The Caley v Rangers under 17s

TheScarf

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

The very best thing about this thread is try hard Dele getting the square root of zero bites

Try hard at what, exactly? 

I'm certainly all for young boys who try and play football advancing in their careers rather that the same old turgid, route one shite that's clogging up these overpriced shite leagues for years. 

It makes absolutely no difference to me who they play for. Nor should it anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, Menzel said:

I assume still to be decided based on expected size of support, distance etc. Would McDiarmid park be a good shout?

This is the Scottish Football so I wouldn't be surprised if they thought Palmerston was a suitable venue.

Our Colts didn't look out of place at this level.  OK so I missed the first half but the 2nd 45 was more enjoyable than the 90 minutes at Ibrox today.
How do you develop young blokes who are technically strong but can't quite make the first XI in the Premiership?  Bear in mind that a lot of of these players will end up in the Championship or League 1.
No, they didn't, they gave us a game. I was bricking it after the ridiculous red card decision. That aside, what's wrong with the current system of loaning young players out, and the U20s/Development League? Surely one team in the pyramid is enough, and sticking a B team in devalues whichever competition it's involved in?

10 minutes ago, Jarballs said:
16 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Our Colts didn't look out of place at this level.  OK so I missed the first half but the 2nd 45 was more enjoyable than the 90 minutes at Ibrox today.
How do you develop young blokes who are technically strong but can't quite make the first XI in the Premiership?  Bear in mind that a lot of of these players will end up in the Championship or League 1.

No, they didn't, they gave us a game. I was bricking it after the ridiculous red card decision. That aside, what's wrong with the current system of loaning young players out, and the U20s/Development League? Surely one team in the pyramid is enough, and sticking a B team in devalues whichever competition it's involved in?

I think it's all about player development and finding that place between a strong League 1 team and a top flight championship team - which is where our Under 21s are right now.

I can understand the frustration that some fans have when their team is bested - but we broad-shouldered football fans can see the bigger picture...

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think it's all about player development and finding that place between a strong League 1 team and a top flight championship team - which is where our Under 21s are right now.

I can understand the frustration that some fans have when their team is bested - but we broad-shouldered football fans can see the bigger picture...

Their inclusion in the challenge cup has never been about player development it was always used as pre-cursor to Old Firm teams taking league places of clubs that are happy to have one team in the league system.

Hard graft in dreadful conditions. Second yellow/Red card was a joke. Rangers youngster were disappointing in how they used the ball. Broke forward in attack well but dissolved in endless passes around the edge of the box then an attempt at goal that mostly came to nothing. This was repeated time and again. Horrible conditions for a game. 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Our players should be fucking ashamed of themselves after they performance. 

None of them looked like they gave a f**k. 

Basic tactic seemed to be to break on the counter and that was it. This allowed the Colts plenty of posession but they had no real idea of what to do once in attacking positions.

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

Basic tactic seemed to be to break on the counter and that was it. This allowed the Colts plenty of posession but they had no real idea of what to do once in attacking positions.

In the first half there wasn't a The Caley player within 10 yards of any of their midfield at any point. 

Was like watching a Richie Foran side. 

Well impressed with the young Rangers lads, we had a poor game but that doesn't take away of how well they played, sadly as usual only a couple will make it through to the first team, our Tom Walsh is testament to that having started with Rangers at a young age.

What about that fuckin referee, another one who grudges coming up the A9 in winter, that sending off was the worst decision I've seen in years and then a perfectly good goal is judged offside, absolutely fuckin shocking, imagine if that decisions had been against the Rangers????????????????