Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Nothing of the sorts, They are making a comfortable living. I didn't suggest anything other than that. Common jobs aren't supposed to make you rich.  If you can't make a decent living off of that amount of money in this country then something is up. 

Suppose it depends where you live. £25k in Greenock will go far, in Edinburgh or Aberdeen not so much.

1 hour ago, PWL said:

Reasonable but no more. 

The boy, Hugo Gye, who does the stats daily on Twitter days the supply tap switches back on from this weekend so should accelerate back to Dece levels then. 

Sturgeon stated that there may be an issue with supply next week.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Germany has approved the AZ vaccine for over 65s and is also now using a 12 week second dose strategy.

Presumably German has a word for 'humiliating climbdown'.

Edited by vikingTON

In the history of weird, creepy Tories surely Hancock is up there with the weirdest and creepiest.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it turned out his house was full of nazi memorabilia, or bad self-taxidermied animals.

15 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Loads of the info in that article goes against what we have been told on here is absolutely gospel. 

Aye surprising indeed..........what's Inverclyde for "humiliating climbdown"?

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

a man riding a skateboard up the side of a fence: While he was jumping the fence, he was being accused of kicking NHS heroes in the teeth

© Evening Standard / eyevine While he was jumping the fence, he was being accused of kicking NHS heroes in the teeth

Just how long did it take him to clear he fence?

Never mind that. Why is he doing it? 😂

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

In the history of weird, creepy Tories surely Hancock is up there with the weirdest and creepiest.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it turned out his house was full of nazi memorabilia, or bad self-taxidermied animals.

Dunno, he'd take some going to beat this bootlicking, gammon, Tory creep

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Spain considering a green corridor for the vaccinated UK travellers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/spain-consider-green-corridor-uk-23608742

However -

The Scottish Government has so far remained cagey on the idea of international travel due to the risks posed by new variants of the virus.

Scotland’s National Clinical Director, Jason Leitch, has hinted that Scots holidays could be restricted to domestic-only.

Speaking last week, he said: “I think UK travel will be possible in 2021, but I’m not sure when, that will depend on prevalence. Everything depends on prevalence.”

“The hospitals are still very busy, 10,500 people across the UK admitted in the last seven days. So we’re talking about May, June, July, domestic travel may well be possible.”

He added: “International travel worries me for different reasons because we don’t have any control over what’s happening in the destination.

“You’re going to be careful about what travel corridors might look like.”

So variants and prevalence, prevalence and variants.

No optimism or faith in our vaccination program???

As soon as UK travel opens up, and as soon as England opens up internationally, then the SG can't pursue a Scotland only ban on international travel. They know that.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I'm assuming 25 k is day 1 salary?

If that's for someone with 5 years experience in a job requiring a degree it's piss poor.

Do porters not get about 20k (no harm to the porters, a great bunch of lads) ?

I was just thinking that.  That's a joke salary for the experience mentioned.

Yeah because if businesses closing indefinitely, endless rounds of personal restrictions, shipping infected patients into care homes and the widening Sturgeon-Salmond split won't do it, it'll definitely be whether Hamish Husband and his footsoldiers get to traipse around Hampden or not in June. 
This is starting to remind me of the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act, which people on this and other football forums regularly claimed would ruin the SNP at elections due to its crucial significance and unpopularity - only for the figures to show that the majority of the public in fact supported the measures. 
For once this forum is a genuine echo chamber when it comes to this, the majority of people probably haven't even registered it this week and certainly won't be following it during an election campaign. The SG can do what it wants with minimal fallout, but all the blustering indignation about being told to make firm commitments or lose the tournament is amusing nevertheless. 
I suppose not seeing Morton right now is a benefit?

A bit like watching Dundee.

[emoji849]

The rollout was using the flu vaccine list IIRC which explains the inclusion of folk with even mild asthma on the priority list. 
There's probably some medical grounds to roll back on this but so long as vaccines are being thrown at the public as quickly as possible it seems like a waste of time and energy. 
That's correct - my step-daughter (who is 30) gets the flu vaccine due to another medical condition and has been given the Covid jab.

36 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Spain considering a green corridor for the vaccinated UK travellers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/spain-consider-green-corridor-uk-23608742

However -

The Scottish Government has so far remained cagey on the idea of international travel due to the risks posed by new variants of the virus.

Scotland’s National Clinical Director, Jason Leitch, has hinted that Scots holidays could be restricted to domestic-only.

Speaking last week, he said: “I think UK travel will be possible in 2021, but I’m not sure when, that will depend on prevalence. Everything depends on prevalence.”

“The hospitals are still very busy, 10,500 people across the UK admitted in the last seven days. So we’re talking about May, June, July, domestic travel may well be possible.”

He added: “International travel worries me for different reasons because we don’t have any control over what’s happening in the destination.

“You’re going to be careful about what travel corridors might look like.”

So variants and prevalence, prevalence and variants.

No optimism or faith in our vaccination program???

Anyone have recommendations for holidays in Saltcoats? 

Edited by Lyle Lanley