The Caley v Rangers under 17s

TheScarf

Top drawer statement and nice nod to the ever-faithful dogs in the street. 

Other clubs should really be backing ICT up here or they'll all need to live with the same batshit process and morons on these panels.

Just shows that we have no right to laugh at VAR down south. We were given days to reverse an obvious error and somehow still fucked it up. The panel surely aren't that incompetent, Im guessing they have done it out of spite which for me is worse.

Edited by gannonball

19 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Just shows that we have no right to laugh at VAR down south. We were given days to reverse an obvious error and somehow still fucked it up. The panel surely aren't that incompetent, Im guessing they have done it out of spite which for me is worse.

Was thinking the same thing. VAR would have corrected that decision in about 10 seconds. We have 3 days and still can't get the right decision.

Didn't notice the *** clapping the ref until this morning either. 

I'll be sure to clap him when he turns out for some LL dross in the Scottish Cup against The Caley in a couple of years time. 

7 minutes ago, ropy said:

With Alan Burrows reference to legalese, does the panel review whether the player dived, yes or no, or do they review if the referee could have considered a yellow to be appropriate given what he had seen?

It is supposed to be whether there is significant evidence that the referee has made a mistake. They take the referee's initial report into consideration (ie why he gave the decision) but if there is clear video evidence that the referee was wrong then it should be overturned regardless. I feel sorry for the ref in this situation (for the sake of transparency, I do know him a bit), because he has been chucked under the bus by this panel - it's easy for someone to make a bad decision in the heat of the moment when they only see it once (even if in this case it's a shocker), but I have no idea how three people can watch that back several times with video evidence and come to that conclusion.

14 hours ago, gannonball said:

This could end up being the catalyst for reform now, the review panel has been an absolute joke from its inception. Other clubs should end up coming out in support of this. Highly unlikely but if Rangers were to come out in support of Caly would help force change.

We recently had an appeal in which the opposition player said it should never have been a card, they provided video evidence which backed the player up. The ref had totally lost control but the panel backed him up & our player ended up missing 5 games. The refs know it makes no difference if they get things wrong as for a lot of games are not covered on video & if it goes to the panel they will have their backs covered by their employers. Is the names involved sitting on the panel are they actual professionals or just more blazers with nothing better to fill a morning.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It is supposed to be whether there is significant evidence that the referee has made a mistake. They take the referee's initial report into consideration (ie why he gave the decision) but if there is clear video evidence that the referee was wrong then it should be overturned regardless. I feel sorry for the ref in this situation (for the sake of transparency, I do know him a bit), because he has been chucked under the bus by this panel - it's easy for someone to make a bad decision in the heat of the moment when they only see it once (even if in this case it's a shocker), but I have no idea how three people can watch that back several times with video evidence and come to that conclusion.

But does it only take one of the panel to make the appeal fail?

1 minute ago, ropy said:

But does it only take one of the panel to make the appeal fail?

Based on the SFA Judicial Panel Protocol, it only requires a majority. That means at least two people decided there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the decision.

Who the hell was part of that three man panel? Judge Rinder? Stevie Wonder? & Greg Aitken's himself??? Hopefully we willl win the Cup that will piss the SFA right off 👌👌

At least we made the final the referee & his bad descisions did not prevent us doing so. 

Just a shame that Keating's will miss out on a National Cup final because of this nonesense