Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

We got three fairly irrelevant villages. Now German is an official language here despite only 30,000 people speaking it.

(I say we despite not being in anyway Belgian other than temporarily living here)

According to AUFC90 you should all be speaking Russian - and grateful for it.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Most of them were killed by UK backed Greek Nazi collaborators. 

And?

How would the Greek Nazi collaborators have fared had the communists won?

Do these Greek Nazi collaborators include the Greek government in exile?

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

What's your point, caller?

What was your point? I asked whether it was better for Greek communists (and actually leftists of every persuasion) to be violently purged by a fascist coup supported by the Brits than forming their own government that they had fought for with popular support. 

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

And?

How would the Greek Nazi collaborators have fared had the communists won?

Do these Greek Nazi collaborators include the Greek government in exile?

Bold position here to take the side of *checks notes* the Nazi collaborators over the National Liberation Front.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Just had the council at the door.  Handing out 20 eggs and a bottle of cooking oil.  There doing this to every house in the village for the next 4 weeks.

Gid c***s, never hear a bad word said about them again.

I'm off eggs and I much prefer beef dripping

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Might be more interesting if it was...

Christ I've forgotten the question!

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

Noone has contacted my dad, and he's 78 and has a strange blood cancer. I think it's an accidental oversight. Might be worthwhile contacting your gp for clarification. Worst case scenario and your lassie isn't able to drop of messages for whatever reason, you'll have the option of the food box / deliveries on the bench as it were just in case. 

I can understand your reasonings but I dinnae like making a fuss.

I'll mibbe speak to the staff here as they are employed by the council (I think) and ask them why I'm no on the food box list.

40 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Sorry, missed this in the welter of posts about how the western allies should have packed up once the Germans invaded Russia, because the war was won at that point ... I don't know where you get it, but it's called Kara.

I googled it and all I can see is frozen bread.

My fridge/freezer is a wee one suitable for a bedsit

Which means I have two wee shelves with the top one for meats and the bottom one for veg.

I have nae room for other frozen stuff.

24 minutes ago, madwullie said:

@Wee Willie

This is why you're better letting them know beforehand rather than waiting until you need them. It might take a while for them to get their arses in gear 👍 

Aye, your right. I'll enquire downstairs as to food parcels.

Nobody is disputing that.
And what exactly are you disputing ? That the US and the UK didn't get any geo political or monetary advantages by conquering Berlin ? Ok then. The EU wouldn't have happened if Russia was left to carve up Germany itself.

2 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Just as well it's no russian roulette!

Yeah! Found it!

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Might be more interesting if it was...

I could just imagine doulikefish pressing the trigger and there's only a click.

He hands the gun back and shuts the door.

2 minutes later he hears a gunshot and has a wee snigger to himself.

6 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I'm off eggs and I much prefer beef dripping

Christ I've forgotten the question!

I can understand your reasonings but I dinnae like making a fuss.

I'll mibbe speak to the staff here as they are employed by the council (I think) and ask them why I'm no on the food box list.

I googled it and all I can see is frozen bread.

My fridge/freezer is a wee one suitable for a bedsit

Which means I have two wee shelves with the top one for meats and the bottom one for veg.

I have nae room for other frozen stuff.

Aye, your right. I'll enquire downstairs as to food parcels.

It's not frozen

A treble on HB Torshavn,  NSI Runavik and Skala IF will net you a profit of 41p. Nap.
Coronawindow signings somewhat temper your oddson jolly treble. I will contact my cousin BigAlviking in Torshavn to get his feedback

6 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
17 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Nobody is disputing that.

And what exactly are you disputing ? That the US and the UK didn't get any geo political or monetary advantages by conquering Berlin ? Ok then. The EU wouldn't have happened if Russia was left to carve up Germany itself.

1/ No

2/ Yes

Do you think the Red Army would have stopped at the Rhine?

The US is a strange one because its been held up by the carnage in NY. Now that NY is dropping, a bunch of the other states are rising and it looks like a plateau over all. Given states are announcing record deaths per day at the same time as they are reopening, I think we can safely say they will be on an upward trend again in the next fortnight or so. Projected to hit 3k deaths per day in a couple of weeks. 
Given they seem particularly stupid when it comes to covid, I think we should really cut them out of all comparisons, as they basically seem to be doing everything they can to spread it further. 
Yep, the daily death numbers had fallen for a few days, but started to rise again at the end of last week.Screenshot_20200506-140256_Chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What was your point? I asked whether it was better for Greek communists (and actually leftists of every persuasion) to be violently purged by a fascist coup supported by the Brits than forming their own government that they had fought for with popular support. 

Bold position here to take the side of *checks notes* the Nazi collaborators over the National Liberation Front.

* checks other notes* Who's taking sides?

Edited by Jacksgranda

1/ No
2/ Yes
Do you think the Red Army would have stopped at the Rhine?
No, it would have probably stopped at the coast which was why the Western allies were so eager to open up a 2nd front in the end.

37 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Most of them were killed by UK backed Greek Nazi collaborators. 

Greece might have had a variable and sometimes fucked up post war history, but I doubt many of them looked longingly at the Warsaw Pact.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This plus a white loaf. Sometimes it's brown. @Wee Willie

wed.thumb.JPG.8c2233df5d92709541ae1f9ecec0c4d0.JPG

Aye that's no bad but as I've mentioned before I'm a fussy eater.

The only cereal I eat is Morrisons wheat bread cos they say they have taken loads of sugar out of it.

Suits me being diabetic. I dinnae eat fruit  or pasta or rice.

I have a couple of tilda rice which I cook in the microwave.

Also being on my own the tins beans are too big and I much prefer the reduced salt cartons suitable for the microwave.

Out of the tins I would consume the chicken broth although I have a supply of Heinz Scotch & Beef broth which I much prefer.

Like I say I'm a fussy eater and if we had a weekly exchange market in our common room I'd be exchanging most of that parcel for whatever.

Having said that it's full marks to your council for supplying it.

28 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Yep, the daily death numbers had fallen for a few days, but started to rise again at the end of last week.Screenshot_20200506-140256_Chrome.jpg

One of these graphs must be wrong.

US deaths on Friday were 1,897

Have a flick through the IHME graphs and try find a projection anywhere close to accurate

Screenshot_20200506-142801_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God