Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Scotgov will kick the can down the road on Tuesday  for at least one week, because the bold Boris is next Monday for his roadmap. 

She does not have the balls in more than one way to take a leap of faith.

This still allows a plan for kids going back to school to at least match England's 8th March.

I suspect if Aberdeen had Zero cases it would make no difference nationally.

Heard from an informed source last week that the SG are kicking the can down the road until the end of March although there will be a review in early March.

Miserable really.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

It won’t become illegal because there are things like religious beliefs that would then discriminate against you.  You really are struggling to grasp this point so let me put it simply for you.  It would be the equivalent of banning a protestant or catholic from doing something because they are protestant or catholic.  It could not possibly get passed into law.  If it was forced through it would be challenged in court and the challenge would win.

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This is cart before the horse, though- there is almost zero chance of this happening on account of it discriminating against a protected characteristic. It's almost certain to fall foul of the Equality Act 

On the off-chance it was brought in you can almost bet there would be an exception like the various mask exemptions currently on offer, precisely so the government didn't get sued.

Well no.  Given religious nut jobs were unfortunately allowed to lawfully be outright homophobic bigots,  they were told they couldn’t be and their court challenges were binned. (Outside of N.I, the  safe place for bigots) 

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

This is cart before the horse, though- there is almost zero chance of this happening on account of it discriminating against a protected characteristic. It's almost certain to fall foul of the Equality Act 

On the off-chance it was brought in you can almost bet there would be an exception like the various mask exemptions currently on offer, precisely so the government didn't get sued.

That's a very 2019 attitude. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/13/new-do-not-resuscitate-orders-imposed-on-covid-19-patients-with-learning-difficulties

This is the new reality. 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Heard from an informed source last week that the SG are kicking the can down the road until the end of March although there will be a review in early March.

Miserable really.

As I said earlier, that would tell me the end date of March 31st was decided prior to January 4th, and that the numbers are completely irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Well no.  Given religious nut jobs were unfortunately allowed to lawfully be outright homophobic bigots,  they were told they couldn’t be and their court challenges were binned. (Outside of N.I, the  safe place for bigots) 

Yeah, there's a rather large world of difference between that and banning people from entering public areas...

95% symptomatic reduction among the vaccinated population. 
Last I'd seen (at some point last week) , something like 60% of the population had been vaccinated with at least 1 dose and the vast majority of new positive cases were amongst the under 25s.

Yes but that new infection figure just seems mental if 95% of the vaccinated population are unlikely to show symptomatic infection given their large % of population vaccinated and their small overall population.

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Yeah, there's a rather large world of difference between that and banning people from entering public areas...

Homophobic c***s are banned from being homophobic c***s in public spaces,  and can’t be homophobic c***s in their behaviour as a business.  Anti-vax c***s should be banned from being anti-vax c***s in public spaces and in their private business.   I don’t see much of a difference.

Edited by parsforlife

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

As I said earlier, that would tell me the end date of March 31st was decided prior to January 4th, and that the numbers are completely irrelevant.

Partners birthday at the end April and a few weeks ago I didn’t see how there would be any way restaurants etc would still not be open by then in some capacity. Can’t really see it now! At best, possible outside opening. 
Four months after lockdown beginning, plus a vaccine and things potentially being shut for longer than last time. 

Scotgov will kick the can down the road on Tuesday  for at least one week, because the bold Boris is next Monday for his roadmap. 
She does not have the balls in more than one way to take a leap of faith.

Do you think we need a man in charge, aye? Women too soft to be in positions of power, is it?

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
19 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
Last I'd seen (at some point last week) , something like 60% of the population had been vaccinated with at least 1 dose and the vast majority of new positive cases were amongst the under 25s.

Yes but that new infection figure just seems mental if 95% of the vaccinated population are unlikely to show symptomatic infection given their large % of population vaccinated and their small overall population.

I haven't read it, but PCR tests would still pick up viral fragments in a person who had encountered the virus, but their immune response had stopped it.

As we look to move out of this later in the vaccine roll out, mass PCR testing really needs to go away, otherwise we really will be detecting 'cases' 

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It doesn't say anything about transmission or asymptomatic cases though. 

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I haven't read it, but PCR tests would still pick up viral fragments in a person who had encountered the virus, but their immune response had stopped it.

As we look to move out of this later in the vaccine roll out, mass PCR testing really needs to go away, otherwise we really will be detecting 'cases' 

Are we doing mass PCR testing?   Very little asymptotic PCR testing is taking place.

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Are we doing mass PCR testing?   Very little asymptotic PCR testing is taking place.

Maybe mass PCR testing was a poor choice of words. But we are still testing thousands of people each day who turn out not to have the virus.

Once the vaccine roll out is complete, if we are wanting to learn to live with it like flu, then we should apply the same criteria for testing. There should be no place / need for testing centres.

Edited by Todd_is_God

59 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Right so, if it becomes illegal to enter certain/all public places because you refuse to be vaccinated then you agree that religious beliefs doesn’t entitle you to not follow the law

25 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Homophobic c***s are banned from being homophobic c***s in public spaces,  and can’t be homophobic c***s in their behaviour as a business.  Anti-vax c***s should be banned from being anti-vax c***s in public spaces and in their private business.   I don’t see much of a difference.

Whipping up hatred against people who don't want to take the vaccine is going to be the sound of the summer. Things are going to get ugly.

20210214_203943.jpg