Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Are folk really going to be going for a jag at 3am in the middle of February?

I think when people say 24/7 they actually mean not just 8-4 Mon-Fri. 

It will ultimately be irrelevant as we won't have enough vaccine anyway.

That’s one of my friends confirmed with it. Picked it up on Christmas Day. Whole family infected. Said he’s over the worse but still can’t smell anything.

17 minutes ago, bendan said:

I think when people say 24/7 they actually mean not just 8-4 Mon-Fri. 

It will ultimately be irrelevant as we won't have enough vaccine anyway.

Jeremy Hunt is claiming Pfizer's stock will run out this month and we won't get any more delivered till March. Don't know how many AZ can deliver but I doubt there will be any point in going 24/7 or even 12/7 until there have been more vaccines approved. I hope the MHRA haven't been told not to look at the Russian and Chinese versions for political reasons if they have stock available.

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

Just on the immunity amongst those that have had it. Me and 4 other's from work were struck down with this in March, utterly fucked us and I was off for weeks.

Currently this thing is ripping through my team. Of 35 people 20 are now off, 16 went in one go and are suffering the typical no taste, no energy just laid up with it. Meanwhile the 5 of us fine, it's hardly scientific but personal experience.   

I know my work is riddled but I know we are in contact with the general public. However was really the last 2-3 weeks its went to many people being off. 

16 going off in one go we havnt had happen. 

Wherever you are that is pretty fucked up. Presume its been in the paper? 

English teaching union on the brink of advising members not to return to work on Monday.

Their claim is that the workplace is unsafe and under the employments rights act 1996 they are not required to work in an unsafe environment.  They are using the government’s own SAGE pronouncements to support this claim.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Certainly not within the existing infrastructure.

A 24/7 programme would be needed

I'm not so sure, we are cracking through more than 400k COVID tests every day.  Does a vaccination take longer than a COVID test to administer?

What qualifications do you need in the UK to administer a jab?

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Are folk really going to be going for a jag at 3am in the middle of February?

Nightshift workers would, absolutely. Or we can just continue with the 1950s attitude to the working day and drum our hands endlessly until all *25 million* in the UK who fall under one of the Government's priority groups get round to being vaccinated.

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nightshift workers would, absolutely. Or we can just continue with the 1950s attitude to the working day and drum our hands endlessly until all *25 million* in the UK who fall under one of the Government's priority groups get round to being vaccinated.

Its not like its the biggest threat to public health and economy in modern history, cant have the vaccine centres open past 6.

28 minutes ago, virginton said:

So much in European society is organised on our Mon-Fri 9-5 schedule. We have incredibly expensive medical equipment like scanners that sit idle most of the time.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its not like its the biggest threat to public health and economy in modern history, cant have the vaccine centres open past 6.

Early finish on a Friday too.

On 01/01/2021 at 11:50, Sergeant Wilson said:

We could deck your wee motorbike out with Christmas lights and fire you off Edinburgh Castle for Independence Day.

Cheap and effective.

It's a mobility scooter but apart from that I like it!

Roll on Independence Day  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

A single shot to each head would be more appropriate.

imageproxy.jpg

416856589_dohjpeg.jpg.5da0332351b18b419720e7490e3cce1c.jpg But I like it!

Pfizer now claim there is no problem at their side delivering as per their agreement with the UKG which suggests now the UKG have been bullshitting about their volumes ordered. One side is talking shite clearly given only this morning a govt minister was saying publicly Pfizer couldn't deliver to our promised schedule.