Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

From the NHS Tayside CEO

I don't think they are for treating COVID though. I think if you come in with a broken leg they still need to separate COVID and non COVID patients 

Edited by invergowrie arab

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

They must have as Parkhead isn't in L0 LA area.

Only a couple of weeks ago several multiples of that 2k were allowed into a slightly smaller stadium in Glasgow. 

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

This definitley won't be anyone overweight, or with underlying conditions, or not "young" at all.

Victim blaming without a shred of proof.  Classy.

Dundee leading the way there as a shining example of how when the vulnerable are all vaccinated we don’t need to shite it over variants. Beautiful stuff.
I'm not sure you can say that given the plea from ninewells to young people to get vaccinated.

Whilst the hospitals are put under this extra pressure then there's always going to be a case for some sort of government action.

Fingers crossed Scotland is on the way down now (including Dundee). But we need to get the rest of the population vaccinated as soon as possible, and then we'll see what happens next.

22 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Why is one of their mums fannying around in the video?

Shut up! Next you'll be telling me one of them  is a guy.

Edited by SlipperyP

31 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's green list Malta banned all non double vaccinated visitors from Wednesday.

Your statement is a little misleading. All non double Vaxed from the UK were already banned.  So no change for UK travellers.

They have now extended this line to all countries.

The time has come….the time really has come.

After 18 months of avoiding it and a few scares I think I’ve finally picked up the virus, pain in the arse because I was due my first dose on Tuesday.

Mrs tested positive on a lateral flow on Thursday (despite a negative on Tuesday) and was last with her Wednesday so would be amazed if I don’t have it, also feel like I’ve been hit by a train and was also only able to get 2 hours sleep last night.

Strange thing is I’ve had 2 negative lateral flows although still awaiting my PCR test, it is possible that I’ve just convinced myself I have it.

Don’t really have a cough though, bit of a sore/tickly throat, headache, really really sore back and had a temperature last night although that seems to have eased.

See you on the other side.

10 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

The time has come….the time really has come.

After 18 months of avoiding it and a few scares I think I’ve finally picked up the virus, pain in the arse because I was due my first dose on Tuesday.

Mrs tested positive on a lateral flow on Thursday (despite a negative on Tuesday) and was last with her Wednesday so would be amazed if I don’t have it, also feel like I’ve been hit by a train and was also only able to get 2 hours sleep last night.

Strange thing is I’ve had 2 negative lateral flows although still awaiting my PCR test, it is possible that I’ve just convinced myself I have it.

Don’t really have a cough though, bit of a sore/tickly throat, headache, really really sore back and had a temperature last night although that seems to have eased.

See you on the other side.

Both my flatmate and his girlfriend both got two negative Lateral Flow tests while clearly positive. Went about there normal business for a week before taking a PCR test to confirm they actually had it.

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I like the practise of subsituting the words "the economy" with "rich people's wealth" helps make a bit more sense of the situation. 

^^^^
Typical public sector employee with secure state pension who once read Karl Marx type attitude. 

Because as any fool knows, businesses are only run by ‘rich people’. 

Well, apart from the tens of thousands of small Scottish businesses that have been struggling to make ends meet for decades, dutifully paying their taxes (VAT, Corporation Tax - which is levied at a higher rate in Scotland than in England - PAYE, NI - where tax thresholds are less generous in Scotland), happily contributing more from these sources, in addition to higher levels of income tax in Scotland, and more onerous tax burdens on dividends, to help subsidise the NHS and the welfare state in general; creating and safeguarding jobs, and generally propping up a stagnant (even before Covid) Scottish economy saddled with a higher level of welfare dependency (due to poor public health and a myriad of other factors) than our Southern counterparts.

My businesses alone (all small or medium sized) have contributed many millions of pounds in tax revenue to the economy in the last 30 years, and I’m far from rich (my wife, who is a hairdresser, has been the chief breadwinner in our house for majority of the 24 years our marriage - it’s only been in the last 5 years that the huge investment of time - and reinvestment of any and all profit - in my businesses, which were started from scratch, has started to pay off). I’m just a typical tax-paying small business owner who is happy to contribute my share and try to make a modest to decent living from working exceptionally hard, like many thousands of others.

It’s small businesses that have suffered the most from ongoing Covid restrictions, not big companies.  Not everyone who runs a business is Jeff fucking Bezos, and the Bezos’s of this world don’t pay their share in taxes anyway and never will. It’s small businesses and employers that have been struggling to survive for the last 16 months, and in many cases falling by the wayside, with the consequent loss to the public purse of their future much-needed tax contributions. It’s small business owners that have been having countless sleepless nights for the last 16 months, worrying about their futures, and the futures of their employees, trying to make ends meet with limited support from a government that we’ve contributed huge amounts in tax revenue to over the years.

Edited by Frankie S

1 minute ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Both my flatmate and his girlfriend both got two negative Lateral Flow tests while clearly positive. Went about there normal business for a week before taking a PCR test to confirm they actually had it.

