Coronavirus (COVID-19)

29 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Vaccinated people can still carry the virus (though at a lower level it seems) so could pass it to the unvaxed dudes.  However, the unvaxed dudes have a lesser chance of passing the virus to the double jabbed.

22 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

That's been my understanding anyway - being double jabbed lessens the chance of the person suffering seriously from covid,  but only lessens (rather than remove) their ability to pass it on to contacts while infected.

Surely if the vaccinated carry Covid at a lower level, and the vaccine lessens ability to pass it on, they are less likely to pass it to the unvaxxed than the other way round?

This would also mean that the more unvaxxed we have, the more transmission we have, and so a greater risk of those who cannot be vaxxed, or the 10% for whom the vax doesn't work fully, catching it.

10 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Surely if the vaccinated carry Covid at a lower level, and the vaccine lessens ability to pass it on, they are less likely to pass it to the unvaxxed than the other way round?

This would also mean that the more unvaxxed we have, the more transmission we have, and so a greater risk of those who cannot be vaxxed, or the 10% for whom the vax doesn't work fully, catching it.

It kinda hurts my brain to think it out, but when I originally said that the Lovejoys were a bigger danger to the unvaxxed than vice versa, it was from the point of view of how serious the effects could be if the virus was caught.  Unvaxxed more likely to get serious outcome compared to double jabbed.

I think.

Edited by Boghead ranter

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

It kinda hurts my brain to think it out, but when I originally said that the Lovejoys were a bigger danger to the unvaxxed than vice versa, it was from the point of view of how serious the effects could be if the virus was caught.  Unvaxxed more likely to get serious outcome compared to double jabbed.

Sorry, thought you were talking just transmission risk. Agree with what you're saying here. Wonder if the young ones who are not bothering have considered that they may have underlying conditions that they are not aware of? Other than the very small risk of blood clots in younger people from AZ, which I believe is not being given to under 30s, the risk of not being vaccinated seems much greater.

I wish Sturgeon would just bring us fully into line with England now - carrying on these theatre measures for the three weeks after 19 July until 9 August is a minter and we should be showing that we are also one of the first countries in Europe to be ~99% back to normality.

Presumably these people will have to be isolated from everyone anyway because they are vulnerable to any infection from bacterial or viral sources.
These people, as I understand it (and believe me I have come to in the last 6 months), are at risk from other infections much more than they ever will be from Covid.

I paraphrase slightly as I cannot recall verbatim what a consultant said regarding catching Covid, but it was along the lines of there's bigger fish to fry. In other words, the least of a neutropenic person's worries.

The bigger issues with people with low or no neutrophils is things like having to avoid certain food types and food cooked/produced in certain ways.

So very much mainly bacterial, to answer your question.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Aye in hospitals by the medical staff.  Anything in addition to this can gtf.

I think in hospitals by anyone it’ll be as close to mandatory at it can be. Same likely with care homes, dentists, anywhere high risk really. 

Not in shops, pubs etc though.

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Nationally yes.   We eventually end up where there enough vaccinated people to stop significant spread .  The problem (which largely but doesn’t exclusively affect anti vax c***s) Is that we experience refusals in local spikes.    Places where the local rumour mill has bought into the anti vax bullshit.   These areas drop below herd immunity levels. and become vulnerable when the virus enters their community

I don't think that will happen TBH but go off king

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/66fd274c-db78-11eb-8f14-0bb645f59db0?shareToken=870ad3a1d5e862141480a6de59c48783

This is the first time I can remember any of the opinion polls having a majority in favour of removing restrictions.

ETA: Didn't realise the article was from yesterday so may already have been discussed

Polling for The Times finds that a majority of voters back this position, with 58 per cent supporting removing remaining measures on July 19, against 28 per cent opposing. A majority in all ages, regions and social classes agree that restrictions should be brought to an end on what Johnson has called a “terminus date”.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

10 hours ago, SoapMactavish said:

I think in hospitals by anyone it’ll be as close to mandatory at it can be. Same likely with care homes, dentists, anywhere high risk really. 

Not in shops, pubs etc though.

I'll be very surprised if we stop wearing masks at work any time soon. Interestingly, the guidance has always been to wear FFP3 for AGPs in patients with respiratory illness, just we've generally ignored it. I'd be interested to see what are surgical wound infection rates are like now, compared to when only those who were scrubbed wore them.

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Seemingly that Carole Cadwalladr is the media advisor to the independent sage weirdos 

Carole Cadwalladr is a left wing fanatic who writes for the Guardian.

She has started numerous conspiracy theories and constantly loses legal cases and I think stands to lose lots of money.