Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

OK, so I expected some message about getting boosters as the best way to handle Omicron. Certainly wasn't expecting him to set out a plan to deliver around 1 million boosters a day. Indeed  given the holidays in there, we'll need to average over a million a day.

I'd politely suggest that the PM has lost it. Surely not a chance that's achievable? This is basically a big Boris idea to try and claw back several weeks of negative headlines and turn it around.

He’s at it and trying to cling on to his job.  He’ll be getting a baw booting from his own party in parliament next week and he’s on the ropes.

Unless Omicron causes a serious issue I suspect he’ll cling on as the Christmas break will halt the non-stop pressure he’s under.  If they lose the upcoming by-election he could be toast though.

In Dundee the vaccination centre has been moved from the Caird Hall to an old shop in the High St with a much smaller capacity and outside queuing so that Leisure and Culture Dundee could get the Sterophonics on at the hall.

I'll jag myself during Xmas dinner if that's the way out of this shite.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I think it's ridiculously unlikely that this will be achieved.

But... a combination of the vast number we do manage, coupled with the Omicron wave being milder and peaking anyway, should be more than enough.

ETA this would be a good time for 24hr vaccinations to be offered.

Can't see many folk getting up in the middle of the night for jags it would have to be targeted at workplaces open at that time of night when an appointment in the middle of the day isn't ideal.

However in England Boris has lost all authority and up here it's still being suggested we may need further mitigations rather than a near universal coverage of vaccine and good coverage of boosters/3rd doses.

I will get mine at a time that suits me, likely a Monday or Tuesday so I'm over the any reaction by the Thursday in time to hit the pubs.

13 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Don’t be a pussy, just get the jag as soon as you can. Side affects are made up pish. 

"Pussy" and made up side affects. I think that's a full house from you.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

In Dundee the vaccination centre has been moved from the Caird Hall to an old shop in the High St with a much smaller capacity and outside queuing so that Leisure and Culture Dundee could get the Sterophonics on at the hall.

I'll jag myself during Xmas dinner if that's the way out of this shite.

Wasn’t worth it tbh.  The gig was a bit shite.

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There's been nothing in way of booking slots in GG&C area for the past week all the way through to February and that's before 18-39 year olds are even invited.

I won't be getting mine until at least mid January anyway as I went for a PCR today, convinced its coming back positive.

I got my letter last Wednesday, and booked into the Mosque for this Wednesday evening.

Partick Burgh Hall and the Donald Dewar Centre were both booked out until January though

7 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Not a chance we're getting everyone boosted by New Year. Not in Scotland anyway.

Not sure about anywhere else but my local vaccination centre was Ravenscraig sports centre and it got downsized a few weeks ago. It had been in the massive 7 a side football hall but, as far as I know, is now a room upstairs. It'll need set up again for a start which I'd imagine will take a few days.

Think Boris mentioned staff will move from current roles and some services halted. Would expect to see this happen in Scotland also as vaccinator numbers seem low currently. Far too much to be done in Scotland as you say for it to happen by the new year 

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Can't see many folk getting up in the middle of the night for jags it would have to be targeted at workplaces open at that time of night when an appointment in the middle of the day isn't ideal.

However in England Boris has lost all authority and up here it's still being suggested we may need further mitigations rather than a near universal coverage of vaccine and good coverage of boosters/3rd doses.

I will get mine at a time that suits me, likely a Monday or Tuesday so I'm over the any reaction by the Thursday in time to hit the pubs.

"Pussy" and made up side affects. I think that's a full house from you.

I’m just tired of the moping and procrastination. Get the booster, cut to the chase, get this dealt with. 

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

up here it's still being suggested we may need further mitigations rather than a near universal coverage of vaccine and good coverage of boosters/3rd doses.

Thankfully BJ appears to have no interest in handing a blank cheque over so that won't happen.

I also think the Tory Party would empty him if he even suggested it.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Guest Bob Mahelp

This is the covid equivalent of the Scotland to Northern Ireland bridge. 

There's nothing that this fucking clown likes better than a massive announcement that makes people go 'wow' but contains absolutely no detail or sense of feasability. He loves it even more when he's in deep shit, and thinks he can distract us all. 

It's just another dead cat, disguised as a presidential pronouncement and wrapped in a butcher's apron. 

We should also all remember that he made a statement at this time last year, where he promised no restrictions over Christmas. Only to U-turn spectacularly 10 days later. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

She’s a woman with an opinion. You wouldn’t like her.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Speaks volumes that you’ve taken the bait - you shamelessly spend the majority of your life on this thread. What a sad little man.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Man 😂

58 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Is Elixer a lassie?

She won't shag you, lads.

Get a third jag if you are over 18.

It is medically irrelevant for almost all of you, and doesnt prevent transmission. But nevertheless, its selfish if you dont.

We are also desperate to lock you down, and even if every single one of you gets vaccinated, we might just do that anyway

Is effectively the message from Sturgeon.

Tbh I strongly suspect this target won’t be met (or will be fudged) but encouraging booster take up and making them accessible are absolutely what both governments should be focusing on.

Far more sensible and effective than constant hints and threats about ‘protective measures’ as restrictions seem to have been renamed- sounds like something straight from independent sage HQ.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I strongly suspect this target won’t be met (or will be fudged) but encouraging booster take up and making them accessible are absolutely what both governments should be focusing on.

Far more sensible and effective than constant hints and threats about ‘protective measures’ as restrictions seem to have been renamed- sounds like something straight from independent sage HQ.

I strongly suspect Scotland will remain far more sensible and effective by having the highest vaccination rate in the UK. 

The 8pm 'announcement' was just a stunt.