Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What if the small risk of getting the vaccine outweighs the risk to that person of covid?

The JVCI are talking in those terms for kids. I seen someone on tv the other day saying it would wrong to vaccinate children purely for the benefit of others. Why cant young adults make that call for themselves too?

Its a bit selfish IMO, but its certianly not "freeze them out of society" selfish, and certainly shouldnt be used as a reason to set a precedent for mandatory vaccination and health monitoring.

I didn't say freeze them out of society I said boot them in the balls.

FWIW I'm against govt vaccine passports and mandatory vaccination but I would be happy to tell any pal of mine what a p***k they were being if they didn't get one.

55 minutes ago, GordonS said:

In what way am I dressing it up? I absolutely do want a segregated society as long as the pandemic continues and so do most people that don't inhabit this thread.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

If we don't have vaccine passports then we'll have an equally segregated society, only it's the diseased people who'll have all the freedoms while the rest of us are forced out. That's the wrong way round.

This is segregation by self-selection and for very good reasons.

Anyway, I made a mistake last night by coming on here and I'll try not to repeat it.

Good lord.

I didn't say freeze them out of society I said boot them in the balls.
FWIW I'm against govt vaccine passports and mandatory vaccination but I would be happy to tell any pal of mine what a p***k they were being if they didn't get one.
Fair enough. Then we are in agreement.... I might think you are a bit of a bam for not getting it, but I do not believe it should stop you from doing..... Anything really.

I'd be happy for businesses to set their own rules re proof of vaccine, once everyone's been offered a second jag, with those who can't get vaccinated for health reasons getting an honorary passport. I'm sure that c**t who runs Wetherspoons will welcome all the anti vaxxers and can't be arsed to his venues, so everybody's happy. 

I don’t really know how I feel about vaccine requirements. I think anti vaccine sentiment is overblown, as demonstrated by the huge uptake of the vaccines. Also, how do you differentiate between moon howling crazies and people who are unable to get vaccines for medical reasons? Do we just say to people who have conditions that prevent them getting vaccines “tough luck you can’t go to nightclubs / football matches / on holiday in the next few years?”

As I posted earlier in the thread I went to a sports injury clinic and they asked me if I had been vaccinated. Just writing this post I recall that when I joined a gym for the first time they asked me to provide a doctors note saying I didn’t have heart problems, for which my GP charged me £20. I think it’s fairly understandable asking these questions but then should people who’ve had heart attacks not be allowed to join gyms? What if I couldn’t get the vaccine due to auto immune disease but hurt my back, should I not be allowed to get treated?

The only logical conclusion is that we should execute all people with underlying health conditions. For too long they have ruined it for everyone else.

I’m not sure in the UK we’re making enough about the JCVI’s absolutely weird decision not to vaccinate all over 12’s. It’s happening on a global basis right now and will inevitably happen in the end here.

Quite why we’re not using this sweet spot between not having many more over 18s to vaccinate and starting boosters for the old duffers is beyond me.

I’m sure it’ll become headline news in October when the infection factories are spreading Covid around the place. It’s all very avoidable right now by simply aligning with international standards.

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

I’m not sure in the UK we’re making enough about the JCVI’s absolutely weird decision not to vaccinate all over 12’s. It’s happening on a global basis right now and will inevitably happen in the end here.

Quite why we’re not using this sweet spot between not having many more over 18s to vaccinate and starting boosters for the old duffers is beyond me.

I’m sure it’ll become headline news in October when the infection factories are spreading Covid around the place. It’s all very avoidable right now by simply aligning with international standards.

I'm in two minds about that, if we can get enough adults done to kill the thing off, so kids aren't necessary, we should be shipping the excess out to third world countries like New Zealand where they haven't even started on the 60-65s yet.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Well for a start, you're accusing others of being selfish and want to deny them basic freedom because it directly affects your freedom. You don't care about other people. You care about yourself.

That's hypocrisy right there.

Secondly, you are attacking the wrong people. Unvaccinated people are not the reason for restrictions. The Scottish Government is responsible for that. If you're going to mouth off, it's probably best that you actually understand the root cause of your problem so that you aim at the right target.

Your entire post is straight from the "How to be a Tory" book.

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I remember back when this thread started I considered making a "Top 5 Worst Posters in the Covid Thread" in the Top Fives forum and updating it regularly. We've come so far from jagfox filling the thing with shite memes.

Haha you should've done that would've been class lol

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

In what way am I dressing it up? I absolutely do want a segregated society as long as the pandemic continues and so do most people that don't inhabit this thread.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

If we don't have vaccine passports then we'll have an equally segregated society, only it's the diseased people who'll have all the freedoms while the rest of us are forced out. That's the wrong way round.

This is segregation by self-selection and for very good reasons.

Anyway, I made a mistake last night by coming on here and I'll try not to repeat it.

^^^ An absolute fucking imbecile. 

Stick to the faux preaching and BS about donating tickets m8.

• 1,237 new cases of COVID-19 reported 
  • 18,180 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results 
    • 7.5% of these were positive
  • 0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)  
  • 64 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 480 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 
  • 3,997,105 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 3,079,492 have received their second dose

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The only logical conclusion is that we should execute all people with underlying health conditions. For too long they have ruined it for everyone else.

- But I’ll say one thing for Russia, the health service is tremendous.

- Oh yeah.

- As soon as you’re ill, they kill you.

- Yeah?

- Oh yeah. There’s no fucking about with ‘cures’.

40 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Katie Hopkins - who just got refused entry to Australia for refusing to produce COVID-19 documentation

Not quite the truth as she was in mandatory quarantine but had her visa cancelled for being a stupid c**t and deported.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-19/katie-hopkins-visa-cancelled-deported-channel-seven/100303648

Seems though she comes out of it ok as 

Endemol Shine, the production company behind Big Brother, has reportedly paid the Brit $200,000 as a result of a "pay or play" provision, which requires actors to be paid their full sum, even if their job is cancelled early.

Channel 7 is also obligated to pay out almost $60,000 for travel expenses, which included business class airfares for the polarising star.