Coronavirus (COVID-19)

If nobody knows about my last point, about one month ago a Swiss female was murdered and raped in our only open to tourism province Phuket.

Only a handful of tourist were/are coming to the place, and this happened.

All over the news was nothing to do with the sorry of the death, if was all about the financial impact.

Our Government then handed 2m baht to the family of the diseased, and apologised, probably gave free flights to Thailand (only to used within 6 months).

Next day our only gold medallist at the Olympics was given 20m baht and made a minister of sport.

Got to love and live this greatness, to really appreciate it.     

9 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Still red dotting rather then replying, eh ?

Come on son, you have a big mouth usually. Tell me what your medical qualifications are. 

Medical qualifications are completely irrelevant to the validity of an argument which is primarily based on statistics.

Even if that wasn’t the case, there are people who have medical qualifications who believe long Covid is being hugely overplayed. 

The notion that you can only challenge things if you have qualifications in that subject is all kinds of mental - I’m sure you don’t need me to exemplify that.

Some hangover in the post for you btw.

53 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

That's Thailand up to 20% double dunted.  We are jagging about 450,000 on their 2nd jags per day at the moment.

PM said we are going to open up on 1st Oct to tourists and he is keeping with it his pledge.  He said before we had to be at 70% double dosed, which would be on 1st Oct, just out by 50%.

Remember everyone, before you book.

• test on arrival, test on day 4, test on day 10 test before return flight
  • If you test positive at anytime, game over....hand over all your credit cards and cash.
  • wear those masks 24 hrs per day
  • night curfew starts at 9pm until 5am
  • you can only stay in government approved hotels
  • you can't go anywhere during the day, unless it's one of the government 'routes'
  • no alcohol is served. At bars or restaurants. 
  • please don't get murdered or raped, it's not good for our business.

See you soon.

The Thai tourist board new logo

27 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Asking a GP about the prevalence of long COVID is like asking a checkout assistant how Tesco can gain market share from Lidl and Aldi.

It's more the weaponisation of 'long covid' as an argument against removing restrictions. GPs may not have a defined or consistent set of criteria that they can go against, but if they were seeing lots of patients presenting with a particular issue, we'd hear about it. There are lots of GPs on Twitter for example, and they would be telling everyone about it. 

Long covid in kids was the issue a certain campaign group were going all in on, producing numbers without corroboration that 1 in 7 kids for long covid. Again, there are paediatric doctors on Twitter - they were not reporting concerning levels of it.

It's been used an emotive argument against lifting restrictions and the evidence hasn't supported its supposed prevalence. The focus on children most recently was the classic Helen Lovejoy meme - think of the children! Look at what you're doing to them! The evidence doesn't support it. 

Edited by Michael W

11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Are you a medical professional, or just a deluded, frantic, mental professional dickhead ?

Are you medically qualified, personally, to say with 100% certainty that long Covid does not exist ?

Are you a medical professional, or just a deluded, frantic, mental professional dickhead ?

10 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

What I want to know is, are the two posters....Todd and Elixir.....who post on his thread with a religious, extremist fanaticism, qualified as medical professionals to say that long covid does not exist ?

Well, are you ? Yes or no ?

Are you medically qualified ? We know that you're a raging fantasist, but are any of your opinons based on your own medical and professional experience ? 

Or are you just a raging internet hadman, who thinks he knows something but knows f**k all ?

What I want to know is, are either of you professionally or medically qualified to guarantee with 100% certainty that long covid does not exist ?

Yes or no ?

Are you medically qualified, or not ?

Answer the question, big man. 

But given that you post with aBsOLuTe CerTaINtY most of the time, I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what your professional and medical qualifications are. 

Do you have any professional or medical qualifications ?

This is a relatively simple question to answer, even for an internet fantasist. 

Yes or no ?

Listen son, you've put yourself in this position. Are you medically qualified to state with absolute certainty that long covid does not exist.

Yes or no ?

Come on son, you have a big mouth usually. Tell me what your medical qualifications are. 

ok-lets-try-this-one-more-time-26837274.png.0fd7be981f72bc6ffd85f89ad3f601b2.png

Do you actually think that posting confirmation bias shite gives you some kind of moral superiority ?

Are you medically qualified, personally, to say with 100% certainty that long Covid does not exist ?

Post 1.

Do you actually think that posting confirmation bias shite gives you some kind of moral superiority ?

Post 2.

I'm getting red dotted by the usual dickheads.

What I want to know is, are the two posters....Todd and Elixir.....who post on his thread with a religious, extremist fanaticism, qualified as medical professionals to say that long covid does not exist ?

Well, are you ? Yes or no ?

Post 3.

Good answer, you raving arse. 

