Coronavirus (COVID-19)

35 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I don't get why peoples are still taking LFT's when everyone knows that the Omicron variant is harmless. 

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't understand this mentality.

Testing yourself silly when you have, for all intents and purposes, a cold. You just just know this person wasn't stopping until they got the result they craved.

We surely can't go on like this. It's a colossal waste of money.

It's perfect for attention seeking Insta posts: 'av goat the covid!'

Just now, Elixir said:

Dug as her profile pic. These psychos are basically just on the opposite side of the same coin as the Brexit bams.

The amount of people who are seething at 2 women going down south to celebrate new year are fucking morons. 

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't understand this mentality.

Testing yourself silly when you have, for all intents and purposes, a cold. You just just know this person wasn't stopping until they got the result they craved.

We surely can't go on like this. It's a colossal waste of money.

I took loads of tests in the week leading up to Christmas as I was feeling ill and I would be spending the day with my gran who is in her 80s and isn't in great health. I was also concerned about infecting work mates and ruining their Christmas. 

I think most people test because they don't want to infect anyone else. 

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

The state of this 

Nobody is asking you to apologise and Carlisle is shite for a night out anyways 

Comments in there wishing death on them for going to England for a night out as it adds to risk of… other people dying, without a hint of irony.

51 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Hey if your comprehension is a bit ropey, don't try to blame me 🤣

I comprehended your post perfectly fine, it was quoted word for word, and it was then correctly found to be utter bollocks.

Still waiting for my PCR results which is now over 3 days. Had a look at the government website and they if you haven't had results in 6 days then phone 119 - what is the point in that as I would more likely be a negative by then.

It is already fucking with my mental health having to isolate over new year alone

Edited by betting competition

18 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Still waiting for my PCR results which is now over 3 days. Had a look at the government website and they if you haven't had results in 6 days then phone 119 - what is the point in that as I would more likely be a negative by then.

It is already fucking with my mental health having to isolate over new year alone

A few people I work with had 4 day waits over Christmas. It's not ideal but realistically it's impossible for the labs to meet the extra demand during the festive period when they will also have staff issues from isolation.

Isolating is tough. I think the best thing you can do is try to have nice night despite it. Get a good takeaway delivered and stick on a favourite film. 

Interesting. Clearly this thing is going to produce high, short-lived peaks, and the high nationwide numbers are more an indicator of numerous local areas trying to get there at the same time rather than it being "out of control"

With that in mind, and Humza's update on the vaccine progress, JL's comments about wanting to spread it out "to get more vaccines done" seem even more at odds to what we really should be doing than they did when he made them.

Given the restrictions are in place, I could begrudgingly accept them staying until the 17th (under the guise of allowing 2 weeks for the vaccines to reach peak effectiveness), but really after that we should be lifting ALL restrictions (including contact tracing and mandatory isolation) with the aim of getting to that peak ASAP. Not doing so is only going to prolong the disruption and uncertainty for, ultimately, very little gain.

That would absolutely require an adult conversation, however, which means the SG will almost certainly do the opposite.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I kissed a lady on Boxing Day that is riddled with it (CoVid fnar fnar). Nice knowing you all 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’ll say ‘didn’t even get his hole’ on your grave. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's the least of her problems in the leper colonies you hunt.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Absolutely. CoVid is the least of my worries tbh 

All this concern and not one poster enquiring as to how traumatised the poor lassie’s guide dug must be. 

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

The state of this 

Nobody is asking you to apologise and Carlisle is shite for a night out anyways 

Nasty, nasty people in the comments. 

People like these and their quite honestly appaling views are just another part of the reason why I actively chose to dissociate myself with the party they support.

Frankly, I don't want any of their fucking stink on me.