Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

There were people suggesting they were right, and we were wrong. 

The pandemic is '99.5% confined to the unvaccinated' now according to a doctor I was reading from out there.

And the figures suggest whilst maybe not 99.5%, it's not a kick in the arse off it. At this point if you are a person who is not immunocompromised and look at the figures in the left columns vs right columns and still decide the jag isn't for you, then sympathy is understandably going to be thin on the ground if you get severely ill.

image.thumb.png.77a890ed8297039711942cfaea775563.png

Given the level of rapid uptake at the start and the overall positivity over what stellar progress was being made, I don't think they were doing it wrong. They just underestimated that amount of complete fucking anti-vax wahoos there are out in the good old USofA.

Edited by djchapsticks

Thoroughly enjoying my first full day of being double vaccinated - woke up this morning and went for a piss, started feeling like my body was trying to evacuate everything else before I finished - suddenly choking for a shite and feeling ready to spew. Went down to lean over the bowl and start retching, started having a hot flush and sweat like a menopausal woman where I could physically feel the sweat coming out of my pores.

My arm's sorer than the first time too.

48 minutes ago, RiG said:

I've not seen any changes to the legislation but I may have missed it. Guidance has changed of course however Regulation 5 of The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Requirements) (Scotland) Regulations 2021 states that face coverings must be worn by "a person who enters or remains indoors within a place listed in Regulation 6" (my emphasis) and sports stadiums are mentioned in this Regulation (6(1)cc). Therefore, you only have to wear a face covering if you were to go indoors in a sports stadium i.e. into the toilets or into the "body" of a stand as this would be considered being indoors.

Trying to justify that the being seated in a stand or standing on terracing is classed as being "indoors" is a hard push but of course clubs can go above and beyond the legislation if they so wish and ask fans to wear face coverings but there is no legislative requirement for them to do so. If clubs make it a condition of entry then that's another thing.

Dundee's "code of conduct" has also been updated to specify "indoor areas" rather than "at all times", and I imagine the guidance for that has come from somewhere on-high. Although it remains to be seen if the stewards have received the memo.

The definition of "indoors" when it comes to face coverings is the same as that for the smoking ban. Most (if not all) clubs have banned smoking in covered stands, but I think that's voluntary rather than required by law. I'm pretty sure that if you took a tape measure* to any stand in the country, you'd find it was <50% enclosed thanks to the slope making the open front bigger than the closed back. .

*Or a more suitable measuring device.

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The pandemic is '99.5% confined to the unvaccinated' now according to a doctor I was reading from out there.

And the figures suggest whilst maybe not 99.5%, it's not a kick in the arse off it. At this point if you are a person who is not immunocompromised and look at the figures in the left columns vs right columns and still decide the jag isn't for you, then sympathy is understandably going to be thin on the ground if you get severely ill.

image.thumb.png.77a890ed8297039711942cfaea775563.png

Given the level of rapid uptake at the start and the overall positivity over what stellar progress was being made, I don't think they were doing it wrong. They just underestimated that amount of complete fucking anti-vax wahoos there are out in the good old USofA.

Agreed - but we were having these calls on here in April, as the US opened up.

We certainly hadn’t hit vaccination targets that would have allowed it.

I’m glad to say, I think we have now.

The gap between first dose and second dose seems to be about 7m people. I think that is probably our ceiling* there given that first doses have slowed to a crawl. 

In percentage terms I imagine that's high 80s of the adult population. 

*Assuming that we don't start vaccinating younger age groups. 

Edited by Michael W

24 minutes ago, The Master said:

Dundee's "code of conduct" has also been updated to specify "indoor areas" rather than "at all times", and I imagine the guidance for that has come from somewhere on-high. Although it remains to be seen if the stewards have received the memo.

The definition of "indoors" when it comes to face coverings is the same as that for the smoking ban. Most (if not all) clubs have banned smoking in covered stands, but I think that's voluntary rather than required by law. I'm pretty sure that if you took a tape measure* to any stand in the country, you'd find it was <50% enclosed thanks to the slope making the open front bigger than the closed back. .

*Or a more suitable measuring device.

Fair enough. Missed that they had defined "indoors" in the SSI.

39 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Thoroughly enjoying my first full day of being double vaccinated - woke up this morning and went for a piss, started feeling like my body was trying to evacuate everything else before I finished - suddenly choking for a shite and feeling ready to spew. Went down to lean over the bowl and start retching, started having a hot flush and sweat like a menopausal woman where I could physically feel the sweat coming out of my pores.

My arm's sorer than the first time too.

Sounds like the 'rona mate. Unlucky :(

My better half was whining and moaning (not unusual) that it completely threw her cycle to pot. So at least you've no got that to look forward to 👍

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

We went to Dunfermline at the weekend to visit the mutants of Fife. The Kingsgate shopping centre had, I reckon, about 70% of people in masks and the rest mask-free.

You know how to enjoy yourself!

32 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The gap between first dose and second dose seems to be about 7m people. I think that is probably our ceiling* there given that first doses have slowed to a crawl. 

In percentage terms I imagine that's high 80s of the adult population. 

*Assuming that we don't start vaccinating younger age groups. 

First dose is currently 89% of UK adults.  Adding in the 16-17 year olds is another approx 1.5m targeted for vaccination or roughly 2% of the population.  Not everyone that gets a first does will come back for the second but no reason why we can't get over 90% of "adults" vaccinated.

ETA I never realised this but 16-17 year olds are only being offered one dose at the moment with no second dose being scheduled.

Edited by Left Back

Looks like The Good Guys / The Main Players / The Main Event were ahead of the curve yet again.

Mass/community testing is a load of utterly pointless shite? Who could have predicted it. The hypochondriacs who line up every week will be gutted. Same with those companies who are profiteering from it like there's no tomorrow. Get them straight in the bin.

Let's not forget some of the so-called 'experts' either telling us that 'the vaccines alone wilnae be enuff!!111', and that testing is 'part ae the solution!!!11'. Well, that will be gone sooner than later. I'm sure masks will follow since all they are doing at this point is reminding us psychologically of the crisis we did once live through, but has now passed.

With the arrival of highly effective vaccines, you never needed to be a medical 'expert' or epidemiologist to know that Covid would just become another bog standard respiratory infection like all the others we put up with. You simply needed to have a rational and pragmatic grip on reality, and not be a psycho with ulterior motives. If you're like that, then the path back to old, normal, pre-pandemic life is clear.

5jNkXKm.png

30 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I see Scotrail are not going to enforce the wearing of masks on trains.

Sensible approach.

Looks like the beginning of the end.

You will still get a minority of the public telling others to put a mask on trains or ask their reasons why you aren't wearing one. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Bit of confusion about some of the rules. Guys that play football together every week at lower levels (EOSL, etc), can't shower after games or training,  but yet showers at gyms and 5 a side centres are free to use???

10 minutes ago, philpy said:

Bit of confusion about some of the rules. Guys that play football together every week at lower levels (EOSL, etc), can't shower after games or training,  but yet showers at gyms and 5 a side centres are free to use???

Are you new here?