Coronavirus (COVID-19)

37 minutes ago, philpy said:

Has anybody been feeling shite after the 2nd astra zeneca vaccine?? Been getting problems with my neck since getting it on Tuesday.  Sore, and and very stiff (behave), and also right arm feeling numb at times. Could be a trapped nerve, but just seems a bit of a coincidence...

I was awful after the first Oxford one, but didn’t even have a sore arm after the second.  

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

Thank you for your recommendation, but I shall politely reject it. 

Presumably Dundee applied for more than 5000 supporters, hence even these continued nonsense token gestures? Because there's no need to wear a gubbins mask when moving to your seat/spot at Cappielow ('but wear one when queuing at the pie stall'). 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Has anybody been feeling shite after the 2nd astra zeneca vaccine?? Been getting problems with my neck since getting it on Tuesday.  Sore, and and very stiff (behave), and also right arm feeling numb at times. Could be a trapped nerve, but just seems a bit of a coincidence...

was awful for first one, nothing for 2nd

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Presumably Dundee applied for more than 5000 supporters, hence even these continued nonsense token gestures? Because there's no need to wear a gubbins mask when moving to your seat/spot at Cappielow ('but wear one when queuing at the pie stall'). 

We’re allowed up to 7,100-ish tomorrow which I think is the capacity of both ends, plus 1,000 away fans in the main stand. 

The assumption seems to be that we’ll be unrestricted from next week’s league game except for any SPFL/SFA requirements over “buffer areas” and the like. 

It’s possible that Dundee City Council imposed the mask restrictions as part of the approval process. 

Edited by The Master

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

We’re allowed up to 7,100-ish tomorrow which I think is the capacity of both ends, plus 1,000 away fans in the main stand. 

The assumption seems to be that we’ll be unrestricted from next week’s league game except for any SPFL/SFA requirements over “buffer areas” and the like. 

It’s possible that Dundee City Council imposed the mask restrictions as part of the approval process. 

I think your mask requirements aren’t that much different from law tbh.  Recommended to wear a mask at your seat= do whatever you want.    Required wearing mask on way to seat, think that’s mainly in place as concourses will be viewed as indoor public places.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think your mask requirements aren’t that much different from law tbh.  Recommended to wear a mask at your seat= do whatever you want.    Required wearing mask on way to seat, think that’s mainly in place as concourses will be viewed as indoor public places.

It’s splitting hairs, but I’d say as soon as you emerge from the vomitory (as football clubs seem to enjoy calling it), you’re outdoors so no need for the mask as you climb the stairs.

I suppose it might just be a simpler message to split things into “seat” and “not seat”. 

Is the Derry shut?

Just now, H Wragg said:
13 minutes ago, The Master said:

Is the Derry shut?

Aye. 

Nobody knows for certain why. It’s been claimed the toilets are an issue because they have the same entry and exit, but the Shed at Tannadice (which was open last week) is the same, so who knows. 

It could just be as simple as it’s not worthwhile opening it for tomorrow, but it’ll be business as usual for league games. 

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

It’s splitting hairs, but I’d say as soon as you emerge from the vomitory (as football clubs seem to enjoy calling it), you’re outdoors so no need for the mask as you climb the stairs.

I suppose it might just be a simpler message to split things into “seat” and “not seat”. 

I agree.  It’s for simplicity.

I’m down south this week and mask wearing seems a weird atmosphere to it.   With no rules in place it’s a bit weird trying to figure out what the socially accepted thing is.  You go some places and it’s 2019, others with face masks must be worn signs and scouring staff,  and in between it’s just your luck what other customers approach is.

Seen much more outdoor mask wearing than I have at any point up here, as well as extreme social distancing.  I think with restrictions being lifted earlier and further there’s more extreme attitudes formed.

37 minutes ago, The Master said:

Any update on next week’s game against us? 

Can see rhe requirements for wearing masks at stadiums binned soon. 

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Any update on next week’s game against us? 

Can see rhe requirements for wearing masks at stadiums binned soon. 

I would imagine you’ll get at least 1,000 tickets, maybe more depending on exactly what DCC have approved. 

Masks to the lavvy, but not when in your seat. Masks at the dancing, unless you’re dancing on your feet. Masks on the choo-choo, but Scotrail won’t enforce, masks in yer’ Tesco, oh yeah, of fcuking course. Masks while you’re flying, unless you’ve got a card. I got one from Sturgeon, it wisnae’ very hard. Masks up in Scotland, but not for all the while. Jump on another choo-choo, whip it off around Carlisle. Masks to the left of me, and masks off to my right, I’ve come to the conclusion now, that this is fcuking shite.….…. 

