of a sausage roll on their plate so they could get pished for hours on end
  • In turn forgot about the basics of social distancing and wearing masks
  • Decided to carry on having their Christmas as planned even after we were put in Tier 4

...then you've got far, far less to be worried about than Londoners. You also smartly did your best to stop any of us escaping to Scotland and spreading the virus.

I get where your instincts of fear are coming from, but trust me, as someone who witnessed London f**k up first-hand, you will be very, very unlucky if Scotland ends up in a situation anything near as bad as London has. 17927068_JackSloshed.png.a1f76c785a69181027aa452d0c269998.png

Edited by HibsFan