Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Picking up home cooked food and being caught paying to eat some lassies pie, Walker must be a pretty shite cook

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Furlough scheme plus plummeting oil prices. I'm pro independence but that looks like a nightmare for us if we had went alone tbf.

The only countries with oil majorly struggling with the virus outbreak at the US and the UK. 

16 minutes ago, RH33 said:

f**k sake my seven yr old throws better abuse at me than that!

Try harder!

My inherent sexism makes it difficult.  I hate myself for that weakness.

You win.  :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52594023

UK airlines say they have been told the government will bring in a 14-day quarantine for anyone arriving in the UK from any country apart from the Republic of Ireland in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The new restriction is expected to take effect at the end of this month.

Great idea.  Why has it taken so long for this to happen in a first world country like the UK. When my tinpot Thailand have had this in place since the start of April?  We don't even have flights coming or going for over a month, just emergency flights to bring people back home or stranded nationals back to their own countries. We will start international flights again on 1st June, however the quarantine practice will still be in effect (placed in a Government quarantine institution for 14 days on arrival  (hotel next to the airport)).

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-52587408

1.2 billion people

While back in Europe with 714 million people, the virus has killed 150,000 in 3 months.

It might be something to do with average life expectancy across Africa being 61 for men.

It's tricky to die of Corona virus when you are already dead. 

Deciding we are going to quarantine passengers arriving in the country 7 weeks into a lockdown and after we are officially the worst hit country on Europe and 2 mins worst in the world only behind Trumps America?

C381CFBD-5102-40D8-B51A-4925697D57EA.gif

If quarantining International arrivals is needed now, it was needed several weeks ago. Doubt it's going to be one of those measures that proves decisive, but it really ought to have been put in place already to try and dampen down the 'first' wave. 

The government may well point out that most arrivals are people that live here returning to the UK. Fine, but they should've been told to stay indoors for 14 days. 

17 minutes ago, Michael W said:

If quarantining International arrivals is needed now, it was needed several weeks ago. Doubt it's going to be one of those measures that proves decisive, but it really ought to have been put in place already to try and dampen down the 'first' wave. 

The government may well point out that most arrivals are people that live here returning to the UK. Fine, but they should've been told to stay indoors for 14 days. 

Nope, they should have been put in quarantine for 14 days (army camps), same as here in Thailand.  It's ridiculous that the UK is so far behind most nations.  Suppose it the true British Spirit and you know best.... 

Expect the British to be  black listed when trying to travel internationally, when other countries have opened up and trying to get back to normal. Enjoy your holidays to the USA or Belarus.

Edited by SlipperyP

10 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Nope, they should have been put in quarantine for 14 days (army camps), same as here in Thailand.  It's ridiculous that the UK is so far behind most nations.  Suppose it the true British Spirit and you know best.... 

Expect the British to be  black listed when trying to travel internationally, when other countries have opened up and trying to get back to normal. Enjoy your holidays to the USA or Belarus.

Other European countries, such as Austria, that impose 14 day quarantine aren't sending people to army camps. 

Edited by Michael W

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Other European countries, such as Austria, that impose 14 day quarantine aren't sending people to army camps. 

Hotels then, doesn't matter where as long as they are quarantined.  Army camps was the extreme.