Coronavirus (COVID-19)

29 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Just been swimming with the kids and it was very quiet compared to normal due to peoples fears about the virus.

My sons response, great it means no queue for the flumes.

The joy of being ten.

Taking your kids swimming seems absolutely mental. I’m not surprised there was no one there.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Taking your kids swimming seems absolutely mental. I’m not surprised there was no one there.

Read a few things saying virus doesn't survive in chlorinated water.

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Yeah we dinghyed swimming lessons this morning. My youngest did have a birthday party to go to that I would have kept ihim from if it wouldn't have broken his heart. Hopefully that moment of weakness doesn't come back to kill me in the coming weeks 😩

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

If you got shite on any other part of your body, would you be happy just wiping it away with a piece of toilet paper? 

No, you wipe all you can off and use either a bidet or water jet etc. to clean up. Then go about your day by having a shower.

If you just don't wipe your arse then jump in the shower you are a no righter and should be watched.

44 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Have to say, I'm not enjoying Jagfox's days old memes in here. Step your game up, son.

Give me a break. I’m on self isolation with a bag of cans...

Supermarkets here in Veneto seem fine for stock. The booze section was a bit low but everything else could just be put down to usual Saturday afternoon stock levels.

There was a limit of ten customers at any one time, gloves and trolleys mandatory and the usual one metre rule. IMG_20200314_164305.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Dutch have found an antibody that could prevent the Coronavirus from infecting people. Always knew they were good, honest, hardworking lads.

How much for a half dig? 🤔

30 minutes ago, bendan said:

It would be able to track you each time a lookup was performed, but if you didn't use it, it wouldn't be tracking you. 

Not sure how you know that, many other apps do.

Three confirmed cases at Glasgow Uni.
HWFG heh.png&key=a6e087fdded082e88106651c0a0a810f02257eeeaf9bf0ddd89dbe80c980cd6c
My son is at Glasgow and knows one of the confirmed cases. He hasn't been in contact with this person for about a month.

In totally unrelated news...

Anyone any advice in how to seal up a room to make it airtight?

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Anyone any advice in how to seal up a room to make it airtight?

Who or what are you trying to kill?

Is this going to be like Star Trek IV where they fly whales around space in a water filled tank, forgetting that they have to breathe air? 

Do shops have the power to limit sales on products?

Surely it's in their interest to do so.

Sensible preparations, yes - but bulk buying needs to be stopped. My missus says she saw folk taking full trays of tinned goods this morning. Fucking full trays.

What's wrong with people?
I view people who panic buy, as lesser individuals.

It's a pathetic state of affairs, do they reckon if they wrap themselves up like an Egyptian mummy in bog roll they will be safe from the dreaded mang.

I would have snipers sitting outside supermarkets taking these f**kers out, the human race would be better off for it.

'HERD IMMUNITY'

I've been wondering about this, and to me it sounds a bit like 'survival of the fittest'  dressed up as something else.

That is, government doesn't actually do very much.  I appreciate that this does rather fit with the record, and attitude of the government over the

last almost 10 years.

My basic question really is... are the pronouncements from the top people at the NHS based on the best known scientifics advice,

or are they ultra heavily influenced by politics, and the sundry policy wonks, political advisers, 'nudge theorists' etc ?

This isn't really some abstract question.  On the run up to the recent General Election, the now Prime Minister stated absolutely that he had a new plan

for social care for elderly people 'ready to go' ( or whatever the glib phrase was ).  Post election, he admitted that he didn't have a plan.

So it was all a lie. Just a  straightforward, unashamed , blatant lie. 

As I said, is it just survival of the fittest?  Is this the kind of country we are ?

Edited by beefybake