Coronavirus (COVID-19)

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Greece might have had a variable and sometimes fucked up post war history, but I doubt many of them looked longingly at the Warsaw Pact.

Did they no tell a King Philip(?)  Paul tae get tae fcuk

Edited by Wee Willie

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Greece might have had a variable and sometimes fucked up post war history, but I doubt many of them looked longingly at the Warsaw Pact.

Or they could have taken a Yugoslav path if the Brits hadn't thrown their weight behind a bunch of fascist collaborators instead. Yay for our 'victory' in Europe!

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Ah well, that makes all the purges and fascism okay.

26 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

* checks other notes* Who's taking sides?

You are by simplistically framing the post-war settlement as the dastardly Soviets versus the virtuous West. 

Just now, virginton said:

Or they could have taken a Yugoslav path if the Brits hadn't thrown their weight behind a bunch of fascist collaborators instead. Yay for our 'victory' in Europe!

That turned out well.

Here is their up to date graph of their hilarious projection for the UK.

The government threw them a bone and included care home deaths after they published it and they are still an absolute mile out

Screenshot_20200506-143604_Opera.jpg

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nicola packs them herself, sometimes she slips me some smokes.

I'm more worried about the underlying message. 

A box of Cheerios. 

Edited by SlipperyP

Just now, welshbairn said:

That turned out well.

That was the product of the regime's disintegration champ, not of the regime itself. I'm afraid that the Big Boomer Book of Liberal Exceptionalism doesn't actually cut it against pesky things like i) facts and ii) historical perspective.

5 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I feel a fool. I thought it was the council.

I'm a silly Willie

It's SlipperyP's fault He wrote Just had the council at the door.  Handing out 20 eggs and a bottle of cooking oil.

That was in my heid when I wrote what I wrote.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nicola packs them herself, sometimes she slips me some smokes.

I've just fired off an email tae her cos I'm a born again non-smoker. (7 years now cauld turkey)

I telt her she shouldnae be encouraging bairns tae smoke (especially welsh yins).

40 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You are by simplistically framing the post-war settlement as the dastardly Soviets versus the virtuous West. 

No I'm not. You, on the other hand...

There seems to be a lot more traffic on the road this last three days, judging by what I see from the living room window. This lockdown is just going to collapse and four/five weeks from now infections/hospital admissions/deaths will start to climb again.

There seems to be a lot more traffic on the road this last three days, judging by what I see from the living room window. This lockdown is just going to collapse and four/five weeks from now infections/hospital admissions/deaths will start to climb again.
Took the kids a walk today. Seen multiple cars occupied by groups of folk including a van with 3 young guys in the front seat. Loads of traffic in general.

Lots of folk out on their daily exercise no doubt due to the weather but theres simply no doubt about folk relaxing the rules themselves now.

Have heard a few examples recently from folk I consider to be sensible about going round to a mates garden with cans and chairs and sitting 2 metres apart.