Coronavirus (COVID-19)

So I have just been co-operating with the "over zealous" contract tracers 1st line management.

One of my 5 operators felt unwell on Thursday and I advised him to stay off and get tested.  He tested positive on Friday and by this morning the other 4 have been "advised" they must self isolate.   All good in theory.    However none of the team work in close proximity to each other and certainly have not met the cumulative 15 minutes within 2 metres in the previous 48-72 hours rule.

So what happened.  The poor young lad positively tested was asked for literally everyone he worked with.  Those that use potentially the same toilets. He declared everyone had their own workspaces and did not share any tools etc but they still demanded all the names.

I was involved as the manager as they needed to get the phone numbers which I proceeded to hand over. 

The 1st line tracer even asked if I ever enter the individual workspaces and would likely have added me to the isolation list if they could have.

Anyway so far this morning I have had 3 out of 3 taken of the contacts/isolation list as they should not have been on it to start with.

I think the Scotgov appear to literally be trying to isolate everyone even where it is clear they should not be.

The proof of the pudding for me is seemingly the poor lads football team who he trains with twice a week outdoors for 2 hours have all also been automatically sent the isolation text.

If they were training under the correct guidlines that is absolute bullshit.

Hopefully those guys will be able to fightback like I was able to do with my work team..

Edited by superbigal

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So I have just been co-operating with the "over zealous" contract tracers 1st line management.

One of my 5 operators felt unwell on Thursday and I advised him to stay off and get tested.  He tested positive on Friday and by this morning the other 4 have been "advised" they must self isolate.   All good in theory.    However none of the team work in close proximity to each other and certainly have not met the cumulative 15 minutes within 2 metres in the previous 48-72 hours rule.

So what happened.  The poor young lad positively tested was asked for literally everyone he worked with.  Those that use potentially the same toilets. He declared everyone had their own workspaces and did not share any tools etc but they still demanded all the names.

I was involved as the manager as they needed to get the phone numbers which I proceeded to hand over. 

The 1st line tracer even asked if I ever enter the individual workspaces and would likely have added me to the isolation list if they could have.

Anyway so far this morning I have had 3 out of 3 taken of the contacts list as they should not have been on it to start with.

I think the Scotgov appear to literally be trying to isolate everyone even where it is clear they should not be.

The proof of the pudding for me is seemingly the poor lads football team who he trains with twice a week outdoors for 2 hours have all also been automatically sent the isolation text.

If they were training under the correct guidlines that is absolute bullshit.

Hopefully those guys will be able to fightback like I was able to do with my work team..

This is different to our experienced. 

The wife's maw was exposed to covid in an indoor situation with no SD or masks - turns out the person she was speaking to tested positive. 

She and my f-in-law isolated, 13 days later she got symptomatic. The boys and the wife had been up dropping medicine off on the Friday, and although they'd stood well up the back garden speaking while her maw and da were at the door, hospital told us the wife and boys had to isolate for 14 days. PITA but pulled the boys from school, cancelled appointments etc. Then test and trace phoned to say they didn't need to isolate after all as they hadn't been in close contact for 15 mins 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by madwullie

My work tries to tell you to stay 2m apart and use hand gel and wipe down things then let people do whatever they want.
Youre supposed to knock on the toilet door then wait for an answer. Most folk just walk in. Someone knocked on Thursday then I shouted two folk in then they just walked in anyway.
Talk of a visit from HSE, no doubt we will all be told to stay glued to our seats.
Its more that if someone is self isolating then nobody else needs to because we stay 2m apart at all times.
Id rather we went to working over the weekend and taking a third of the staff out than keeping up this fake show.

34 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

My work tries to tell you to stay 2m apart and use hand gel and wipe down things then let people do whatever they want.
Youre supposed to knock on the toilet door then wait for an answer. Most folk just walk in. Someone knocked on Thursday then I shouted two folk in then they just walked in anyway.
Talk of a visit from HSE, no doubt we will all be told to stay glued to our seats.
Its more that if someone is self isolating then nobody else needs to because we stay 2m apart at all times.
Id rather we went to working over the weekend and taking a third of the staff out than keeping up this fake show.

My work you can give blow jobs and encouraged to. I'm now top 5.

Reason we can do shite like this, we stopped international travel and still have period. Anyone positive in the early times (march) were isolated (put in hospital) no way of spreading.

What we did was wham bang, not maybe aye, nae ok....shite. Everycunt facemask or stay in the house, or @virginton smake to the face...1st July went we were set free....

100,000 protesters in Bangkok in the last few weeks, which is a different thing, but no outbreak as yet....

4 guys go to Aberdeen for a drink and it mayhem.

My work you can give blow jobs and encouraged to. I'm now top 5.
Reason we can do shite like this, we stopped international travel and still have period. Anyone positive in the early times (march) were isolated (put in hospital) no way of spreading.
What we did was wham bang, not maybe aye, nae ok....shite. Everycunt facemask or stay in the house, or [mention=11540]virginton[/mention] smake to the face...1st July went we were set free....
100,000 protesters in Bangkok in the last few weeks, which is a different thing, but no outbreak as yet....
4 guys go to Aberdeen for a drink and it mayhem.
...what line of work are you in?

10 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Bet your team love you for preventing them getting 2 weeks off to self-isolate.

I cant get them 2 weeks of work at home so they are delighted not to have to suffer SSP and possible applying for £500 grant.

They can still have a social life.   Winners all around.

Edited by superbigal

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Stop moaning. 

Theres lots of people working jobs where social distancing isn’t possible and PPE isn’t practical. 

I think you will find it was actually Cheryl Cole who said that. Her stance softened in later years however.
Too much of anything can make you sick
Even the good can be a curse (curse)
Makes it hard to know which road to go down
Knowing too much can get you hurt

Any relation to Jeremiah?

ohohohohoho

Did you see the Middlesbrough mayor the other day telling the Govt to f**k off with their new rules.... Could be witnessing the start of people with significant public/responsibility standing agaisnt the govt here. It wont get fans into football but it will shift public opinion IMO. Could be the clearest evidence yet that we are reaching the end of willingness to comply. It was always going to come.