Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
25 minutes ago, Szamo said:
The virus doesn't care whether you're colouring in Tigger in school or at home completing the crossword in The People's Friend.
FACT.

What if I'm colouring The People's Friend?

Then you must stay at home to protect the #NHS and save lives.

24 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

No need, it's well known you are safe as long as you are sitting down.

It's why you can sit in a pub for hours no problem, but standing up to take a drink is banned.

Standing will soon get you the jail. First the football and all seated stadia. God forbid you stand in a pub.

48 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Standing will soon get you the jail. First the football and all seated stadia. God forbid you stand in a pub.

Things you get the jail for these days:

1 Standing up

2 Saying you're English

There is a multi-occupancy property “a few yards” from the 2Sisters factory where 30 people are sharing 6 bedrooms.  
“Several residents tested positive for Covid-19”.
It seems Perth and Kinross Council are not overly bothered though the local MP, Pete Wishart, is concerned at the “living environment”.
I’m assuming these people are employees of 2Sisters (and possibly their families).

One reason for the big outbreaks in meat processing plants in the US and Germany was given as workers living in crowded dorm-style accommodation often on site, so it’d make sense if that happened here.

My wife has had a text contact from track and trace. There is a cluster in South Ayrshire (couple of cases linked to Sainsbury's in Prestwick made it into the press) which has now got links to an organization my wife has dealings with. It's an "advisory" to be extra vigilant but it stresses she is not directly linked and doesn't at this stage need testing or isolating. The local Facebook is going Tonto with the usual naming and accusing shite. If you believe that it stems from 3 lassies who returned from Croatia without doing the quarantine which no doubt is utter horse shit !

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

My wife has had a text contact from track and trace. There is a cluster in South Ayrshire (couple of cases linked to Sainsbury's in Prestwick made it into the press) which has now got links to an organization my wife has dealings with. It's an "advisory" to be extra vigilant but it stresses she is not directly linked and doesn't at this stage need testing or isolating. The local Facebook is going Tonto with the usual naming and accusing shite. If you believe that it stems from 3 lassies who returned from Croatia without doing the quarantine which no doubt is utter horse shit !

Yeah I saw the FB meltdown. Seemingly two staff members tested positive for it. The amount of folk saying they’ll avoid going to that Sainsbury’s for a few weeks 🙄

21 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Reading that SAGE described worse case scenario of 85,000 deaths this winter from COVID-19 as acceptable.

We learned nothing from the first wave would be why the worst case scenario here.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/leaked-report-says-85000-could-22596719

iron man eye roll GIF

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

South Korea has recorded its 16th consecutive day of triple-digit rises in new coronavirus cases, exacerbating fears about a shortage of hospital beds in the capital of Seoul.

The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) recorded 308 new cases as of midnight on Friday, the majority of them in the capital and surrounding areas. Despite attempts to scale up distancing regulations, outbreaks have continued to appear in churches, offices, nursing homes and medical facilities, putting strain on hospital resources.

The Philippines recorded 3,637 new coronavirus infections and 94 more deaths on Saturday, the health ministry said in a bulletin.

This takes the country’s total number of cases to 213,131 and raises its death toll to 3,419.

The nation has the highest number of virus infections in south-east Asia, with a death toll second only to neighbouring Indonesia.

Right now comparatively here in Scotland we are not doing too badly.

South Korea is a country of over 50 million people; even Scotland's modest number of confirmed cases yesterday (51) is still 50% higher.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Reading that SAGE described worse case scenario of 85,000 deaths this winter from COVID-19 as acceptable.

We learned nothing from the first wave would be why the worst case scenario here.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/leaked-report-says-85000-could-22596719

Thankfully the majority of the public are savvy to the scaremongering now, so any ridiculous number they punt out will be taken as what it is.

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
55 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:
Doesnae look like this is going away any time soon does it?

Can you imagine the pressure currently being applied to that Oxford vaccine team, among others......

I bet the heartless c**ts are getting six hours of sleep and taking lunch / coffee breaks when people are  still dying.

40 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Football forums are the only social media I use, maybe I'm missing something, maybe not.

We will see if the demonising by certain media of the office workers who prefer to work from home and in doing so ruining the country's economy works and this deliberate ploy to class them as the new lazy along with workers still of furlough who are reluctant to return to work, confusing them both as one and the same.

Is the torpedo in the water here, time will tell?

These days nothing surprises me, the savvy public voted for the most right wing government in generations and the Daily Mail comments section is classed as public opinion.

Savvy to the overreaction of the both WM and Holyrood, not saying they are smart in other matters. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and the numbers being thrown out just don't make any sense to what we have seen thus far. Reports of infection rates dropping pre lockdown, the economy tanking, cancer screening dropping, the mental health effects on the population, job losses, all for a disease that the majority of fatalities would have succumbed to the flu, pneumonia or some other infection regardless of covid. Throw in covid being added to death certificates when not tested for and the whole thing stinks.

The numbers being thrown out and the "2nd wave" are no different to the 500,000 fatalities predicted with no lockdown. I would go as far to say there probably isn't 500,000 people in the UK that covid could kill. Absolute nonsense 

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

One reason for the big outbreaks in meat processing plants in the US and Germany was given as workers living in crowded dorm-style accommodation often on site, so it’d make sense if that happened here.

People shouldn’t be living in such conditions, virus or no virus.