Coronavirus (COVID-19)

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its all coming from certain people assuming and therefore peddling, a right to not catch this one particular respiratory virus.

Its not about deaths which are at this moment in time, by any sensible measure, within an acceptable range (no, that doesnt mean I am somehow dismissive of the loss suffered) Its about the obsession with protection.

As you say, the inability of these people to distinguish the difference between their own right to assess and mitigate risk, and the government passing laws to force everyone to do it show up a lack of intelligence or a lack of honesty. Im not sure which. Quite cynical about some of them whilst aslo being quite sympathetic to what some of them have been turned into.

Post "freedom day" a lot of these folk will take some amount of scud when they try to lecture others about masks or grill them about their medical status etc.

The medical staus one really grinds my gears. Seems there is always someone at work who wants to know who's been vaccinated and when. Feel like asking them when they last had a shit or a shag seeing as it seems ok to ask personal questions now. I'll be glad when covid isnt the main topic of conversation amongst people

14 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57713127

The Scottish government has said there will be "ongoing need" for face coverings when all other restrictions are lifted on 9 August.

f**k off. 

The SG seem to forget most of the face coverings used are absolutely fcking pointless. 

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

That rule will rightly be ignored in stadiums across the country when full crowds are back. 

It was being ignored at Hampden and Murrayfield recently. Good luck to stewards trying to enforce it when crowds are back. Feel kind of sorry for them as they have to wear them whilst no other fcker is giving a shit (and rightly so as it's an outside environment) 

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

ToryCovidCatastrophe trending on twitter.

Surprisingly it's about the potential lifting of restrictions on the 19th rather than pretty much everything up to this point.

Sadly it took a global pandemic to see the amount of utter creepy weirdos who live amongst us. 16 months or so of these restrictions and vaccines preventing deaths and they still want us locked up as "we just dont know!!!". Clearly they dont have jobs that have been at risk due to all this or mental health issues than have rendered these 16 months a struggle.

Might just be in pox-ridden South Ayrshire but I've noticed more people going about maskless in shops during the last week, I reckon the SG will have a hard time holding the line past Aug 7th if (as expected) it becomes non-mandatory in England.

24 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The Scottish government has said there will be "ongoing need" for face coverings when all other restrictions are lifted on 9 August.

f**k off. 

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
f**k off. 

For f**k sake man. Just get the f**k out of our lives

"People could be expected".

So will likely just be encouraged. I can't see there being this much of a split between us and down south - not least because this will be three fucking weeks after they lift measures. Either way, I won't be wearing one.

Restrictions versus cases currently suggest that we have reached "what will be will be". Removing even more restrictions, which can only result in somewhere between no impact to increased transmission pushes us further down that road. Why then would you retain one in particular? Facemasks in conjunction eith the remaining restrictions are currently resulting in.....

Let me see the numbers... Oh aye... The highest levels of transmission we have seen. What the f**k are they going to do on their own.

Laughable, pantomime nonsense.

I'll be very surprised if we stop wearing masks at work any time soon. Interestingly, the guidance has always been to wear FFP3 for AGPs in patients with respiratory illness, just we've generally ignored it. I'd be interested to see what are surgical wound infection rates are like now, compared to when only those who were scrubbed wore them.

I am a porter and completely agree with you. I can’t see infection control rushing to stop the wearing of masks. Might happen eventually, but i imagine they will push to keep them mandatory.

"We will take account of social and economic factors as well as the epidemiological impact on transmission and will keep measures under review."

1) The SG have never taken social or economic factors into account, in their litany of clowncar restrictions because public health!!!!1111!!!

2) The exact same SG spokesperson then states that face coverings will be needed on public transport and in retail settings, thereby prejudging the scrupulous review of all the factors that the SG claims it will do.

1517853222_RpaYRMeapf0X(2).gif.37083e05fe45b65b53d44333b76328c4.gif

Edited by vikingTON

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
40 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
That rule will rightly be ignored in stadiums across the country when full crowds are back. 

It never mentioned sports stadiums just retail and public transport so I doubt it will apply in those circumstances

People don't give two fucks when it comes to retail. They never have. That's why it's ripe as f**k the now ( me included the now another 7 days left to go ) 

It's class the now as we are getting a shortage of drivers and deliveries are all the place. Depot is fucked also.  Happy days 

Edited by Robin.Hood

People don't give two fucks when it comes to retail. They never have. That's why it's ripe as f**k the now ( me included the now another 7 days left to go ) 
It's class the now as we are getting a shortage of drivers and deliveries are all the place. Depot is fucked also.  Happy days 
Not sure its people who are directly to blame. Maybe if supermarkets themselves hadnt seized the opportunity to expand their sales to cover literally everything that was closed down at the height of it, and literally try to attract folk in for a day out it wouldnt have gone that way.