The Caley v Rangers under 17s

TheScarf

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Just realised Greg Aitken was the referee who gave the card. More evidence, if it were needed, that the guy is absolutely hopeless and should not be officiating at the top level.

He’s a truly horrendous referee. He gave Dundee United this penalty (skip to 3.50) earlier in the season after their striker kicked Mark Kerr’s foot, then gave him a straight red for presumably telling him he was a useless c**t.

And then a few weeks ago he disallowed a Caley goal (2.25) for f**k all before booking a Caley player for diving (5.10) for what looked like a borderline foul.

A hopelessly incompetent ref and it’s just your luck if he’s for you or against you on the day.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That's exactly the reason. They're punishing Keatings for what Robertson said after the game. 

Robertsons comments should be taking as a separate issue/incident. 

Yep. If they don't like what Robertson said, and they won't have, then fine him and /or ban him. 

It shouldn't be Keatings paying for it. 

5 hours ago, embow said:

Petty point scoring against Robbo giving it with both barrels to referee and officials in post match interview. You dare not speak out about our useless incompetency. 

It's as simple as that.

As I listened to David Currie on the wireless reading the statement I immediately thought that the decision was concomitant with a reaction to Robertson's remarks.

I can't recall an SFA decision so incongruous and I can remember Ian Black being capped.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

This could end up being the catalyst for reform now, the review panel has been an absolute joke from its inception. Other clubs should end up coming out in support of this. Highly unlikely but if Rangers were to come out in support of Caly would help force change.

Heres a start anyway.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

As I said above, it has to be down to Robertsons comments in the post match interview. 

They've gone 'nah f**k them, we're sticking to it even though we know our ref fucked up. 

It must be. As the statement implies, there are only 2 possibilities here. Either the panel are so incompetent it is beyond belief and therefore not fit for purpose, or there was something else influencing their decision which shouldn't have been, again meaning the system is not fit for purpose.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

This could end up being the catalyst for reform now, the review panel has been an absolute joke from its inception. Other clubs should end up coming out in support of this. Highly unlikely but if Rangers were to come out in support of Caly would help force change.

And risk another huge sfa fine? 

One man in Scottish fitba does have the influence tho....

Somehow I'd missed all this until Sky were on about it earlier tonight. That's a fucking mental decision, both a) by the referee and b) by the panel. Fucking hell. 

Also, didn't the SFA try to ban a Caley player a few years ago for effectively "getting away" with a handball against Celtic in a semi-final? 

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Somehow I'd missed all this until Sky were on about it earlier tonight. That's a fucking mental decision, both a) by the referee and b) by the panel. Fucking hell. 

Also, didn't the SFA try to ban a Caley player a few years ago for effectively "getting away" with a handball against Celtic in a semi-final? 

(High probability I’m being whooshed here) 

He’s one of yours now...

3 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

(High probability I’m being whooshed here) 

He’s one of yours now...

Hadn't realised it was Meekings. All I remember about it was Celtic having a tantrum, the SFA banning him then iirc having to go back on it. 

Utterly useless c***s. 

It's a fucking vile decision. Aberdeen have had a few against them over the past couple of seasons and even the Devlin red card against Killie wasn't as bad as this. 

The SFA aren't fit for purpose and haven't been for years. 

Would anyone trust these fuckwits to install and run a VAR system?! 

11 hours ago, gannonball said:

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

Heres a start anyway.

And another