Coronavirus (COVID-19)

40 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There is no justification for it. If theres not at least 500 fans at stadiums come July for the cup games then the SFA/SPFL are an even bigger joke than I thought 

Sadly the last part I agree with. We're a nation of absolute wet wipes 

Bin this 500 nonsense, unrestricted should be the absolute minimum accepted.

45 minutes ago, Left Back said:

How will they handle the party when we win the euros?

They won't. They'll have a wee moan about it after, reveal there's a new variant, talk about how much progress we've made in the past year so they can't take any risks, and lock everything down over the winter.

The majority of the country will clap like seals about how great it is they're "keeping everyone safe", while a swathe of the population with other serious illnesses are left to die. By most accounts the PRI is now years behind in terms of treating patients outwith Covid, so I imagine that'll be repeated across the country.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Am I missing something here?

Why are employees logging into their work email at night or giving their boss their personal phone numbers or their personal MSN details or whatever else is being used? :blink:

100% this. I'm currently working from my bedroom. I work 4 days a week, 8-5:45. By 5:50 on those nights my laptop is off, and it gets switched back on just before I jump in the shower at about half 7 on the days I'm working so that I'm good to go at 8.

People need to take the personal responsibility to set boundaries with their employers. Unless you are in a job where you are required to be on call, then switch off your work devices when you aren't working.

100% this. I'm currently working from my bedroom. I work 4 days a week, 8-5:45. By 5:50 on those nights my laptop is off, and it gets switched back on just before I jump in the shower at about half 7 on the days I'm working so that I'm good to go at 8.
People need to take the personal responsibility to set boundaries with their employers. Unless you are in a job where you are required to be on call, then switch off your work devices when you aren't working.

The latest I’ve logged onto my laptop was at 10:30pm at night after we beat Serbia to book the euro games off.

I realised another person in my team had the same idea.

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I see it constantly. People in my work are going off for their dinner and logging back on for a couple of hours to keep on top of things.

I actively had to lobby to other folk in my own team not to do it last year. My argument being if they need to do that, then we need to argue for another body in the team and that wont be done as long as they are covering up with free labour. Lo and behold, after 2 months of struggling, they asked why we were suddenly falling behind and within 4 weeks another person was started.

I steadfastly refuse to work extra if I'm not being compensated for my time. If I need to catch up, I ask for paid overtime. If that is refused then I let myself fall behind. I'm not a fucking charity. My manager does have my mobile number but they've never phoned it in general, much less to ask me to do extra out of hours as they know exactly what the answer would be.

Edited by djchapsticks

A bit tin foil hat for me.  But with emphasis on the importance of getting the second jab for adequate protection against the Indian variant.  Might it be a ploy to ensure people receive their second jab?  

1 minute ago, Lofarl said:

A bit tin foil hat for me.  But with emphasis on the importance of getting the second jab for adequate protection against the Indian variant.  Might it be a ploy to ensure people receive their second jab?  

I don't think it's tinfoil hat at all.

They've been fighting to keep compliance high and uptake high throughout this, it's a definite strategy to keep people on their toes whilst the vaccine is rolled out.

I noticed some tourists in the Royal Mile yesterday. I don't think they were Faroese or Icelandic and are therefore likely to have come from a country I couldn't visit without having to quarantine on my return... Joined up thinking anyone?

I also noticed the Government moved Afghanistan from amber to red today. And I was looking forward to a quiet two weeks holiday in Kandahar too..

53 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

For years I had work email on my phone an ipad.  I’d be sending emails all evening in response to the people working on call (I wasn’t on call ever although I did spend an entire Saturday once dialled into some work nonsense from pre-match in the pub and it was still going on when I got home).  I deleted the work email account 4 years or so ago.  Not sure my boss even noticed.  If he did he certainly never commented on it.

i had the daft notion it’s a work supplied phone (I’ve never personally owned a mobile phone) so they’re entitled to me having my email on it.  As I got older I realised I was the one tying myself to this so took action.

Wales have moved to alert level one which will allow up to 10,000 people to attend outdoor events. Meanwhile in Scotland at Level 0 we can only allow up to 2000 people to attend outdoor events. :lol:  

Edited by Lyle Lanley

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't think it's tinfoil hat at all.

They've been fighting to keep compliance high and uptake high throughout this, it's a definite strategy to keep people on their toes whilst the vaccine is rolled out.

It's part of why we have the will we won't we stuff on vaccine passports.  I don't believe it will occur long term,  but the flip-flopping of politicians IMO is contributed too by a desire to encourage vaccine uptake.

