Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I worked with Jason Leitch for about 5 years between 2013-18. 

This is him. Condescending and patronising IMO but to some he is a clear communicator and someone who inspires a bit of confidence and bring people along on the journey.

The project was only loosely related to public health but he must have a reputation in the civil service as being a good communicator.

The project was an expensive disaster BTW 

Good pal of mine who was involved in the roll out of both Louisa Jordan and the vaccination programme. She speaks very highly of him.

Incidentdly, this is also the person who said the military involvement was LJ was purely cosmetic and caused a lot of resentment among NHS staff and contractors who worked round the clock to get it done. 

55 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye likewise man (apart from not having covid before). Was just uncomfortable yesterday but last night and this morning I'm humped. Sweaty as f**k then shivering with cold in bed.

Got an exam for work Monday that I already rescheduled as there was a death in the family the first day of the course, bit it's getting rescheduled again coz am I f**k getting the textbooks out like this. 

I felt a wee bit ropey last night with the sweats, woke up fine today though. And didn't have the runs!

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The notions that Jason Leitch is qualified for the job he's doing and yet has made significant mistakes aren't mutually exclusive  positions.

He's not alone in that  in this pandemic. 

Leitch is alone in being wrong every single time, to the point that his 'contribution' has been completely useless from start to finish. 

57 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I do find it highly amusing that all through this the UK Gov has continued to "promise" the earth to people while the SG are criticised for being "over the top", "destroying the economy", "too safe", "pursuing unachievable goals" etc, yet ultimately the UK Gov have ALWAYS had to backtrack to the original SG position.

Of course what's really shocking is how they're never brought to account on this by the mainstream media.

Make of that what you will......

An interesting* hot take in the same week that the SG's previous data not dates!!!!1111!!!! mantra for lifting restrictions was launched in the bin and they backtracked to, erm... the same date-based roadmap as the UK Government produced three weeks earlier!

Spoiler

moronic

I worked with Jason Leitch for about 5 years between 2013-18. 
This is him. Condescending and patronising IMO but to some he is a clear communicator and someone who inspires a bit of confidence and bring people along on the journey.
The project was only loosely related to public health but he must have a reputation in the civil service as being a good communicator.
The project was an expensive disaster BTW 
He seems typical of the type that reach these lofty positions in the public sector because they can talk the talk - only to be exposed when they can't walk the walk.

3 hours ago, madwullie said:

I dunno, I think it's a pretty fair summation. 

TBF I did think for a while the the stidhar stuff was mainly misogyny due to the extreme nature of the reaction against her. But then Leitch is (now) held equally in contempt so I'm not so sure. 

Edit: a poster literally gave the zero covid stuff as the reason a few pages back and wished we had whitty because he doesn't think it's a achievable. 

Folk calling out Devi for being an utter rocket with some abhorrent views, being branded “misogynists” , is certainly one of the wildest takes I've read on here. As for Leitch, he’s a sanctimonious condescending arsehole who is a mark for himself. We don’t hear or see Whitty on Talksport or Football Focus every week. 

Leitch appeals to that mid 40s to mid 60s Scottish middle class male bracket who think simultaneously 
- They are worldly wise due to their "life experience"
- They could handle themselves in a fight for some reason
- They are "straight talkers"
- Everyone under the age of 35 with an opinion has ideas above their station
- Think they're some sort of working class hero done good despite having very comfortable upbringings
Leitch is the embodiment of that lot.
.20210303_144828.jpeg

Folk calling out Devi for being an utter rocket with some abhorrent views, being branded “misogynists” , is certainly one of the wildest takes I've read on here. As for Leitch, he’s a sanctimonious condescending arsehole who is a mark for himself. We don’t hear or see Whitty on Talksport or Football Focus every week. 
Nor have they somehow managed to shoe horn themselves into an advert to be played at every break on the tv..... Wonder whose idea that was....

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Nor have they somehow managed to shoe horn themselves into an advert to be played at every break on the tv..... Wonder whose idea that was....

I as actually going to mention that and then thought it would be be too harsh on him, but yeah every half hour or so I hear his voice on the radio adverts, then the cringe TV ones. Brooding from one seat to another 😑

6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Any 'take' would be wild if you didn't actually read what I posted. 

If we lived in England, we would get the same kind of insufferable adverts that Leitch is in, but with whitty btw. Plenty on YouTube 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

He is in England. Its one of the reasons he is hated down there - never off the telly.

Edited by madwullie

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Any 'take' would be wild if you didn't actually read what I posted. 

If we lived in England, we would get the same kind of insufferable adverts that Leitch is in, but with whitty btw. Plenty on YouTube 

I live down here, we don't. There is an advert but I rarely see it & it is dry and factual, something that he is clearly doing under sufferance as he has to as the CMO. 

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I live down here, we don't. There is an advert but I rarely see it & it is dry and factual, something that he is clearly doing under sufferance as he has to as the CMO. 

Fair fucks. I was just going by what I've read people down south say on twitter