Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

“I’ll vote Tory if it allows me to go for a pint” would be an astounding position for post posters.  But, lone behold, it’s about what I’d expect from ‘the main players’ on here.

As much as I agree with you re voting Tory, something I would never ever consider doing, I also would never have dreamed of voting for Brexit, as I felt is was a singularly stupid thing to do with not one shred of a redeeming feature. So you know, glass houses etc.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

As much as I agree with you re voting Tory, something I would never ever consider doing, I also would never have dreamed of voting for Brexit, as I felt is was a singularly stupid thing to do with not one shred of a redeeming feature. So you know, glass houses etc.

This. No one who voted for Brexit is in any sort of position to lecture on poor voting choices. 

11 hours ago, 101 said:

It's not relative though is it? You have a list of fully independent countries (and Palestine that is basically stateless) completely pointless and infact the most outspoken advisors, in public anyway, promotes New Zealand style lockdown initially that would have kept deaths low. Until we are independent and have full control of our borders and economic policy it's impossible to compare Scotland with countries that have access to both of those things.

This is complete bollocks.

Advisors and ministers were on the news only a matter of weeks before lockdown stating that social distancing and masks make next to no difference. The Scottish government had no issue with an Old Firm game going ahead with a full crowd in the middle of March until the footballing authorities saw sense and canned that weekend’s fixtures.

Save us the bullshit.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

This. No one who voted for Brexit is in any sort of position to lecture on poor voting choices. 

I am in the same boat as you tbh. Increasingly seething with the government, and by May that anger will either have subsided or risen exponentially which will ultimately determine which of my only 2 conceivable options I pick.

I will either, be able to sufficiently hold my nose to vote SNP, OR I won't vote at all due to a lack of credible alternative and a refusal to vote FOR anything that would hinder independence.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

If you’re really interested (which I doubt) pop over to the politics thread where you will see my misplaced reasoning and my many retractions of that position.

Though you’re probably more interested in scoring cheap points/garnering greenies.

Auntie Jean doing her best to ensure the line that Vaccines only stopping Death and Serious Illness is not now the ballgame.

I think she has grown about 8 different tongues over the pandemic.

Edited by superbigal

Just now, Granny Danger said:

If you’re really interested (which I doubt) pop over to the politics thread where you will see my misplaced reasoning and my many retractions of that position.

Though you’re probably more interested in scoring cheap points/garnering greenies.

I know you regret it, I have read you saying as much a few times. That doesn't change that fact though that you and Tod are currently in the exact same scenario as you and no doubt many posters at the time of Brexit. Its a touch more predictable (and a bit more wild) what you will get from a Tory vote, but it doesn't change the fact that you can only retract using hindsight. It doesn't seem particularly fair to be high horsing Tod for effectively the same position as you held. Perhaps you could have came at it in a more reasonable way?

I also think your post does a huge disservice to the impact (and perceived/potential massive overreach) of these restrictions. There is some downplaying of whats actually happening going on, sometimes more obvious than other and I don't place you alongside clowns like Ayrmad in that regard, but what I perceive as downplaying of whats going on SEEMS to me to go hand in hand with defence of Scotgov at all costs.  

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The Main Players are all about the dots. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know you regret it, I have read you saying as much a few times. That doesn't change that fact though that you and Tod are currently in the exact same scenario as you and no doubt many posters at the time of Brexit. Its a touch more predictable (and a bit more wild) what you will get from a Tory vote, but it doesn't change the fact that you can only retract using hindsight. It doesn't seem particularly fair to be high horsing Tod for effectively the same position as you held. Perhaps you could have came at it in a more reasonable way?

I also think your post does a huge disservice to the impact (and perceived/potential massive overreach) of these restrictions. There is some downplaying of whats actually happening going on, sometimes more obvious than other and I don't place you alongside clowns like Ayrmad in that regard, but what I perceive as downplaying of whats going on SEEMS to me to go hand in hand with defence of Scotgov at all costs.  

By downplaying you mean not crying and moaning like a fandan. 

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am in the same boat as you tbh. Increasingly seething with the government, and by May that anger will either have subsided or risen exponentially which will ultimately determine which of my only 2 conceivable options I pick.

I will either, be able to sufficiently hold my nose to vote SNP, OR I won't vote at all due to a lack of credible alternative and a refusal to vote FOR anything that would hinder independence.

Greens are pro Indy. Not sure it’s a meaningful option though 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Some fair points.  My defence of the SG is a counterpoint to the self appointed experts on here criticising them at every opportunity.  

What is laughable is that they think they speak for a wider audience when all the opinion polls are showing otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

See the source image

He’s being ironic, it’s a term Todd used last night and not n an ironic way.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Yeah, I don't hate the idea of voting for the Greens but if I can't stomach voting SNP, it will be because of continued restrictions into our daily lives that I see as "mission creep" and what I have seen of the Greens, they advocate the same. Correct me if wrong. It pretty much is SNP or nothing for me.

Just now, Rugster said:

That's where I'll be giving both my votes this year. I've voted SNP every single time since I turned 18 but I cannot endorse the last 12 months of care homes, platforming Leitch and The Guys, economic ruin caused by the lengthiest restrictions in Europe and being spoken to like a 6 year old on a daily basis.

I will never vote for a Unionist party so Greens it is.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

“I’ll vote Tory if it allows me to go for a pint” would be an astounding position for most posters.  But, lone behold, it’s about what I’d expect from ‘the main players’ on here.

Let's be fair and honest. Todd ain't no Tory - or any other party come to that. He/She's just a disrupter.

27 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Auntie Jean doing her best to ensure the line that Vaccines only stopping Death and Serious Illness is not now the ballgame.

I think she has grown about 8 different tongues over the pandemic.

Can't be long now until Leitch is sent out to say that the virus has moved the goalposts.

Edited by Michael W

I’ve read a few people hypothesise that the Kent strain came from medical experiments on Covid patients. I don’t mean batshit conspiracy theorists but one Twitter account in particular who I find very reliable.

A paper has been written on this, positing that the strain came due to plasma treatments.