Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Tbf, that's Pfizer doing exactly what any sensible company would do in this scenario.

That's not what we tested, so on your heads be it.

On 30/12/2020 at 15:05, superbigal said:

Although I updated yesterday figures are on the move so worth coming back 24 hours on.

Overall cases per 100K  for 7 days  in period 21st Dec to  27th Dec  was 150.1

24 hours on in the period 22nd Dec to 28th Dec  we are now starting to add Xmas time. The number has jumped to 159.4  Another substantial 1 day rise of 6.20% when substituting 28th Dec for 21st Dec

Key numbers

Dundee City   217.0 to 233.1  Increase 7.42%  Dundee is out of control as it cements itself at top of Scottish infection charts.

Dumfries & Galloway  128.3 to 181.4 Increase 41.39%  Well over 100% rise in 2 days. Wow

Scottish  Borders  156.7 to 195.7 Increase 24.89%  Well over 50% rise in 2 days.

Shetland now 31 cases.

And the frightening part is that the Government now have history of being warned against changing goalposts but their pig-headedness leads to them ignoring until a point where it's probably too late.
If they don't follow up with the second doses, they may have effectively dished out half a million fucking placebos. [emoji2357]
Acht it's fine, old war monger Blair said it's the way to go !

We were told that the second dose of Pfizer only increased protection from circa 91pct to 95pct hence delay in second job so as those who haven't been done yet can get their first dose.
That's came from board to will probably be pish.

Pfizer seem to be saying it's pish today hence the BMA asking for the Govt to publish their "scientific" evidence.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
45 minutes ago, Tynierose said:
We were told that the second dose of Pfizer only increased protection from circa 91pct to 95pct hence delay in second job so as those who haven't been done yet can get their first dose.
That's came from board to will probably be pish.

Pfizer seem to be saying it's pish today hence the BMA asking for the Govt to publish their "scientific" evidence.

C81CC1B3-DE19-4C43-8B5D-90541796F8F2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Talking to a socially distanced Italian guy who says they are fined 500 euros for walking about without a mask. None of this "ah've got asthma" excuses for not wearing one.  Their view is, you shouldn't be out if you're vulnerable.

SG and Police Scotland's dictum is enforcement is a last resort. That has worked out really well for us. Perhaps if they had enforced from day 1 we would not be in such a bad state.

2 minutes ago, Elric said:

SG and Police Scotland's dictum is enforcement is a last resort. That has worked out really well for us. Perhaps if they had enforced from day 1 we would not be in such a bad state.

No, the SGs dictat to police scotland is that enforcement should be a last resort in line with their 4 e’s policy.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/dec/31/covid-gps-to-earn-10-per-care-home-resident-vaccination
I've read a bit of this thread and had to fire injections into my wife after she gave birth so I feel qualified to offer competitive jabs for the low low price of 8.99
I had to do that too which forms the basis of my free for all, jabbing c***s at the supermarket plan.

Has it made any difference? Spain and Italy got their auld facist authoritarian uniforms doon fi the loft since the start of this and ultimately made next to f**k all difference in terms of cases and deaths

If you want to beat covid with an iron fist you either need a massive fist and very deep pockets (china). Or be an island over 1000 miles from your nearest neighbour- not 20 miles with 100s of lorries in and out every day ( nee Zealand)

We got the first wave almost completely suppressed without any mandatory mask wearing, no curfews and no heavy handed enforcement of lockdown rules by the police . Since then it’s went mental and it’s got absolutely f**k all to do with folk making excuses not to wear a mask

I lost count of the amount of times I've heard this recently - "they should have banned international travel the minute it came to light about wuhan!!!111!! ". no, the cack handed handling of it all by the UK government is at fault.