Coronavirus (COVID-19)

29 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

That's it confirmed by the Belgian government from Sunday I can have upto four people round to my flat. Straight onto Tinder.

Coronavirus isn’t the only infectious disease you need to worry about.

There seems to be a lot more traffic on the road this last three days, judging by what I see from the living room window. This lockdown is just going to collapse and four/five weeks from now infections/hospital admissions/deaths will start to climb again.
Especially as Scottish Gov will announce 3 more weeks tomorrow as BJ signals relaxation from Monday at UK level. It will simply crumble.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
29 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
There seems to be a lot more traffic on the road this last three days, judging by what I see from the living room window. This lockdown is just going to collapse and four/five weeks from now infections/hospital admissions/deaths will start to climb again.

Especially as Scottish Gov will announce 3 more weeks tomorrow as BJ signals relaxation from Monday at UK level. It will simply crumble.

I mentioned a few days ago that the SNP need to be mindful of next years election.

If the SNP confine people to their homes for a further 3 weeks whilst WM allows travel to be in the vicinity of select friends and family, that won't go well for them next year.

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
39 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If that tousel-haired Tory Bullingdon Boy perma-shagging lying tosser announces some sort of relaxation, or a pathway to relaxation - call it what you will, and wee Jimmy Krankie up here says ‘three more weeks as is’, fcuk sake. Does the virus stop at Hadrians Wall? Is a coffee shop, school, or business in Carlisle different from one in Lanark? Jesus fcuking christ. I need to book a Belfast to London flight with Aer Lingus to get my head round it*.

*Edit. Either book that flight, or visit my holiday home in Fife, travel to Dover for tea with Nigel Farage, or try to find a married MILF somewhere to be a two-faced lying cnut with. 

Edited by pozbaird

The idea that you can go to work with someome in KFC but then not sit in the garden with them after work is absurd.

You can go meet them on Westminster Bridge, however, but only at 8pm on a Thursday.

The kiddy on lockdown is a joke now. Wear masks around people outwith your household and keep 2m away from them for now.

Edited by Todd_is_God

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
46 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

What the Scottish government announce is pretty irrelevant to me, it's what the NI Executive decide. And the Dublin government, too, tbh.

15 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I mentioned a few days ago that the SNP need to be mindful of next years election.

If the SNP confine people to their homes for a further 3 weeks whilst WM allows travel to be in the vicinity of select friends and family, that won't go well for them next year.

In that highly likely scenario would our little corner of Europe be the only part still in some kind of lockdown thats not been relaxed to any extent?

57 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If hospital admissions and deaths climb after week 10/11 of a 'lockdown' then the failure quite clearly lies with the policy itself and not the people you see twitching at your window curtains. It's not as if both figures are at zero right now anyway.

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Have heard a few examples recently from folk I consider to be sensible about going round to a mates garden with cans and chairs and sitting 2 metres apart.

Given that the UK government is currently preparing the ground to tell everyone to get back to work if they can keep to the hallowed 2m distance I don't see why people should be castigated for doing similar in their own free time right now. The reality here is that the measures have been followed to a significant degree by just about everyone to a degree that I suspect even the government themselves are surprised at.

It's not going to remain at that level indefinitely because the measures are massively restrictive and were quite clearly billed as temporary. The onus is now on the government to find better alternatives.

Edited by vikingTON

On the positive side, yesterday's briefing from Sturgeon was the first case of the SG coming close to delivering on its 'adult conversation' pledge with the public. Setting out a range of potential choices being considered instead of presenting a fait accompli led by The Science was a distinct change of tone.

The public health advertising campaign has also been quite effective throughout, though with hindsight I don't see why they weren't hammering home the handwashing message from January instead of waiting for a national outbreak to develop first: it's a completely cost-free behaviour to emphasise.

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Just had the council at the door.  Handing out 20 eggs and a bottle of cooking oil.  There doing this to every house in the village for the next 4 weeks.

Gid c***s, never hear a bad word said about them again.

4 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

He's busy making an omelette m9...

It won't be his last.

26 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The idea that you can go to work with someome in KFC but then not sit in the garden with them after work is absurd.

You can go meet them on Westminster Bridge, however, but only at 8pm on a Thursday.

You can pretty well do what you like at the moment if you don't brag about it on social media or make loads of noise to annoy the neighbours.

Edited by welshbairn

On the positive side, yesterday's briefing from Sturgeon was the first case of the SG coming close to delivering on its 'adult conversation' pledge with the public. Setting out a range of potential choices being considered instead of presenting a fait accompli led by The Science was a distinct change of tone.
The public health advertising campaign has also been quite effective throughout, though with hindsight I don't see why they weren't hammering home the handwashing message from January instead of waiting for a national outbreak to develop first: it's a completely cost-free behaviour to emphasise.
Quite frankly I think it's absolutely rank that washing your hands isn't a given for so many clarty middens out there already.

You can pretty well do what you like at the moment if you don't brag about it on social media or make loads of noise to annoy the neighbours.
I have a shared garden with our upstairs neighbour and they have had relatives round the last couple of weeks having barbecues and what not.

It doesnt bother me too much as I just keep to the 2m distance but i can see why people are getting pissed off on both sides.