Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 hours ago, ICTChris said:

If you fancy taking advantage of the unlimited exercise, here is the longest possible walk on earth

IMG_1010.jpg

Sending the youngest to do that one.

30 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If Terminator has taught me anything, it's that to save the world from these robots, you need to go back in time and pump your best mate's maw

Does just getting off with her and having a feel count or does it have to be properly pumped? Asking for a friend. 

7 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Wonder when Boris will start backpedaling. Even the Brexit types are against him here:

The idiots have become self aware because suddenly money and being racist doesn’t mean anything.

3 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

The one i responded to was responding to one specifically about deaths.

Anyway, confusion cleared up.  I stand by my previous point.  When we have a 7-day rolling average, there is no clinical or scientific need i can see to have the people pulling that data together "in over the weekend".  

If there was a compelling reason for it, we should staff up to report, but I can't see what that is. 

It's true that there's no clinical need to gather death data over the weekend, but surely you'd agree it's amateurish to publish a figure over the weekend when you know it's not representative and you know people at home are looking for trends.

By the way, not saying you're wrong, but where do the Scottish Government publish a 7-day rolling average of cases or deaths?

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

When he becomes Prime Minister, so, never.

Apparently he is doing one tonight as leader of the opposition (I dunno why) I just wondered what time since the TV schedule has gone to f**k.

18 minutes ago, bendan said:

It's true that there's no clinical need to gather death data over the weekend, but surely you'd agree it's amateurish to publish a figure over the weekend when you know it's not representative and you know people at home are looking for trends.

By the way, not saying you're wrong, but where do the Scottish Government publish a 7-day rolling average of cases or deaths?

https://spice-spotlight.scot/2020/05/11/coronavirus-covid-19-in-scotland/

Spice is the Scottish Parliament Information Centre.  

As for your other bit about "people at home looking for trends",  I really couldn't care less.  If an armchair epidemiologist is struggling to understand a 7 day rolling average, that's their fault.  I don't want the SG spending more money (because that's what it would take unless you are wanting the existing staff to work 2 extra days for free or alternatively employ additional staff without pay) so that wee jimmy doesn't get too confused.

46 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Apparently he is doing one tonight as leader of the opposition (I dunno why) I just wondered what time since the TV schedule has gone to f**k.

He'll be on 5 minutes after Boris shouting "ignore him, stay in, don't go to work."

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Did my weekly grocery shopping at the local ASDA and this week social distancing and the whole point of having the direction arrows on the floor is now out the window. They all seem to have given up and I'm the only one who pays attention.

Currently drinking toilet duck and blackcurrant to fend of a potential virus attack.

Did some shopping in Home Bargains today. Short queue to get in. Everyone outside standing pretty much exactly on the 2m guide tapes. Once inside, not possible to maintain a strict 2m distance from everyone, all the time. As I looked for the toothpaste I wanted, a woman walked past me to get to whatever she wanted further up the aisle. We never spat on each other, never coughed on each other, never shook hands, never shagged, never snogged, never breathed down each other’s neck, never had a high-five, never rubbed noses in an Eskimo sort of way.... no worries.

I’m finding that the majority of people are doing their best. Trying to be respectful. There’s always going to be situations where we briefly breeze past each other as we go about our business.

She was a right MILF type though. Shame she never fancied breaking the 2m guidelines in a more meaningful manner.... 

I will deny saying this in court.