Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, craigkillie said:

You could get that mystical bus that connects them which I've literally never seen.

I actually caught that bus once many years ago.  It was about 5pm so took ages.  Would have walked it in less than half the time 😂

Surely the backlash she’ll face for this will be monumental?! (Probably not a tweet I seen actually said “Cant be too careful 👏👏👏”)

This was obviously planned before now I.e when they were announcing the ‘whole of Scotland is moving to level 2’ why wait until the Friday night before the Monday that the restrictions are due to ease to do this? Why not just do it when you’ve basically told another constituency they are staying at level 3 on Tuesday.

Shit like this is why I’m glad I chucked voting for these c***s. I’d never normally be thankful for Westminster but I honestly can’t wait until the day Boris and Co tell this nanny state life has to go back to normal.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

The biggest problem with this is that the case numbers in Glasgow probably aren't going to drop below 50 by this time next week, so are we going to be looking at a situation where this drags on for ages even as the hospital numbers quite clearly drop off a cliff?

15 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

I've just checked the daily data - there's a total of 26 people in hospital with COVID in the entirety of the NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde region. That's actually lower than it was at the start of the week too (it was 30 on Monday).

Combined with there only being 3 people in ICU in the whole of Scotland and two-thirds of the adult population being vaccinated already, I'm baffled that anyone at Sco Govt thinks this is a reasonable decision. Genuinely raging with this combined with the continued shit-stirring from the likes of Leitch and Sridhar.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

A disgraceful decision, a disgraceful process to reach the decision and a very, very worrying precedent to set that they will remove or revoke freedoms with such flagrant disregard for people and hide behind this completely fucking disingenuous mask of 'oh but we're doing it to keep you safe'.

There's fucking three seriously ill people in the entire country. Three.

Imagine actually still being able to support this government through all of the shite they have put us through in the last 12 months and imagine actually still believing that in the result of independence, these are the people who should be leading Scotland as it stands on it's own two feet.

What a complete and utter shambles. It's not even a shambles, because a shambles would suggest that they are incompetently flapping. It's actually all rather sinister.

These posts sum things up nicely and have saved me the time.

Quite simply, mass disobedience/protests are now required.

Just now, craigkillie said:

The biggest problem with this is that the case numbers in Glasgow probably aren't going to drop below 50 by this time next week, so are we going to be looking at a situation where this drags on for ages even as the hospital numbers quite clearly drop off a cliff?

We'll be stuck like this for weeks. Interesting to see what they do with the Euros if this rumbles on for a couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Not that I agree with it but that was because you cannot travel to a lower area from a higher area and vice versa but if everywhere is the same it doesn’t matter. 

Didn’t realise that was the rule, thought it was just a nationwide ‘no travel restriction’ policy. I’d be ignoring it completely anyway if it affected me. Going down south with some mates from Glasgow next week so they’ll certainly be ignoring it.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

She’s clearly not going to announce it will last longer than a week but I suspect you’re correct.  Can see Moray being freed next week but the weege best stock up on toilet paper and pasta.

Just read some shite about how they actually dont even know yet if it is "the indian variant", its just being assumed.

And also that they are taking advice from the JVCI about vaccinating against said variant.

What the f**k!? Are they going to say not to do it? Jesus christ. They will literally say anything now to scare folk to comply

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The 37th week of the 'two week circuit breaker'. 

Indian variant too according to Sturgeon. Magic, almost like the quarantine measures are complete bullshit. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Just read some shite about how they actually dont even know yet if it is "the indian variant", its just being assumed.

And also that they are taking advice from the JVCI about vaccinating against said variant.

What the f**k!? Are they going to say not to do it? Jesus christ. They will literally say anything now to scare folk to comply

No-one has said the vaccines don’t work against that variant.  Quite the opposite.  Reported breakthrough infections in India are said to have resulted in mild cases.  What on earth is there to discuss with the JCVI?

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

You get what you vote for

If only we'd all read the manifestos more clearly to know what the other parties would've done in this situation. Labour and the Tories must be going mental about this in Holyrood. Has Sarwar condemned?

Some fucking laugh making this an electoral issue. 

I actually suspect up to level 4 for the weegies next week. I'm gonna choke on my Fife [emoji482]