Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

1 minute ago, The DA said:

Fine if the transfer is between two SPFL clubs but what if someone's heading to England?

They won't be playing any sooner than us. They'll need to come up with something similar. And you can bet the lawyers representing the financial interests of Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth won't be accepting relegation.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

A player can't play for a club without a contract at this level. Rooneys contract ends at ICT, and begins at St Johnstone, in June. That can't be changed.

And the loanees from England?

Yes it can. Have you missed the news for the last 2 months? There's probably already millions of people with worthless/repudiated employment contracts.

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

What is your preferred option here? 

As far as I can see there’s three either on the table, or that might come on the table:

1 - This current option.

2 - Play to a finish when we can. Worry about next season later on. 

3 - Revamp the league system to mean no relegations. Assume this would be in conjuncture with option 1, meaning Celtic are champions. 

No agenda here, just wondering what it is you want to happen? Option 2 looks extremely unlikely, the current uncertainty means we could be rolling in to late summer before a ball is kicked.

Would you for instance want Hearts to accept option 1 if option 3 came alongside it? Surely Celtic being rewarded goes against the arguments against Hearts being punished? 

2. It's not perfect but it is the least bad

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Until the season is officially voted to end, they cant hand out money based on final position.

Surely that's blatantly obvious?

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
49 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:
If it's just pennies, then why all the absolute tear stained bollocks about existence threatened clubs now?
warnock.png&key=637c3c427d6e6c28bc2b870623c54da09f6bb8f4fb21006467f6e87d9e5dbe07
Either way this is cut, there was no justification for adding the final payments into the vote.

It's pennies for the teams at the bottom of their leagues, but a lot more for those nearer the top.

We're going round in circles here lads. Luckily one of the league sponsors has confirmed it's all about the cash (that teams already have) and that whistleblowers are pondscum.

At least everyone's keeping the heid. 

Edited by JamieThomas

12 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

We're going round in circles here lads. Luckily one of the league sponsors has confirmed it's all about the cash (that teams already have) and that whistleblowers are pondscum.

At least everyone's keeping the heid. 

That tweet is astonishing, anyone who listened to the anguish in Scott Gardiners voice would know that something is seriously wrong with the administration of our game.

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

So Shaun Rooney, who has bought a house is Perth, and sold his on a specified date, is now forced to try and find accommodation in Inverness again, for an indefinite amount of time, to play for a club who no longer pay his wages?

Pretty sure that nobody is able to move house just now. May be wrong, but I don’t think so.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m struggling to gauge what folk want here, do people want the proposals to go through? I’m on Dundee, Hearts and Sevcos side here - no way should the season be ended early and decided this way.

They're incompetent but I still feel for the SPFL.  Their rules are set up to cover this situation and the clubs must all have signed up to this.

Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first League Match in a Season and ending on the date of the last League Match in the same Season or otherwise as determined by the Board and which excludes the Close Season;

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m struggling to gauge what folk want here, do people want the proposals to go through? I’m on Dundee, Hearts and Sevcos side here - no way should the season be ended early and decided this way.

Folk are utterly desperate for Hearts to go down and that's fine - it'd be hilarious.

All Hearts fans are saying is we're more than capable of doing it ourselves by playing the final 8 games, rather than literally expelling us from the league because Celtic need to continue their pathetic pissing contest with Rangers. Play those games, everyone would still get to laugh at us, Celtic would still get to hold open top bus parades and wave flags because they've nutmegged a disabled kid 9 times. 

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

That tweet is astonishing, anyone who listened to the anguish in Scott Gardiners voice would know that something is seriously wrong with the administration of our game.

Aye.  Celtic's and Rangers' influence on the SPFL board.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

The Sevco claims are interesting and I actually hope they have shot their load here and made a mess of things.  Bizarre as surely Stewart Robertson position is now untenable. 

This can only go one of two ways. Sevco are correct and Doncaster has to stand down. Or Sevco are  incorrect and are held in contempt or something similar and are punished by being demoted to League 2 

Why stop there? West of Scotland league would be the bottom rung 💁🏻‍♂️

55 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Yes it can. Have you missed the news for the last 2 months? There's probably already millions of people with worthless/repudiated employment contracts.

What if the old club no longer wish to re hire and pay for the player as they have nothing to play for? Who pays the player then?

On 09/04/2020 at 04:06, JTS98 said:

And, of course, there is no self-interest whatsoever in a fan of a club currently 2 points from the relegation play-off and 6 from bottom with 24 left to play for wanting the relegation issue left as it currently lies.

Of course there's self-interest at play. And it's one of those situations where everyone is sort of right, even those who totally disagree.

You are making a massive assumption there. Anyone that knows me, will know that if St Mirren were bottom of the league at this point I would be giving the same argument.

I take the point that there are a lot of options, almost all of them have some merit and it seems next to nobody agrees. What is completely clear is, unless some serious development happens, that football will not be getting played before players contracts finish (or perhaps even the window opening). Legally that will cause all sorts of problems, far more than calling the league.

My annoyance, in regard to the top league is that it's always Rangers whining like children, and it seems Hearts want to join in when the truth of the matter is that this problem is bigger than either club.

Edited by Ric

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

They could - right now - give all the cash strapped clubs of Scotland's lower leagues lying destitute in the gutter the prize money for finishing 12th in their respective division. Then when the season gets finished or called in the future, pay up the remainders.

I mean I'm no Mensa member of the month winner, but I came up with that in about 3 seconds.

I spot a slight flaw here...

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

If Hearts didn’t want relegated they should have won 2-0 in Paisley imo. 

A 1-0 win would have done it.

Funnily enough, this would have meant St Mirren getting relegated on goal difference effectively because of a heavy defeat to Celtic a few days earlier.

Trust this risible squad to squander such a glorious banter opportunity.