Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Regarding the question from the first member of the public today. Why is it that Italy have less deaths when their health service was overwhelmed for a while?

If we had more people in hospital and getting treated then is this down to what? They said Italy it was all old people and mixing with kids and lots of  smokers. They just bend the rules or metrics to suit the agenda now. As mentioned why even show the slide if it’s not worth comparing?

The deaths were concentrated in a small area that couldn't cope.

In Holland:

Also on June 1, a lot of other things can open: restaurants, bars, movie theaters and museums. But there are a long list of qualifications: only with reservations, must keep to 1.5 meters, there will be checks.

The rules for bars, etc will be for 30 people. That can increase to 100 people as of July 1 if all goes well.

2 minutes ago, The Holiday Song said:

In Holland:

Also on June 1, a lot of other things can open: restaurants, bars, movie theaters and museums. But there are a long list of qualifications: only with reservations, must keep to 1.5 meters, there will be checks.

The rules for bars, etc will be for 30 people. That can increase to 100 people as of July 1 if all goes well.

Should be alright in the UK. Most pubs have about 5 old guys shuffling between there and the bookies in provincial towns.

Stunned at the response and easy ride our government are getting. Genuinely stunned at the length some people will go to play partisan politics. And the SNP aren't exactly covering themselves in glory with their response either. I know there's a limit on what they can and can't do and have to in certain cases follow the rUK lead, but they're not coming out of this smelling of roses either. And if we have all just been 'following the science' - Why is our 'science' so shit compared to pretty much every other country then?

Absolute shambles.

12 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Stunned at the response and easy ride our government are getting. Genuinely stunned at the length some people will go to play partisan politics. And the SNP aren't exactly covering themselves in glory with their response either. I know there's a limit on what they can and can't do and have to in certain cases follow the rUK lead, but they're not coming out of this smelling of roses either. And if we have all just been 'following the science' - Why is our 'science' so shit compared to pretty much every other country then?

Absolute shambles.

I'm unsurprised that a lot of the media have adopted a 'see no evil, speak no evil' approach, but it's the reaction of a large chunk of the public that I find bizarre.

Facebook and Twitter are full of people banging on about how 'the government are doing the best they can and now isn't the time for criticism.'

People are behaving as if the Tories had just presided over a disappointing Sunday roast rather than a public health catastrophe.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

8 hours ago, doulikefish said:

The lockdown needs to end now.......just had a note through our door inviting us to play street bingo 

Full house £14 quid richer....lockdown needs to be extended 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Have some second hand info that spfl has plans in place for open stadium football till january.

How are clubs to pay for squads, all other staff and matchday expenses? I can't see how this is feasible.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Assume you mean no open stadiums till January?

If so, I think I'd maybe take that as I was assuming it could be longer.

As above; how can clubs pay for this?

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I understand why they may not go for this, but there is no real reason for the likes of Albion Rovers v Stranraer to be held behind closed doors.

Yes there is, and you know there is.

I guess bringing football back and making everyone play behind closed doors is one way of ending the reconstruction debate - at least half the teams in Scotland will have gone bust by the time fans are allowed back. 

No it doesn't, not sure what you are getting at though. I fully agree but it will make it a mighty hard sell for NS as it gives folk an opening, an opportunity to go in the opposite direction.

If that tousel-haired Tory Bullingdon Boy perma-shagging lying tosser announces some sort of relaxation, or a pathway to relaxation - call it what you will, and wee Jimmy Krankie up here says ‘three more weeks as is’, fcuk sake. Does the virus stop at Hadrians Wall? Is a coffee shop, school, or business in Carlisle different from one in Lanark? Jesus fcuking christ. I need to book a Belfast to London flight with Aer Lingus to get my head round it*.
*Edit. Either book that flight, or visit my holiday home in Fife, travel to Dover for tea with Nigel Farage, or try to find a married MILF somewhere to be a two-faced lying cnut with. 

Surely clubs can just make people redundant if they still have contracted staff when furlough arrangements end.  Obviously, that's far from ideal and a shame for those concerned. I don't really see why clubs need to go bust here though. 

I'm clearly being simplistic and dim, but I don't entirely buy the idea that loads of clubs will go under.  Incomes have collapsed, but I'd see football clubs as better able than lots of businesses to also slash outgoings.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I understand why they may not go for this, but there is no real reason for the likes of Albion Rovers v Stranraer to be held behind closed doors.

Even more so the junior league or whatever they’re calling themselves these days. What happened to the original rhetoric we had of “no crowds over 500”, this was never because over 500 would mean more corona, it was because it would take emergency services away from hospitals etc, despite most lower league grounds using volunteers or St Andrews ambulances 

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

If that tousel-haired Tory Bullingdon Boy perma-shagging lying tosser announces some sort of relaxation, or a pathway to relaxation - call it what you will, and wee Jimmy Krankie up here says ‘three more weeks as is’, fcuk sake. Does the virus stop at Hadrians Wall? Is a coffee shop, school, or business in Carlisle different from one in Lanark? Jesus fcuking christ. I need to book a Belfast to London flight with Aer Lingus to get my head round it*.

*Edit. Either book that flight, or visit my holiday home in Fife, travel to Dover for tea with Nigel Farage, or try to find a married MILF somewhere to be a two-faced lying cnut with. 

As if anything ever said applied to you.

BJ has put back the lockdown review from tomorrow and announced at PMQs today that he will make a statement to the nation on Sunday re relaxing measures some of which (pretty much out the blue) may happen as quickly as Monday. Hence a collision course with devolved administrations (NS widely expected to announce a 3 week extension tomorrow, interesting to see how she plays it now)

I haven’t been in to watch the news today, what’s all this about lockdown being eased from Monday?