Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, D.V.T. said:

- in short for nightclubs and face masks, no idea.

Sounds like they won't insist on them for nightclubs and then they'll have to drop them for pubs and restaurants too.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Even if you take for granted that masks help reduce infections, that was only ever in conjunction with social distancing. To remove one element makes the other useless by default.

Surely a crowded subway carriage with everyone wearing masks would reduce infection more than if nobody was wearing a mask?

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

This absolute nonsense makes me think that she is just playing a waiting game until England introduces vaccine passports and she will then say the rest of Europe is doing it so we have to follow. 

HB, say the line!

7 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I think it will be back to full houses with no social distancing but it will be local council to rubber stamp it with a few conditions

Hope so mate

The fact the clubs still need to jump through these hoops however leaves a very bad taste 

6 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

In pubs is it not for going to the loo and walking in and out? Surely will just be same for nightclubs

If pubs don't need to socially distance anymore then folk can stand around at the bar.... doesn't that mandate mask wearing?

7 minutes ago, renton said:

... and surely any exemption for nightclubs will get carried into pubs?

It goes without saying obviously but you'd really expect this sort of detail to be ironed prior to the statement. As things stand the FM's speech was worse than useless as we await the full guidance being published.

6 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Surely a crowded subway carriage with everyone wearing masks would reduce infection more than if nobody was wearing a mask?

Bearing in mind the actual literature is a bit sketchy but I suspect that infection rates with someone right next to you is pretty similar, mask or no.

1 minute ago, ddfg said:

In what way is "Beyond Zero" significantly different from Level Zero?

the rules on distancing and gathering sizes that no c**t was following or enforcing are now gone.

every other part of this shite show is still there with hasons figerprints all over it

What this has confirmed to me is that I'll be going down south on holiday later this month when I'm off, and not staying in Scotland.

I've never been in a nightclub in my puff, and have no desire to be in one. But I'd like a few days in a country that feels like normality and not some weird, rule-obsessed nanny-state.

As an aside, my brother and his pals at the pub last night. One of his pals doesn't have a mask, so isn't allowed in. My brother takes a used mask from his pocket, gives it to his pal and he's allowed in. A stupid box ticking exercise.