Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Good point, it's not good to compare but we will show you the slide every day.
Bollocks

Been showing the international comparison graph every day as well. But now UK is highest in Europe, the comparisons are suddenly meaningless. So why have they been showing them every day? Now got a new chart showing the rate per million (I think) of population, which is fair enough, but they hadn’t shown that before. Also the scale looked weird, but it wasn’t on long enough to confirm. 

29 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Tell us specifics about work rather than half arsed shit.

Taking the dog through into Glasgow University we cut by the back of the temporary Maths building then going past some of the site offices the steps were all marked with "keep 2 metres apart" and some nice red n yella lines. This is the main entrance for the site. Must be a return to the construction work on the cards soon?

14 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Joggers and cyclists on the pavement usually don't bother with the 2m rule, some joggers take the rule to another level though. But then the 2m rule in that circumstance is in reality stupid but occasionally it goes wrong for them.

Walking towards two people and seeing a cyclist on the pavement coming up behind them, they don't hear or see him. As they started to move to the outside of the pavement with me moving to the inside I shouted a warning to watch out from behind you. Cyclist who thought he could nip past them on the outside of the pavement is forced to take evasive action onto the road as two pedestrians suddenly turn round and stop walking, fortunately for the cyclist there was no car and no accident. Cyclist goes past me with out a word.

Then there's this woman when jogging past me overtaking, I gave her plenty of room and she ran out into the road and I mean right out into the road about six foot away from the curb right into the path of an oncoming car, car swerved, driver almost had a heart attack and the jogger didn't bat an eyelid, perfectly normal day to day occurrence for her I guess.

Has anyone on here had similar experiences of stupid?

Yes with Cyclists.

I was going along a footpath with my boys earlier today when a cyclist sneaked up on us. I heard some gravel crunching behind us as he approached. When I turned round this looming figure was right behind us and we jumped out the way as he rumbled on. The fucker didn't ring a bell or make any attempt to let us know he was there. There was no wave or acknowledgement as he swept by. Two minutes later we approached a dog walker and he moved onto the grass to keep a distance. As I was nodding acknowledgement to him I noticed he was looking beyond me and looked anxious. At this I turned around and another fucking cyclist swept by between us, I could feel the breeze as he passed. No bell or f**k all from this p***k and he couldn't hear me shouting after him cause he had headphones on.

If my boys know the score by now to walk in a line or wait to let people pass safely there's no excuse for that behaviour from those two dicksplash grown-men cyclists.

30 minutes ago, Snafu said:

alking towards two people and seeing a cyclist on the pavement coming up behind them, they don't hear or see him. As they started to move to the outside of the pavement with me moving to the inside I shouted a warning to watch out from behind you. Cyclist who thought he could nip past them on the outside of the pavement is forced to take evasive action onto the road as two pedestrians suddenly turn round and stop walking, fortunately for the cyclist there was no car and no accident. Cyclist goes past me with out a word.

Reminds me of someone shouting out a warning to a blind man approaching a lamppost waving his stick, turns head and walks straight into it.  

Have some second hand info that spfl has plans in place for open stadium football till january.
Assume you mean no open stadiums till January?

If so, I think I'd maybe take that as I was assuming it could be longer.

21 minutes ago, Sport socks and scampi said:

Sorry to hear about your experience with the common cyclist.    

I'd check youtube later, best make sure they haven't posted a video of you obstructing their track.    

If you could thanks and let them know it was a footpath not a cycling path. Tell them to ring their wee bells too like fucking grown up cycling dicks are meant to do too. Cheers pal.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Assume you mean no open stadiums till January?

If so, I think I'd maybe take that as I was assuming it could be longer.

I understand why they may not go for this, but there is no real reason for the likes of Albion Rovers v Stranraer to be held behind closed doors.

I understand why they may not go for this, but there is no real reason for the likes of Albion Rovers v Stranraer to be held behind closed doors.

If you say Albion Rovers or Queen’s Park are playing with attendance allowed, but rangers and/or Celtic aren’t allowed fans people will just go to it for the sake of a game.

23 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If you say Albion Rovers or Queen’s Park are playing with attendance allowed, but rangers and/or Celtic aren’t allowed fans people will just go to it for the sake of a game.

They could, of course, sell tickets...

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s good they supply that but do they take into account dietary requirements? I’m vegetarian so a lot of that would be wasted on me. Surely is not just the under 65’s that are vegetarian 😂

There's one tin of meatballs in there! :lol: Sorry, the chicken soup too.

Edited by welshbairn

Regarding the question from the first member of the public today. Why is it that Italy have less deaths when their health service was overwhelmed for a while?

If we had more people in hospital and getting treated then is this down to what? They said Italy it was all old people and mixing with kids and lots of  smokers. They just bend the rules or metrics to suit the agenda now. As mentioned why even show the slide if it’s not worth comparing?