Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

What makes you think that some of them want to wear such gear? I suspect it was airline policy and they had no choice. I can send you a photo of everybody in my local supermarket wearing a mask and a shield, myself included. Not because i want to or choose to but I'm not getting in without it and even If I was I'd be looking at a 50 quid fine for not wearing them. It's not always a matter of personal choice.

The picture came from this blog, not from the airline it would seem.

https://samchui.com/2021/02/22/trip-report-whats-changed-onboard-qatar-airways/#.YRjEKohKg2w

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

How the f**k is it Nicola Sturgeon's fault if a train carriage is standing room only? 😂 

Give your head a wobble ffs.

She does the time table, carriage allocation and staff rota for Scotrail mate, always been a part of her job.

When they are short staffed she pushes the drinks trolley between Edi/ Gla

This thread seems to have went very ''Sevco 55''  recently, but instead of  ''i don't really bother about the fitba much these days mate''  to  a ''simply the best'' ''heart in hand'' die hard, its went all f**k masks and mask wearing twats, 

^^^^^ one of” them” ^^^^^^^

We are the (maskless) people
No surrender!

12 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I am part of a group on Facebook for patients/carers that have the same cancer as me. Daily people ask if it is safe to see their grandchildren. Some have never met their grandchildren yet or haven't seen them for 18 months. They are so scared of covid they won't even meet their own grandchildren. 😫 Every time I reply that I've lived with a 2 and 5 year old who go to nursery every day andI  can't avoid them unless I moved. Ffs your life is already limited with cancer. Go and see your family.

Unlike the deaths and rising cases and hospitlisations at various points, the blame for the sort of fear above can really only be placed at the feet of politicians and public health experts. It's something we will be living for years, in one way or another. And I hope those responsible will be held accountable.

25 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

^^^^^ one of” them” ^^^^^^^

We are the (maskless) people
No surrender!

nah fella, i just remember last summer, then the following winter months, it'll be different but i don't see huge difference happening this year, 

i see masks making a comeback in December, sooner if we get a new variant, don't think anything will close down though.

Edited by Meldrew

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

How the f**k is it Nicola Sturgeon's fault if a train carriage is standing room only? 😂 

Give your head a wobble ffs.

There's a couple reasons why Sturgeon might be at fault for this-

-She has recently lifted COVID restrictions which necessitate, for example, people using public transport to go to work. At the same time, she has said people should continue to wear masks (so suggesting to people that COVID is still a problem). These mixed messages result in people worrying about packed train carriages

-Trains don't seem to have enough carriages to allow people to social distance / feel safe if they are worried about COVID. Why aren't there enough train carriages? Because of political decisions taken by Nicola Sturgeon - more carriages could be leased or bought to do this, for example.

Not saying I care two fucks about social distancing on trains, but there's definitely ways in which decisions taken by the Scottish Government have meant carriage capacity isn't enough to avoid overcapacity.

What I like about the whole stooshy regarding getting vaccinated is the very same people who said they were struggling to homeschool their kids are the same ones claiming to be viral infection experts after three months of "doing research" on YT and FB - demand to be given the same airtime as genuinely qualified people who have decades of experience.

Which is it Karen, either you are thick as mince and your research is laughable, or you genuinely care about lunatic fringe conspiracy shit over the education of your child?

15 minutes ago, Ric said:

What I like about the whole stooshy regarding getting vaccinated is the very same people who said they were struggling to homeschool their kids are the same ones claiming to be viral infection experts after three months of "doing research" on YT and FB - demand to be given the same airtime as genuinely qualified people who have decades of experience.

Which is it Karen, either you are thick as mince and your research is laughable, or you genuinely care about lunatic fringe conspiracy shit over the education of your child?

Classism and sexism with this bizarre strawman moan - you're some man Ric!

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

What makes you think that some of them want to wear such gear? I suspect it was airline policy and they had no choice. I can send you a photo of everybody in my local supermarket wearing a mask and a shield, myself included. Not because i want to or choose to but I'm not getting in without it and even If I was I'd be looking at a 50 quid fine for not wearing them. It's not always a matter of personal choice.

In regard to the wearing of such PPE - read my post again. Specifically the second half of the first paragraph.

TBH, I never intended to cause a stramash. Just in relation to companies like airlines and hotels constantly coming at me from a POV that suggests unless they assure me staff will be dressed like this, and I’m completely assured they’ve deep cleaned everything within an inch of its life, then I simply won’t fly with them / stay in their hotel. As I said, far from it. It’s almost the opposite in fact. Staff having to dress like that, plus, importantly, all the other far-from-normal experiences / government rules is the reason I don’t want to fly / stay. If your cabin crew didn’t look like they were in an operating theatre, and you tried to make things more normal, rather than abnormal, then I’d jump on yer’ plane tomorrow. It just can’t be me. Everyone I know isn’t looking for these levels of PPE, or deep cleaning promises. What they want is far more normality and less restrictions from governments. Plus, even before they’d heard of Covid, they thought it was a good idea to clean aircraft and hotel rooms thoroughly anyway! Isn’t that something they should always have been doing? Ach, fcuk it. Apologies if I caused a stooshie. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

Some pub owner, "this has come out of the blue". Really Gavin? Really? The pandemic and it affecting the number of jobs, the number of people for those jobs and supply logisitics for the whole world have been fucked over for the last 18 months and he thinks this issue has "come out of the blue"?