Aye I’d be amazed if I didn’t have it although like I say, I started to feel a bit dodgy last night about an hour after I found out about the positive test so if I’ve just convinced myself I’m ill and am imagining things in my head it wouldn’t be a huge shock, bloody back is proper agony though.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:
This is a disgrace and no doubt a sign of things to come for football supporters this season.

2000 is L0 seated crowd limit. Not sure why anyone is surprised. It will be like this at least until 9 August.

So why did Murrayfield in Level 1 have about 10x that last week, and Hampden in Level 1 6x that 4 times in the last couple of weeks?

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So why did Murrayfield in Level 1 have about 10x that last week, and Hampden in Level 1 6x that 4 times in the last couple of weeks?

Because the SRU and UEFA are better at presenting a case than Celtic? 

Tbh seeing the amount of staff that were used at Murrayfield and Hampden like folk standing outside the toilets as an example maybe 2000 is more cost effective rather than employing a small army to allow 10,000 in Celtic park.

Agree that it is a complete joke it all feels quite disjointed the whole live sports sector should be on the same page making the case for unrestricted capacities in stadia.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Because the SRU and UEFA are better at presenting a case than Celtic? 

Tbh seeing the amount of staff that were used at Murrayfield and Hampden like folk standing outside the toilets as an example maybe 2000 is more cost effective rather than employing a small army to allow 10,000 in Celtic park.

Agree that it is a complete joke it all feels quite disjointed the whole live sports sector should be on the same page making the case for unrestricted capacities in stadia.

This, and BJKs post, are just blatant Government apologist pish.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This, and BJKs post, are just blatant Government apologist pish.

Except it's the council's that make the decision.

Although I think the Gov were dealing with UEFA direct.

But forgive me if you think it's a good use of tax payers money to have "the guys" trying to extract the detail of how big a crowd should be in a stadium/ stadia.

The SPFL should have come up with a comprehensive plan months ago not leaving it for clubs to do themselves as this just means the clubs with the biggest resources or most planning/ public health knowledge getting the biggest crowds.

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

There are specific exemptions for events of international significance.

Its across the entire events sector as well.as sport. 

21 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

^^^^
Typical public sector employee with secure state pension who once read Karl Marx type attitude. 

Because as any fool knows, businesses are only run by ‘rich people’. 

Well, apart from the tens of thousands of small Scottish businesses that have been struggling to make ends meet for decades, dutifully paying their taxes (VAT, Corporation Tax - which is levied at a higher rate in Scotland than in England - PAYE, NI - where tax thresholds are less generous in Scotland), happily contributing more from these sources, in addition to higher levels of income tax in Scotland, and more onerous tax burdens on dividends, to help subsidise the NHS and the welfare state in general; creating and safeguarding jobs, and generally propping up a stagnant (even before Covid) Scottish economy saddled with a higher level of welfare dependency (due to poor public health and a myriad of other factors) than our Southern counterparts.

My businesses alone (all small or medium sized) have contributed many millions of pounds in tax revenue to the economy in the last 30 years, and I’m far from rich (my wife, who is a hairdresser, has been the chief breadwinner in our house for majority of the 24 years our marriage - it’s only been in the last 5 years that the huge investment of time - and reinvestment of any and all profit - in my businesses, which were started from scratch, has started to pay off). I’m just a typical tax-paying small business owner who is happy to contribute my share and try to make a modest to decent living from working exceptionally hard, like many thousand of others.

It’s small businesses that have suffered the most from ongoing Covid restrictions, not big companies.  Not everyone who runs a business is Jeff fucking Bezos, and the Bezos’s of this world don’t pay their share in taxes anyway and never will. It’s small businesses and employers that have been struggling to survive for the last 16 months, and in many cases falling by the wayside, with the consequent loss to the public purse of their future much-needed tax contributions. It’s small business owners that have been having countless sleepless nights for the last 16 months, worrying about their futures, and the futures of their employees, trying to make ends meet with limited support from a government that we’ve contributed huge amounts in tax revenue to over the years.

I believe that is what’s commonly referred to as a ‘telt’. 

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

But forgive me if you think it's a good use of tax payers money to have "the guys" trying to extract the detail of how big a crowd should be in a stadium/ stadia.

The SPFL should have come up with a comprehensive plan months ago not leaving it for clubs to do themselves as this just means the clubs with the biggest resources or most planning/ public health knowledge getting the biggest crowds.

Why is Clownshoes mouthing off about "I don't even need to pick up the phone" for crowds of certain size if it's councils making the decisions?

Edited by Marshmallo

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

More government apologist pish. The only reason it’s up to councils is because the government have put in place a wilful restrictive number in the first place, and then tried to absolve themselves of the overall responsibility if there’s a negative impact of any reasonable number being allowed by passing the blame onto local councils if they allow more than their paltry sum. Complete fucking nonsense.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

There are specific exemptions for events of international significance.

Its across the entire events sector as well.as sport. 

Yep, so the government are either saying that it’s clearly safe enough to have these type of numbers but they refuse to have it for certain things they don’t like (this is what’s happening) or that they are willing to hold unsafe events that will lead to deaths. Either way utterly disgraceful.