….. and now time for a wee bourbon & coke. Goodnight one and all.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Masks to the lavvy, but not when in your seat. Masks at the dancing, unless you’re dancing on your feet. Masks on the choo-choo, but Scotrail won’t enforce, masks in yer’ Tesco, oh yeah, of fcuking course. Masks while you’re flying, unless you’ve got a card. I got one from Sturgeon, it wisnae’ very hard. Masks up in Scotland, but not for all the while. Jump on another choo-choo, whip it off around Carslile. Masks to the left of me, and masks off to my right, I’ve come to the conclusion now, that this is fcuking shite.….…. 

Set it out properly ffs

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Masks to the lavvy, but not when in your seat. Masks at the dancing, but not while dancing with your feet. Masks on the choo-choo, but Scotrail won’t enforce, masks in yer’ Tesco, oh yeah, of fcuking course. Masks while you’re flying, unless you’ve got a card. I got one from Sturgeon, it wisnae’ very hard. Masks up in Scotland, but not for all the while. Jump on another choo-choo, whip it off around Carslile. Masks to the left of me, and masks off to my right, I’ve come to the conclusion now, that this is fcuking shite.….…. 

fxvK.gif

Update from The Land of the Coups

• New highs 23,000 cases per day with over 200 dead on each day all week. (remembering we hardly test anyone)
  • UK, USA and Switzerland have donated vaccines to us that will arrive before the end of the year.  Thank you.
  • Big fight happening between the "experts".  Some saying let's keep all the AZ vaccines we produce and f**k the contracts. (we produce and supply the SE Asia).
  • Predictions of 200,000 cases per day and over 1000 deaths per day. Next month.
  • Our beloved PM (remember him), said at the start of Aug, this will be all over in 2 weeks, or 3 or 4.  Has gone into hiding.  He has bunkered down in his fortified house.
  • Riots on a daily bases in Bangkok, mostly surrounding the PM's bunker.
  • Police fighting off the people with rubber bullets and chemical gas.
  • Army getting the nod in a few days, with live rounds expected.
  • 6.9% double dunted. Frontline healthcare workers, getting the 3rd dose. Ministers telling folk to don't delay and get your vaccine (there isn't any).
  • Net is closing in, I now know someone, who knows someone with Covid. 
  • Home isolation is now happening, and the government have got all their tea money.  You will receive 3 meals per day delivered to your house.  People who can house isolate are the rich (you can donate;) to your local government), as they clearly would not stay in field hospitals with the great unwashed.
  •  Child only field hospital are now up and running.  Separating families, even when f**k all is wrong with anyone.
  • Forfar are going to pump Kelty Hearts today!😁

Update from The Land of the Coups
  • New highs 23,000 cases per day with over 200 dead on each day all week. (remembering we hardly test anyone)
  • UK, USA and Switzerland have donated vaccines to us that will arrive before the end of the year.  Thank you.
  • Big fight happening between the "experts".  Some saying let's keep all the AZ vaccines we produce and f**k the contracts. (we produce and supply the SE Asia).
  • Predictions of 200,000 cases per day and over 1000 deaths per day. Next month.
  • Our beloved PM (remember him), said at the start of Aug, this will be all over in 2 weeks, or 3 or 4.  Has gone into hiding.  He has bunkered down in his fortified house.
  • Riots on a daily bases in Bangkok, mostly surrounding the PM's bunker.
  • Police fighting off the people with rubber bullets and chemical gas.
  • Army getting the nod in a few days, with live rounds expected.
  • 6.9% double dunted. Frontline healthcare workers, getting the 3rd dose. Ministers telling folk to don't delay and get your vaccine (there isn't any).
  • Net is closing in, I now know someone, who knows someone with Covid. 
  • Home isolation is now happening, and the government have got all their tea money.  You will receive 3 meals per day delivered to your house.  People who can house isolate are the rich (you can donate[emoji6] to your local government), as they clearly would not stay in field hospitals with the great unwashed.
  •  Child only field hospital are now up and running.  Separating families, even when f**k all is wrong with anyone.
  • Forfar are going to pump Kelty Hearts today![emoji16]
Your "beloved PM" probably posts on here given his proclamations !