Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Healthy people go down to London and catch Covid.

Logically instead of banning football we should nuke London.

Because we just don't know.

Was in London last week.  Feeling fine and so is Mrs. Back  It’s defo the football fans causing all the issues.

6 hours ago, Left Back said:

Linda Bauld on the news saying the football isn’t the key driver of infection.

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

It's been quite sinister how  'football' has been singled out. Through track and trace they could quite easily build a narrative around any other activity. Looks to me like they are trying to provide cover for restrictions on football games that weren't in place for the Euros.

Another day another pack of lies without backup. There's really no shame in her, nor stopping her it seems after her self imposed step back from social media that didn't actually happen.

VLs all over her every word [emoji23]

2 hours ago, sparky88 said:

It's been quite sinister how  'football' has been singled out. Through track and trace they could quite easily build a narrative around any other activity. Looks to me like they are trying to provide cover for restrictions on football games that weren't in place for the Euros.

The media have been begging for the stats in a way they never would about "essential" places like schools and hospitals.

Having fun will continue to be under intense scrutiny for as long as newspaper websites have Facebook pages that drive revenue by Facebook Maws screaming about how terrible it all is.

48 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Another day another pack of lies without backup. There's really no shame in her, nor stopping her it seems after her self imposed step back from social media that didn't actually happen.

I actually made the very point that article is making to my brother last night. One of his pals (albeit he's 20) got taken to hospital two days after his vaccine after having a serious reaction to it. He woke up in the night really struggling to breathe. 

I suspect in more sane times the vaccine would only be for younger people with underlying conditions. But they've harped on about how dangerous Covid is for anyone of all ages (and yes Deepti pal, I mean you here) for so long that it would totally demean that message to not encourage everyone to take the vaccine.

10 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Not had any side effects yet apart from a sore arm. 

That's just the muscle reacting to being stabbed. 

One of the guys accosting Chris Whitty has been given the tin tack from his job.

Hughes, from Romford in Essex, said he had lost his job as an estate agent after the incident, telling the Sun: “I absolutely apologise for any upset I caused.

“If I made him feel uncomfortable, which it does look like I did, then I am sorry to him for that.

“He is quite a timid, shy person and I think that is why he didn’t say, ‘Get off me’. If he had said that and I had realised how he felt, I wouldn’t have put my arm round him.”

Looked to me a wee bit more than putting an arm round him.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

One of the guys accosting Chris Whitty has been given the tin tack from his job.

I've no doubt the guy is a bit of a p***k but on what grounds could they reasonably sack him?

Hughes, from Romford in Essex, said he had lost his job as an estate agent after the incident, telling the Sun: “I absolutely apologise for any upset I caused.
“If I made him feel uncomfortable, which it does look like I did, then I am sorry to him for that.
“He is quite a timid, shy person and I think that is why he didn’t say, ‘Get off me’. If he had said that and I had realised how he felt, I wouldn’t have put my arm round him.”
An Essex estate agent losing his job. Cry me a fucking river [emoji23]

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Is there any evidence at all that boosters for the over 50s are actually necessary? 

Trial/study data not due until September so no at the moment although the manufacturers did say a while back that boosters would likely be necessary.

24 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Trial/study data not due until September so no at the moment although the manufacturers did say a while back that boosters would likely be necessary.

I'm absolutely shocked that a vaccine manufacturer would suggest that 50% more vaccine would be required than initially thought.

They have made an absolute fortune from this.

Edited by Todd_is_God

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I've no doubt the guy is a bit of a p***k but on what grounds could they reasonably sack him?

It's the 2020s. You can get sacked if someone stumbles upon a 15 year old tweet you made as an adolescent. 

17 minutes ago, Left Back said:

At £30 for two doses of Pfizer, one might cynically say that they would indeed say that. 

22 hours ago, 101 said:

Does anyone know if you need the EU Covid passport to enter the Union? 

It comes out tomorrow but will exclude people that have had the AZ manufactured in India, not sure if we have been using that?

Apparently we can use the EU Covid passport to travel within the EU, don't think they've worked out how we prove our vaccinations and/or tests yet. And the Indian produced AZ vaccine is recorded the same as any other source in the UK, so they won't be able to distinguish them. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-57665765