Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I don't get how now countries have suspended it surely there is more stock floating about even if production is slowing?

Stock is getting unused, but these countries are just stockpiling them. The countries that have suspended AZ aren't going to give vaccines away. 

As someone at the upper end of the 40-49 range I had it in my head I would get the letter in around 4 weeks and have the first jag in late April or early May but I guess I may need to wait another month. 

The younger generation who were being promised May by some twitter accounts last week are going to have to wait a lot longer and if these supply issues crop up again possibly right up to August.

It shouldn't however make little difference to the lifting of restrictions as I'm sure most of us in the under 50 group are 99.9% not going to die of this and happy to live a normal life.

A little disappointed but whats another 2 to 4 weeks as against where we were last year.

St Andrews Uni have got a little defensive about their Coronavirus outbreak here is the official statement (which I have then finished).

At this stage, we cannot say exactly how Covid managed to take root in St Andrews after many weeks of very low levels of infection, but there is anecdotal evidence that it was introduced by someone who is not a student at St Andrews.

We have since confirmed he was the DJ at the party 

The Tanzanian President has died, apparently from Covid. My PhD student is from Tanzania, and he went home for a break in August. When he got back i asked him what the restrictions were like in Tanzania. Simple answer: none. According to my student, they are more concerned about Malaria. He spent 2 weeks going to theme parks, clubs, parties etc. He self-isolated upon his return - but read up on the Tanzanian president's remedies for Covid. Steam inhilation and prayer. 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

The Tanzanian President has died, apparently from Covid. My PhD student is from Tanzania, and he went home for a break in August. When he got back i asked him what the restrictions were like in Tanzania. Simple answer: none. According to my student, they are more concerned about Malaria. He spent 2 weeks going to theme parks, clubs, parties etc. He self-isolated upon his return - but read up on the Tanzanian president's remedies for Covid. Steam inhilation and prayer. 

Surprised he didn't make it, inhaling fluids into damaged lungs what could go wrong?

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

God bless x

Jason Leitch would agree with at least one of those remedies.

The ease with which a number of posters throw around words like that about their neighbours is pretty shocking to me. If everyone around them is "scum", what does that make them?

Fallin is the only place I’ve seen parents bringing a cargo to an under 12s match. Have i just led a sheltered life?

25 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

His death notice was in The Guardian over a month ago. 

Screenshot_2021-03-18-10-38-52-949_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Detournement

11 hours ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

Just waiting for the tellytubbies to feckin appear !!!

Well unfortunately Tinky-Winky got a taste for the needle some of the locals in  Greenock enjoy, so the rest of the teletubbies  are supporting him through rehab at the moment. 

38 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Tanzania sounds great.