Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s interesting that the debate on this matter in the US is clearly leaning towards large fiscal stimulus. Even Trump was apparently quoted as wanting to “go big” and he signed a massive stimulus package just before leaving office.

The sorts of analysts who usually take a hawkish approach to spending like this aren’t doing so this time.

We are likely going to see a huge fiscal injection to the US economy during a period with relatively high household budgets and a relatively booming stock market.  What happens will be interesting economically and politically in the US anyway.

Biden did a presser last week saying he is going bigger than that because in the last crash when he was Vp the one regret he had is that he didnt go big enough

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

She can't even apply for universal credit because I work.

That's not quite correct. You can apply and receive UC (by grace and favour of our Tory overlords) up to a certain shared income. I suspect that it isn't be much in your circumstances but it is an option for those in low-paid employment.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t actually know. I know he reinstated some travel bans that Trump lifted.

I thought he reversed some travel bans that trump had put in place for Muslim countries

Just looking at the Superbowl seems to me he's changed nothing

I actually thought from your post you lived there but think not

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm concerned for you.

That’s very kind of you.  It’s nice to know that in this uncertain world where we have a global pandemic that posters will take the time to express concern for others.

To put your mind at ease I’m okay and have a close (though socially distanced) family to rely on if things get too much.

Nonetheless your concern is noted and appreciated.

It has been spoken about.
The consensus we've both came to is that when the first set of restrictions are lifted, whatever or whenever they are (probably some sort of lift at start of March), she may go back to trading whether hairdressing is on that list or not. 
At that point it will have been 2 weeks she's been allowed to work in the previous 13. If she's not being subsidised, that's enough. She can't even apply for universal credit because I work.
New-style JSA? It's Conts-based.

45 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Didn't have to wait long - 5.55 the surgery rang, "Can you come down now?", so off we went, 48% household vaccinations complete now, :thumsup2

Better being lucky than good auld yin. 

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Anyone fancy coming over to mine for an empty,   Mrs is stuck at the hospital as roads are shite.  Fair play to her for her dedication as she parked the car about half a mile from our house beside the  main road to ensure she woud make her shift.  What a result though, got beer. vodka, gin and wine, bring your own grub.

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

^^^ reported.

That's my parents got their jags (Pfizer). My maw, who will regularly moan about the smallest thing, had no complaints about the entire process.

I don't know if EDC are deliberately doing them on a street by street basis, but the old man saw at least 3 other households from their street at the vaccination centre at the same time!

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Better being lucky than good auld yin. 

Not the first time I've been told that...

ETA: I'm a lot happier now we've all got our first jags, although until we get our second one, nothing has changed. (Still under house arrest, only trip out is to the doctor's.)

Edited by Jacksgranda

9 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Anyone fancy coming over to mine for an empty,   Mrs is stuck at the hospital as roads are shite.  Fair play to her for her dedication as she parked the car about half a mile from our house beside the  main road to ensure she woud make her shift.  What a result though, got beer. vodka, gin and wine, bring your own grub.

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

No interested unless there's blackjack and hookers.

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Not the first time I've been told that...

ETA: I'm a lot happier now we've all got our first jags, although until we get our second one, nothing has changed. (Still under house arrest, only trip out is to the doctor's.)

Won't be long. 

200.gif&key=c998b9e58f1033507842703e8de305443467a24ec2d0a6552d7c39e114c7fb7d
Anyone would think you were in Falkirk

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I set up as a hairdresser in December and haven't been able to cut a single head of hair yet due to the pandemic. Can I have £4,000 please?

Note - I didn't set up as a hairdresser, I don't know a styling mousse from a hairdryer and I've got no intention of ever cutting any hair but you want any Tom, Dick and Harry who says they were trading or intending to trade for a short period since to get a grant "no questions asked"? That's even more ridiculous. The Govt has a real problem with the recently self employed who are either unable to prove it or, at least, unable to justify their losses. There are a lot of things they can be doing better to help those people no doubt but one of them is absolutely NOT giving people grants with "no questions asked".

Yeah that's fair enough. I was too loose with the way I expressed that. It's undeniable that a fair amount of people are falling though the cracks. 

Edited by madwullie

Both my parents got their first jab yesterday (AZ). My mums appointment was originally on the 21st Feb, but as she had gone along to the EICC with my dad, someone suggested that she could get hers at the same time and they did them both.

Really pleased they were flexible that way, makes a lot of difference to my mum as her own appointment was going to be a bit tricky to get to.