Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Update from The Land of the Coups
  • New highs 23,000 cases per day with over 200 dead on each day all week. (remembering we hardly test anyone)
  • UK, USA and Switzerland have donated vaccines to us that will arrive before the end of the year.  Thank you.
  • Big fight happening between the "experts".  Some saying let's keep all the AZ vaccines we produce and f**k the contracts. (we produce and supply the SE Asia).
  • Predictions of 200,000 cases per day and over 1000 deaths per day. Next month.
  • Our beloved PM (remember him), said at the start of Aug, this will be all over in 2 weeks, or 3 or 4.  Has gone into hiding.  He has bunkered down in his fortified house.
  • Riots on a daily bases in Bangkok, mostly surrounding the PM's bunker.
  • Police fighting off the people with rubber bullets and chemical gas.
  • Army getting the nod in a few days, with live rounds expected.
  • 6.9% double dunted. Frontline healthcare workers, getting the 3rd dose. Ministers telling folk to don't delay and get your vaccine (there isn't any).
  • Net is closing in, I now know someone, who knows someone with Covid. 
  • Home isolation is now happening, and the government have got all their tea money.  You will receive 3 meals per day delivered to your house.  People who can house isolate are the rich (you can donate[emoji6] to your local government), as they clearly would not stay in field hospitals with the great unwashed.
  •  Child only field hospital are now up and running.  Separating families, even when f**k all is wrong with anyone.
  • Forfar are going to pump Kelty Hearts today![emoji16]
Your "beloved PM" probably posts on here given his proclamations !

Guest Bob Mahelp
13 hours ago, The Master said:

Thank you for your recommendation, but I shall politely reject it. 

Madness.

Pittodrie on Thursday was the first time I've felt normal in 18 months. No masks in the golf club before the game, people queueing for bevvy, absolutely no sign of a mask in the ground, singing, goals, a great bounce. 

I'm sure it'll be the same at Dens today. Aside from the singing, goals and bounce. Obviously. 

Something that isn't really being acknowledged is that for some people suffering conditions like anxiety disorders, panic disorder, emetophobia, germophobia, sensory issues that are a symptom of Autism and so on, the period since March 2020 is the most tranquil and calm many of them have ever felt in their adult lives.

So no, anyone who tries to argue that Lockdown and Covid restrictions have either been universally beneficial, or universally detrimental to all marginalised and disadvantaged groups is talking absolute rot. I know plenty of people who are utterly distraught at the prospect of going back to how things were prior to March 2020, as well as those who have found the last 18 months a living hell and are glad to see the back of it.

14 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Madness.

Pittodrie on Thursday was the first time I've felt normal in 18 months. No masks in the golf club before the game, people queueing for bevvy, absolutely no sign of a mask in the ground, singing, goals, a great bounce. 

I'm sure it'll be the same at Dens today. Aside from the singing, goals and bounce. Obviously. 

Dundee fans should have to wear masks 24/7.  Nothing to do with Covid.

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

£20 off NHS PCR tests is just ridiculous tinkering.

It will make little or no difference to holidaymaker confidence.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/travel-covid-test-price-cut-sajid-javid-b1902442.html

Saw the headline but haven’t read the details.  Is that England & Wales or UK wide?

12 hours ago, Michael W said:

Right enough, the pandemic has really improved lives for these groups. 

EUbePtyX0AUYBmY.jpg

These weirdos and outright dangers to society will be absolutely raging at seeing all these mass gatherings and increasingly more people no longer giving a f**k. So, so pleasing.

How many viewers are they still drawing to their meetings? About 44?

24 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

£20 off NHS PCR tests is just ridiculous tinkering.

It will make little or no difference to holidaymaker confidence.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/travel-covid-test-price-cut-sajid-javid-b1902442.html

If they really want to cling to testing they would be far better served stopping mass testing completely, and fully funding an arrival test on return from Amber / Red countries.

Travel companies benefit from increases passenger confidence. Lovejoys are placated. Cheaper. Win-win.

Bit daft at Grant Street last night in Inverness. Fully back to normal, pie counter open etc, but the away side still had to sit in the stand instead of the dug out and no showers permitted I think. No team sheets either.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/14/nsw-covid-update-case-numbers-entire-state-in-lockdown-as-premier-gladys-berejiklian-warns-this-is-literally-a-war

I mean it's literally *not* a war but you lot enjoy your 'months of lockdown' that will achieve absolutely nothing anyway. 

Not many models for the zero Covid nutjobs to point to now. 

46 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/aug/14/nsw-covid-update-case-numbers-entire-state-in-lockdown-as-premier-gladys-berejiklian-warns-this-is-literally-a-war

I mean it's literally *not* a war but you lot enjoy your 'months of lockdown' that will achieve absolutely nothing anyway. 

Not many models for the zero Covid nutjobs to point to now. 

4 people in their 20s in ICU out of a population of over 8m in New South Wales is apparently a disaster 🤷

75,000 inside OT the now. Glorious to see.

Definitely makes a difference having fans.

My dad was a bit unsure about Mcdiarmid with 9000 on Thursday but I agreed to do an LFT before and today to settle his nerves.

Both negative and he’s agreeing that it’s now personal opinion and own risk assessments that should be the way forward.

39 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Definitely makes a difference having fans.

My dad was a bit unsure about Mcdiarmid with 9000 on Thursday but I agreed to do an LFT before and today to settle his nerves.

Both negative and he’s agreeing that it’s now personal opinion and own risk assessments that should be the way forward.

Perhaps overly simplistic, but I imagine the more people get out and about doing "normal" things, the fear and uncertainty about doing so will reduce.