To me that seems like a fluff piece for landlords to bitch about restrictions but as restrictions have been lifted they need to bitch about something else.

btw, on a side note, I see that Inverness is apparently the cheapest place to get a pint, at £3.20! Now, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that can't surely be the cheapest pint in the land, but that said I don't drink so I honestly don't know the price of a pint anyway. As you'd have guessed, Edinburgh is the dearest.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Who's Karen?

I'm sure you are saying that in jest, but... Karen is a jabberwocky. She doesn't exist, it's not a real person, it's a conflation of numerous persona. In the same way "gammon" is used to describe Brexiteers, there is no one "gammon"

The fact that Karen isn't an actual person, but a composite, also makes any suggestion that using the term is either sexist or a strawman somewhat lacking in any objective basis.

54 minutes ago, Snafu said:

The fear factory churns out another horror story. This time its a supply problem.

Mind you who the f*** drinks Heineken?

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/scottish-pubs-could-run-out-21315145

Scottish pubs could run out of beer 'within days' due to delivery problems

Customers could be without their favourite drinks after Belhaven and Heineken cancelled and cut back deliveries. Heineken say they won't be able to fulfil all orders having "explored every possible option".

Edit: never knew they were the only two beers sold in pubs these days.

Both Belhaven and Heineken distribute much more than just Belhaven Best and Heineken respectively.

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The picture came from this blog, not from the airline it would seem.

https://samchui.com/2021/02/22/trip-report-whats-changed-onboard-qatar-airways/#.YRjEKohKg2w

Chui is a horrible fucker, millionaire banker who hires camera men for his youtube videos and forces cabin crew into really awkward conversations and goes on about them being his friends etc. 

Daily Cases Update:  Day 9 in a row of case rises up to 167.8. Infectivity up to 6.1%.and will continue to rise.

The face lickers in Torysville Dumfries have decided to push for even higher numbers. In fact most of the case rises seem to be from outwith the big cities now. The North East far more under control with Aberdeen & Dundee in the lowest 6 mainland councils.

Northern Ireland looks out of control at 499..7 per 100K.  They also still have the highest legal restrictions in the UK.

Figures for Jags  1st Vaccines 5,061 to 4,831 so still holding up via the 16-17 year olds.    2nd vaccines stable from  19,011 to 18,839

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 6th August to 12th August were 9,109 now 9,174 up 0.71%, Positivity was 6.0% now 6.1%.  Cases per 100K were 166.6 now 167.8  

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average  291.7 to 293.3 up 0.55%, England  305.2 to 306.1 up 0.29%, Wales 161.7 to 162.0 up 0.19%, Northern Ireland  488.7 to 499.7 up 2.25%

In Europe for travellers   France 254.4 to 252.4,  Ireland 242.3 to 247.3, Greece 215.8 to 220.9, Spain 225.4 to 197.1, Portugal  159.2 to 158.7, Switzerland 130.7 to 130.7  These are still the only main countries over 120 cases per 100K  

Scotland peaks in Wave 3 at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked in wave 2 at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

East Lothian  264.1 to 271.5

North Ayrshire  245.8 to 257.0  11th day in a row of rises.  

North Lanarkshire  234.8  to 227.5

South Lanarkshire  235.3 to 226.6 

Dumfries & Galloway   188.8 to 221.2  Up over 32% in 2 days.  Dumfries Central riddled and rising again to 1151

Clackmannanshire  193.0 to 208.6 Whores nickers council pulling them up again.

West Dunbartonshire 216.2 to 208.3 

Inverclyde   177.8 to 202.4    Up near 15%

Fife   194.9 to 196.7

East Ayrshire    162.0 to 180.1  Up well over 10%

Argyll & Bute  173.2 to 179.1  

East Dunbartonshire  157.2 to 173.8 Up 33% in 2 days.

East Renfrewshire  180.1 to 172,8  

Glasgow City  168.2 to 171.5

Renfrewshire  155.0 to 163.3

West Lothian  149.6 to 159.9

City Of Edinburgh  160.2 to 157.5

Falkirk   147.6 to 147.6

Midlothian   150.3 to 146.0

South Ayrshire  145.4 to 144.5

Scottish  Borders  138.8 to 139.7

Highlands    152.1 to 137.6 Down near 10%

Stirling   144.6 to 132.9

Dundee City  124.3 to 127.0