Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, The Stig said:

I don't get this attitude, as much as a few people on here moan, we all know that the first things the government will open up are schools before anything else so the quicker we can get the first step done  and hope it goes well then the quicker all the other restictions will be loosened and we can get back to normanl.

'Hope it goes well' from reopening a nationwide infection factory is not a route to the fastest possible route out of lockdown. They should not be opened while there is community transmission and then you can actually control the situation and release restrictions much more quickly on the rest of society.

Schools policy is a recipe for months of pointless restrictions because a wean has got a glorified cold and pushes rates above the Clownshoe's ridiculous 50/100k benchmark. 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We get it, you don't give a f**k about any trials and tribulations that don't affect you

Nah, I don't give a f**k what bawsacs like you think. 

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

'Hope it goes well' from reopening a nationwide infection factory is not a route to the fastest possible route out of lockdown. They should not be opened while there is community transmission and then you can actually control the situation and release restrictions much more quickly on the rest of society.

Schools policy is a recipe for months of pointless restrictions because a wean has got a glorified cold and pushes rates above the Clownshoe's ridiculous 50/100k benchmark. 

Not arguing with you that 50/100k is not achievable if schools open, but the problem is using that benchmark stated by Leitch, not the schools opening.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Given the list of new symptoms that sounds like a different illness completely. Possibly some folk with a bug just happen to have Covid ???

What a virus covid is btw. It's cleverly managed to mutate in such a way that it is now capable of presenting itself with absolutely any symptom imaginable.

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Infection Factory.  Didn't they have a hit in the 80's, Feels Like Heaven or something like that?

Fiction Factory with massive hair and a pure 80s look...loads of smoke in the darkness in the video i think 

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I think it is ultimately just funny that the UK venerating an old pensioner raising money for the creaking health system and the US being run as an even more
decrepit gerontocracy highlights that the two greatest democracies on the planet are playing the greatest hits of the Soviet Union without the full employment or a comprehensive welfare state

Whit?

38 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Looks like the big squeeze is about to start -

No chance energy companies would write off the debts caused by unpaid bills due to the pandemic, nope they have to get their money back from somewhere. As well as this anyone who thinks furlough is free money are in for a shock as well, the Treasury also will want to recoup that all back and it will also have to come from somewhere.

Energy bills to rise for about 15m households in Great Britain

Furlough is a gift from the benevolent English taxpayer though. And of course no one has suffered more during the pandemic than are charitable foreign conglomerate energy providers.

2 hours ago, Left Back said:

Depends how they're measuring it.  Is it 100% of that cohort full stop or is it 100% of that cohort who can have and who want the jag.

Looks like it's all people in the group rather than those who can and want it. So I imagine that's the most vulnerable done, really good news.

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

Looks like it's all people in the group rather than those who can and want it. So I imagine that's the most vulnerable done, really good news.

So the English figure has now gone down to 80%.....was thought to be 90% yesterday - and thought to be 100% by Michael Gove (playing his Offered card)  

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

So the English figure has now gone down to 80%.....was thought to be 90% yesterday - and thought to be 100% by Michael Gove (playing his Offered card)  

It's good isn't it. They also said the other day they didn't keep those numbers. I thought England were marching ahead, it now looks like it's been nothing but spin and bluster. I hope they can get things sorted out because there is no point one country being miles ahead of the other.

Dunno if anyone is following the Christopher Snowdon / Ivor Cummins twitter rut, but if you are this is worth a watch

Edit: will make little sense if you don't know what I'm talking about. 

Edited by madwullie

On 04/02/2021 at 14:41, superbigal said:

Todays update:  North Lanarkshire drops below the 200 per 100K barrier .  Unfortunately Falkirk takes its place at the top with a surge to 213.5   Perth & Midlothian crack the 100 barrier.  Now 13 councils are sub 100.

So for our major cities you have Glasgow 188.9, Dundee 124.6, Edinburgh 66.9, Aberdeen 61.7  No schools open and all areas in lockdown for over a month.  Why are they not closer in numbers ?

Home Nations Infection  cases per 100K over the most up to date 7 days.

England 269.1 to 260.6 down 3.16%,  Wales 136.8 to 135.7 down 0.81%, Northern Ireland 207.7 to 203.7  down 1.93%  

Scotland peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan    

Yesterdays figure 26th Jan to 1st Feb was 128.1

Todays figure for 27th Jan to 2nd Feb is 125.9   Another  single Day drop of 2.20%. Infections have dropped every day (now TWENTY NINE days in a row) since the aforementioned peak.  Total drop is now 57.57%

Council 24 hour progress below

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 

https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Falkirk   194.5 to 213.5 Not sure I buy this mass testing argument as they are at 7.6% which is higher than Scottish Average of 6.3%

North Lanarkshire 201.2 to 196.6   Done it through the 200 Barrier.

Glasgow City 193.0 to 188.9

West Dunbartonshire 183.3 to 176.5 

South Lanarkshire  183.4 to 176.3

Renfrewshire 177.0 to 171.4

North Ayrshire 173.7 to 170.7

East Renfrewshire  175.9 to 166.4

Clackmannanshire 159.1 to 163.0 

East Dunbartonshire  165.7 to 159.4

East Ayrshire 165.6 to 156.5

Inverclyde 149.1 to 144.0

West Lothian  140.9 to 133.9 

Stirling 138.0 to 127.4

Dundee City 122.6 to 124.6  

South Ayrshire  122.5 to 120.8

Angus  99.8 to 108.4   Due to Forfar relegated again.   

Dumfries & Galloway 114.2 to 105.5

Western Isles  93.6 to 101.0  

Perth & Kinross  102.7  to 97.4 Join the sub 100 Club 

Midlothian   106.0 to 97.3  Join the sub 100 Club

East Lothian 76.6 to 87.8

Argyll & Bute 81.5 to 85.0

Moray 88.7 to 81.4

Fife  80.6 to 77.9

Scottish  Borders  69.3 to 75.3  

City Of Edinburgh   67.4 to 66.9

Aberdeenshire  59.0 to 62.8  

Aberdeen City  63.4 to 61.7   

Highlands 61.9 to 61.5

Orkney Island  9.0 to 9.0   

Shetland Islands  0.0 to 0.0   

Edited by superbigal

52 minutes ago, 101 said:

It's good isn't it. They also said the other day they didn't keep those numbers. I thought England were marching ahead, it now looks like it's been nothing but spin and bluster. I hope they can get things sorted out because there is no point one country being miles ahead of the other.

There's the vaccines administered per percentage of the population. Obviously this doesn't point to how many of them are in care homes. 

Surprised to see NI behind there too - they seem to lost momentum.