Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

You have to wonder if the election was this week would they have made this decision they've had "no option" to make.

Probably, because non of the other parties would have split from them on the issue. The risk to reward ratio for doing so just wouldn't have been worth it.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Detournement said:
Boris prepping England for cancelling the June easing. 
As soon as Blair made his statement it was obvious this was happening. 

That's not how it sounds to me, not even a wee bit.

He said that if this variant is more transmittable then they may need to reassess easing restrictions. 

This is how the Downing Street Nudge Unit has operated all through the pandemic. Seed future decisions prior to announcing so no single announcement is shocking. 

They haven't called a press conference because they are planning to keep the status quo. 

Edited by Detournement

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Boris prepping England for cancelling the June easing. 

As soon as Blair made his statement it was obvious this was happening. 

Detournement:

screen-shot-2011-09-11-at-7-23-51-pm.png

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Probably, because non of the other parties would have split from them on the issue. The risk to reward ratio for doing so just wouldn't have been worth it.

More importantly it would have made f**k all difference to the election result.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

He said that if this variant is more transmittable then they may need to reassess easing restrictions. 

This is how the Downing Street Nudge Unit has operated all through the pandemic. Seed future decisions prior to announcing so no single announcement is shocking. 

Everyone can look forward to a Great British Autumn

I’m surprised at how some people are surprised by this. There’s no danger of anything resembling a normal summer this year, especially with Nicola in charge in Scotland. We will all be shifting between tiers for the rest of this year, minimum.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Pub on Monday lads?

I’ve bribed Mrs. Back to give me a lift to the train station on Monday morning.  Scotrail will then transport me to our nations capital.  A gourmet breakfast (McDonalds) awaits before taking a leisurely stroll down to Easter Road to meet up with my mates on the stroke of the pubs opening their doors at 10am.

Bring it on

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

I’m surprised at how some people are surprised by this. There’s no danger of anything resembling a normal summer this year, especially with Nicola in charge in Scotland. We will all be shifting between tiers for the rest of this year, minimum.

I'm in agreement. Anyone booking things right now are mental. Just setting yourself up for disappointment.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

I'm not surprised but I'm actually quite scared about how accepting people are of being lied to/ broken promises both in Scotland and rUK.

They haven't called a press conference because they are planning to keep the status quo. 
They are keeping the status quo though, where as scotgov have pulled the rug from easings that are 3 days away.

IF the variant is SIGNIFICANTLY more transmissible....

It wont be. He is a politician buying wiggle room which is as surprising as the tide or the sunset.

It wont be more transmissible, hospitals numbers wont rise. He will change nothing.