Are you medically qualified ? We know that you're a raging fantasist, but are any of your opinons based on your own medical and professional experience ? 

Or are you just a raging internet hadman, who thinks he knows something but knows f**k all ?

Post 4.

Wow.

Aside from red dotters, it's suddenly went very quiet. 

I know that Todd and Elixir live on this thread. What I want to know is, are either of you professionally or medically qualified to guarantee with 100% certainty that long covid does not exist ?

Yes or no ?

Post 5.

So you're just proving that you're a fucking child with a big mouth. 

Are you medically qualified, or not ?

Answer the question, big man. 

Post 6.

OK, let me help you out here because the silence is deafening and I can feel the cringe from here. 

Neither you or Elixir are in the slightest way professionaly or medically qualified to comment with any certainty on long covid, or covid-19, or the effects of covid, or restrictions, or actually anything that you actually do comment on.

What you are, are (probably) 20 or 30 year old office workers with absolutely no knowledge at all, in the slightest, of the medical implications of the disease. 

What you do have though, is a laptop, and plenty of gifs, images and tweets to affirm confirmation bias of something that has become a burning issue in your head. Luckily for you P&B gives you a medium for your fanaticism to spill out. 

Most of the stuff you post is laughably light.....the work of internet fantasists with too much time. 

But given that you post with aBsOLuTe CerTaINtY most of the time, I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what your professional and medical qualifications are. 

Post 7.

Do you have any professional or medical qualifications ?

This is a relatively simple question to answer, even for an internet fantasist. 

Yes or no ?

Post 8.

Wow, Todd....with no sense of self-awareness....heads to the 'heads gone' thread rather than answer here. 

Smacks of cowardice and needing affirmation from his followers. 

Listen son, you've put yourself in this position. Are you medically qualified to state with absolute certainty that long covid does not exist.

Yes or no ?

Post 9.

Still red dotting rather then replying, eh ?

Post 10.

Lol.

Like I give a shit. I'm off to bed now, so you and Elixir can come crawling back out of the woodwork to post whatever you want. 

DeArY mE. What a pair of cowards. 

season 8 GIF

"I don't care."

taylor-swift-hmm.gif

Edited by RiG

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

On the General Nonsense forum of a football message board you probably are...

You should see the General Nonsense page of the Protein Coat online messaging forum for virologists and immunologists. They are utterly raging about Gary Holt over there.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

I don't think the Scottish Government could make me despise them more if they tried.

The Telegraph understands there is already a backlash emerging from the SNP-led Scottish Government, which could pick different rules, and some government scientific advisers.

The Telegraph understands that the Scottish Government could keep PCR tests for the jabbed on day two, splitting with Mr Johnson’s new rules for England.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I don't think the Scottish Government could make me despise them more if they tried.

🚨CARE MORE KLAXON🚨

ETA further to my point the other day, if flying in to England allows people to bypass this they will.

Edited by Todd_is_God

If they genuinely do this it simply shows they will never, ever be fit to win the economic argument for independence.

Of course, their snakey Green toadies will certainly want Scottish aviation burned to the ground.

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

All those EU countries are as reckless as those bloody TOOAARRIIEEEESS

it's became very clear to me that there are a number of people in life that actively wish for misery for no other reason than so they can sit back and say I told you so, look at me i'm so clever

it's exactly the same with brexit or any other divisive issue

fuking c***s

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd
n

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

🚨CARE MORE KLAXON🚨

ETA further to my point the other day, if flying in to England allows people to bypass this they will.

They already buckled to this simple fact before. Do they seriously think they won't just be increasing business for Newcastle, while throttling Edinburgh and Glasgow? They are so incompetent and not fit for purpose it's beyond parody.

Edited by Elixir

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

It's more the weaponisation of 'long covid' as an argument against removing restrictions. GPs may not have a defined or consistent set of criteria that they can go against, but if they were seeing lots of patients presenting with a particular issue, we'd hear about it. There are lots of GPs on Twitter for example, and they would be telling everyone about it. 

Long covid in kids was the issue a certain campaign group were going all in on, producing numbers without corroboration that 1 in 7 kids for long covid. Again, there are paediatric doctors on Twitter - they were not reporting concerning levels of it.

It's been used an emotive argument against lifting restrictions and the evidence hasn't supported its supposed prevalence. The focus on children most recently was the classic Helen Lovejoy meme - think of the children! Look at what you're doing to them! The evidence doesn't support it. 

It's really not been difficult from the outset to derive from 'the data' that those aged under 30 have never been at any actual risk from Covid. Indeed, no more so than any other respiratory infection. Even the fatties and those who survive on Greggs every day might feel a bit shite for longer, but they certainly don't burden the health system.