Coronavirus (COVID-19)

38 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I'm sure there have been some inappropriate DNACPR decisions, but I don't think this is as widespread as the article suggests. Such an emotive and frequently misunderstood topic as resuscitation does not make for nuanced newspaper articles. I am please that this is being reviewed by the regulators.

Necessary medical care (as in life and limb threatening) has never been denied. We saw a massive decrease in people attending GPs and given their gatekeeper role, a decrease in secondary care referrals. This is not the same as denying appropriate care.

Edited by Cyclizine

2 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I'm sure there have been some inappropriate DNACPR decisions, but I don't think this is as widespread as the article suggests. Such an emotive and frequently misunderstood topic as resuscitation does not make for nuanced newspaper articles. I am please that this is being reviewed by the regulators.

Necessary medical care (as in life and limb threatening) has never been denied. We saw a massive decrease in people attending GPs and given their gatekeeper role, a decrease in secondary care referrals. This is not the same as denying appropriate care.

Since you're online I've a medical question.   

Is it true that cycling more that 15 miles a day increases the risk of type 2 diabetes?    

28 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Why don’t you go all the way and outlaw religion along with anything else that doesn’t fit what you believe?  You could ban facebook at the same time seeing as that’s a potentially an issue for your batshit mental crusade.

My only crusade is to get out of this shit.  We are nearly a year into this(and are going to comfortably meet the year mark and then some) and yet you are trying to justify delaying that cos you want to let a minority of our population do whatever the f**k they want?   That’s  madness.

Yea I have a disagreement generally with religion,  but normally it’s a case of live and let live,  if they are choosing to sing hymns and I choose to go to the pub then what the hell, let’s be civil.  If you go beyond that and are being a c**t to the detriment of society then expect to be called out on that.

Edited by parsforlife

12 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Has he deleted it yet?

Someone should remind this shitehawk that it’s minorities that are most likely to not get the vaccine.

This is just the beginning. Blair has his article in the Mail on Sunday, Raab states it's possible and Morgan whips up some hatred. All on the same day. 

Manufacturing consent. 

Edited by Detournement

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

My only crusade is to get out of this shit.  We are nearly a year into this(and are going to comfortably meet the year mark and then some) and yet your wanting to justify delaying that cos you want to let a minority of our population do whatever the f**k they want?   That’s madness.

Yea I have a disagreement generally with religion,  but normally it’s a case of live and let live,  if they are choosing to sing hymns and I choose to go to the pub then what the hell, let’s be civil.  If you go beyond that and are being a c**t to the detriment of society then expect to be called out on that.

I want to be a tolerant human being that respects peoples rights to freedom of thought and action within the law.

you think having a religious belief makes you a c**t.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

you think having a religious belief makes you a c**t.

No.  I believe if you are acting like a c**t(let’s say by refusing to be vaccinated). But to then claim that’s is ok cos religion. Then that doesn’t make you not a c**t.

Edited by parsforlife

25 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

This is not the same as denying appropriate care.

I'd argue that since  the reduction in contact is entirely down to decisions made by the UK government it's essentially the same as denying care.

Current government policy guarantees these outcomes. 

Edited by Detournement

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

No.  I believe if you are acting like a c**t(let’s say by refusing to be vaccinated). But to then claim that’s is ok cos religion. Then that doesn’t make you not a c**t.

OK.  Lets lock up anyone that isn’t vaccinated, just to be on the safe side so you can go to the pub and not have to come into contact with these c***s, even when you pass them in the street.  Fire them all into camps seeing as they don’t fit into your view of how a society should function.  It’s been done before on religious grounds.  They were called concentration camps.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

OK.  Lets lock up anyone that isn’t vaccinated, just to be on the safe side so you can go to the pub and not have to come into contact with these c***s, even when you pass them in the street.  Fire them all into camps seeing as they don’t fit into your view of how a society should function.  It’s been done before on religious grounds.  They were called concentration camps.

We could think of another name.