I don't particularly agree with these type of tactics,  but there is obviously a problem with anti-vax c***s that they are dancing around instead of just calling them out as the utter lowlifes they are.

28 minutes ago, Left Back said:

For years I had work email on my phone an ipad.  I’d be sending emails all evening in response to the people working on call (I wasn’t on call ever although I did spend an entire Saturday once dialled into some work nonsense from pre-match in the pub and it was still going on when I got home).  I deleted the work email account 4 years or so ago.  Not sure my boss even noticed.  If he did he certainly never commented on it.

i had the daft notion it’s a work supplied phone (I’ve never personally owned a mobile phone) so they’re entitled to me having my email on it.  As I got older I realised I was the one tying myself to this so took action.

I have a work phone and a personal mobile.  It would take little effort to give out my personal number and set my personal phone up to receive work emails, which some at my work have done,  others like you have used their work mobile as their only one and just limit their personal use to low enough levels to be 'acceptable'.

I refuse to do either.  It might cost me a little extra each month and it means I have 2 phones on me when I'm on call.  But the ability to just ditch my work one and ignore it completely isn't something I'll give up. I love the ability to physically compartmentalize work and personal. 

4 hours ago, Left Back said:

Surely if the work supply your phone then it would be used for work purposes?  Do you mean your personal email?  If so, then I'd not be having that on my work phone personally, but others may be happy to have everything in one place and fair do's to them.

End of the day, it's up to each of us to decide where the boundaries are and stick to them - if you want to work unpaid at 8pm then fill your boots.

Roll up roll up. Who wants a holiday in Thailand.  Before you all start booking just a few things to go over.  As from 1st July 2021

1. You have to be fully vaccinated (double dose)
  2. You have to stay in Phuket
  3. You have to quarantine in a hotel room for 14day (but we may change that as we have done in the last few days from 0 days, to 7 days now 14)
  4. You will be tested during your quarantine period, if you test positive, you will have to go to hospital for 'treatment' even if you are experience zero symptoms 
  5. What we mean by 'treatment' is that you will be asked to leave you cash and bank cards with the local private hospital reception.
  6. Once your 14 days are over, you are free to travel anywhere
  7. Download our app and keep your telephone on 24 hrs per day, so we can track all your movements

Disclaimer - Any or all can and will change at any ungiven notice at least 3 times per day.

See you all soon!!  

Edited by SlipperyP

53 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Roll up roll up. Who wants a holiday in Thailand.  Before you all start booking just a few things to go over.  As from 1st July 2021

3. You have to quarantine in a hotel room for 14day (but we may change that as we have done in the last few days from 0 days, to 7 days now 14)
  4. You will be tested during your quarantine period, if you test positive, you will have to go to hospital for 'treatment' even if you are experience zero symptoms 
  5. What we mean by 'treatment' is that you will be asked to leave you cash and bank cards with the local private hospital reception.
  7. Download our app and keep your telephone on 24 hrs per day, so we can track all your movements

Disclaimer - Any or all can and will change at any ungiven notice at least 3 times per day.

See you all soon!!  

They dropped that you have to have insurance bought through the Thai govt. approved supplier $$ even if you have your own covid insurance? Can't see many folk rushing to go and sit in a hotel for a fortnight then get released to wander about the empty bars  and restaurants on Patong Beach. 

If the numbers keep going up, holiday makers will just be landing in time for another full on lock down.

Think  I'll be binning Asia this year as the vaccine roll out doesn't seem to be going well and can't see the rules of entry being eased till next year.

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

They dropped that you have to have insurance bought through the Thai govt. approved supplier $$ even if you have your own covid insurance? Can't see many folk rushing to go and sit in a hotel for a fortnight then get released to wander about the empty bars  and restaurants on Patong Beach. 

If the numbers keep going up, holiday makers will just be landing in time for another full on lock down.

Think  I'll be binning Asia this year as the vaccine roll out doesn't seem to be going well and can't see the rules of entry being eased till next year.

They are saying that the people of Phuket will be 70% vaccinated by 1st July, reason they open up then.  In fact they have named 10 provinces that will be vaccinated first for tourism, they are Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Chon Buri, Phuket, Surat Thani, Krabi, Phangnga and Buri Ram.

A right big f**k you to the other 63 provinces.  This may change as the day goes on.  PM is doing a grand job at the moment, heads every meeting on every subject and calls the shots, reason it's changing by the hour.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

See you all soon!!  

Phukthat