Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Romeo said:
28 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
And that's without testing anyone.

So if they haven't tested anyone, how did they get that figure ?

They're testing people in hospital who are suspected to have it, but not c***s in the community who are symptomatic any more 

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't think anyone would be anymore scared of cancer given that everyone already knows how deadly it can be and it's not really relevant here as it's not contagious. 

I take the point, but I wasn't trying to compare them. I'm just saying we don't have a running score with daily updates. It's making this more political than it needs to be.

One of my friends just posted this on FB, which surprises me as I always saw Inverurie as being a fairly respectable place:

I'm in Tesco Inverurie, and they announced "all available colleagues to rumble in aisle 9"

28 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The figures also only ever go up. Anyone who recovers is still included in the running total.

Someone mentioned the swine flu pandemic a decade ago, and how the figures were also huge but there was very little panic.

Social media is absolutely driving fear. Bigger numbers lead to more clicks, and also leads to the panic buying we have been seeing over the last week.

Swine Flu took about 18 months to go away, during which time life pretty much continued as normal. This level of panic is unsustainable for that long.

The major difference this time is the unprecedented action being taken by Governments throughout the world.

Make no mistake the threat here is very real and is not just a social media driven frenzy.

Stockmarkets have collapsed, Economies are in ruin and there will be mass unemployment throughout the developed world.

As I say, this is much much more than a bit of irrational panic.

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

One of my friends just posted this on FB, which surprises me as I always saw Inverurie as being a fairly respectable place:

Yes, I remember being shocked by this also, until I was told it was basically turning labels around and moving stock to the front of the shelves.

So disappointing..........

23 minutes ago, Romeo said:
47 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
And that's without testing anyone.

So if they haven't tested anyone, how did they get that figure ?

We've stopped testing in the community and are only testing hospital cases which of course are the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Usual Saturday morning routine for me & Mrs Silverton is head to Erskine, Aldi which is generally quiet. Dog comes with us & 1 of us walks dog by the river, other 1 gets the shopping (me).

Aldi today, no trolleys, shop full of minters, shelves almost empty, minters on their phones being remotely controlled. "Aye I think uv goat enough fur the freezer fur 2 month".

Even seen one lassie with a big clipboard ticking off her list.

c***s

I drove into the car park to get some crusty bread go with my soup.......and drove through and out other end!

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

My job relies pretty much solely on visiting American tourists so while this travel ban is in place I’m likely to not earn a penny. Tough times.

And everyone thinks being a gigolo is easy.

32 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't think anyone would be anymore scared of cancer given that everyone already knows how deadly it can be and it's not really relevant here as it's not contagious. 

Are you sure you want to make that claim?

Really sure?

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We've stopped testing in the community and are only testing hospital cases which of course are the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

So they are testing people?

And not.."not testing anyone"?