Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, renton said:

I may be confused. I thought we were at 163k as of yesterday...

We did 12k yesterday.

NS hinting already that there may be a chance the current restrictions will all remain beyond the end of January. I think we all expected this, but maybe not quite so soon.

Delay in community vaccination as Care Homes taking longer than expected due to having to use Pfizer. 80% care homes complete. Leitch says "going way better than they hoped or expected". GP practices just started yesterday as that was the first delivery of AZ supplies. Hoping to speed up considerably now !

I suppose they can only be judged on their stated targets rather than the path to get there but it looks very optimistic to an outsider looking in despite their insistence it's all going great.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

You're not allowed to ask for proof as it is discriminatory.

Whilst people who are shielding were advised to avoid shops last time round, that isn't the advice this time.

I personally find the whole "I can't wear a mask" stuff absolutely bollocks, and a fantastic example of the modern snowflake culture. The only thing uncomfortable about them is they sometimes hurt your ears after a prolonged period.

You don't have a right to enter the supermarket's premises, either. They can quite easily, and legally, refuse entrance to any member of the public.

If Asda, Tesco or any other retailer (even your local costcutter/nisa) decide to implement a no mask/noentrance policy, they can do. That they don't is either because they don't want the confrontations, they figure that these mouthbreathers' money is going to get spent somewhere*, or a combination of these.

*As Moomin said above, a fair proportion will be on the high-value stuff like fags (and probably booze).

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

I think there would be general support for restrictions being extended through February so long as the SG set out what they plan to do with that time regarding vaccinations.

It may well be the case that delaying the roll out for a week to build up the stock level to be able to offer a 24/7 service without the risk of running out of stock will be a better option because we could do more in less time but there needs to be better communication of what the plan is.

10 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

You don't have a right to enter the supermarket's premises, either. They can quite easily, and legally, refuse entrance to any member of the public.

Any business can refuse service to anyone without giving a reason. But by denying access specifically because you are not wearing a mask, they are providing a reason, and one which is (potentially) discriminatory.

FWIW I agree with the sentiment, but I don't agree that the burden should fall on the business itself and, more specifically, it's employees.

Edited by Todd_is_God

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 minutes ago, renton said:
I may be confused. I thought we were at 163k as of yesterday...

It's reported as 150k last Tuesday a few posts back, I was using that.

She announced it as 163k yesterday. 12k is probably about 40-50% of the figure it needs to be to hit the half million by end of January, but I think the daily rate is going up.

11 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

No it's not, unless this particular pub only has 6 beers.  Pubs can always offer alternative beers or other drinks so their opening up the next day would not be dependent on that particular beer being available. 

Maybe vaccination centres could offer jags to combat Rabies or Scurvy once they run out of Covid-19 vaccine?

I'm not sure that would be wise to be honest

We did 12k yesterday.
NS hinting already that there may be a chance the current restrictions will all remain beyond the end of January. I think we all expected this, but maybe not quite so soon.
She couldn't say anything else in response to that question which was utterly futile. Same journalists trotting out the same lines day in day out, week in week out.

There is a queue at both Grieggs and Subway in Troon today almost exclusively made up of Maws, Paws and Weans coming off the beaches after walking. Unsurprising given it's a glorious day and schools are not "in" (a hell of a lot if kids clearly not schooling) but you can see the point about non delivery takeaway.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive been saying this for weeks about the fucked plans for vaccination and roll out but dismissed by the snp can do no wrong brigade. 

Those large vaccination centres in England could have taken months to organise. Small pieces of Information leaked out about those a while ago but never really heard much about Scotland’s plans until recently.. Time will tell but get the feeling Scotland could be a bit behind other countries in getting this rolled out 

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I wouldn't use the word "tinky" myself, preferring the more inclusive term "scum". Even though I do not see it as problematic, I know how some of the chaps on here do like a wee diversity campaign..

Off topic, but it's not a diversity campaign. Tink and its derivatives are ethnic slurs, same as many others that I won't repeat, that we've now rightfully binned. The traveller community still seem to be fair game for discrimination when we're making progress everywhere else.

Growing up in the Highlands, it was a really common playground term for anyone looking scruffy or who came from a poorer family and woe betide you if your family were connected to one of the traveller clans up here too. But, it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Sorry about that, but as a bleeding heart liberal social justice warrior, just wanted to get that out there.

There is a queue at both Grieggs and Subway in Troon today almost exclusively made up of Maws, Paws and Weans coming off the beaches after walking. Unsurprising given it's a glorious day and schools are not "in" (a hell of a lot if kids clearly not schooling) but you can see the point about non delivery takeaway.

Will be annoyed as one of the few times I leave the house just now is to nip to the subway or Baynes near my house for lunch on a Friday. When you see things like this it’s no wonder they’re having to implement restrictions here.

4 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Off topic, but it's not a diversity campaign. Tink and its derivatives are ethnic slurs, same as many others that I won't repeat, that we've now rightfully binned. The traveller community still seem to be fair game for discrimination when we're making progress everywhere else.

Growing up in the Highlands, it was a really common playground term for anyone looking scruffy or who came from a poorer family and woe betide you if your family were connected to one of the traveller clans up here too. But, it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Sorry about that, but as a bleeding heart liberal social justice warrior, just wanted to get that out there.

I agree with everything you say, and being a Jailender must make it personal for you too. :shutup