Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

Suggestion end season now Award Celtic the title given they are so far ahead No relegation with top two in Championship promoted

Next season split league after 26 games playing each other home and away After split two groups of 7 play each other home and away Total 0f 38 games Keep this structure going forward with two relegated

Edited by Danny

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Suggestion end season now Award Celtic the title given they are so far ahead No relegation with top two in Championship promoted

Next season split league after 26 games playong each other home and away After split two groups of 7 play each other home and away Total 0f 38 games Keep this structure going forward with two relegated

Similar chat down in England with Liverpool champions no relegation and Leeds, WBA go up. Just ideas though.

9 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Or the Celtic seethe when the season is declared null and void?

There is no easy answer to this but we need to avoid it going to the lawyers.

Absolute carnage I'd say. As far as the Championships go here and down south I dont think anyone would argue with Celtic and Liverpool getting the titles.. other than the seethe factor we'd miss out on from the self proclaimed best fans in the world north and south of the border.

I'd say the likes of Hearts, Dundee United, Leeds, West Brom, Villa etc have already been on the blower to Lawyers..

4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Absolute carnage I'd say. As far as the Championships go here and down south I dont think anyone would argue with Celtic and Liverpool getting the titles.. other than the seethe factor we'd miss out on from the self proclaimed best fans in the world north and south of the border.

I'd say the likes of Hearts, Dundee United, Leeds, West Brom, Villa etc have already been on the blower to Lawyers..

The Celtic and Liverpool scenarios are totally different, no matter what Lennon says. Liverpool are 25 points ahead of the only team that can overtake them, Manchester City.  If Manchester City were to win their one game in hand, and also beat Liverpool in the one match left to play against each other, Liverpool will still be 19 points ahead with 8 matches left. Celtic are 13 points ahead of Rangers. If Rangers were to win their one game in hand and also win both remaining matches against Celtic, the gap would only be 4 points with 6 other games to play. Even allowing for Celtic's vastly superior goal difference, a 5 point gap to make up in 6 games is hardly out of the question. Lennon trying to make out that Celtic are as uncatchable as Liverpool is fantasy. 

31 minutes ago, Danny said:

Whilst its mathematically possible for Rangers to win the league I doubt they are just going to give it up. (even though they have effectively done that on the pitch!)

There will be a legal challenge. I am guessing part of that challenge would be Rangers claiming for loss of potential Champions League earnings of up to £30m.  (even though we probably won't get past the qualifiers)

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The Celtic and Liverpool scenarios are totally different, no matter what Lennon says. Liverpool are 25 points ahead of the only team that can overtake them, Manchester City.  If Manchester City were to win their one game in hand, and also beat Liverpool in the one match left to play against each other, Liverpool will still be 19 points ahead with 8 matches left. Celtic are 13 points ahead of Rangers. If Rangers were to win their one game in hand and also win both remaining matches against Celtic, the gap would only be 4 points with 6 other games to play. Even allowing for Celtic's vastly superior goal difference, a 5 point gap to make up in 6 games is hardly out of the question. Lennon trying to make out that Celtic are as uncatchable as Liverpool is fantasy. 

Ok fair enough. Does anyone other than sevco fans think they can win the league? I don't think their fans even believe they can, certainly not the ones on here. You're probably right though, once it's still possible it can be done, which Man City could also say however unlikely it is. I doubt Man City would contest it out of sheer embarrassment. Sevco on the other hand.. 

Seethe from one side of Glasgow is a certainty.. win win...

13 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Whilst its mathematically possible for Rangers to win the league I doubt they are just going to give it up. (even though they have effectively done that on the pitch!)

There will be a legal challenge. I am guessing part of that challenge would be Rangers claiming for loss of potential Champions League earnings of up to £30m.  (even though we probably won't get past the qualifiers)

Could you afford a legal challenge, especially if you lose it?

8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Ok fair enough. Does anyone other than sevco fans think they can win the league? I don't think their fans even believe they can, certainly not the ones on here. You're probably right though, once it's still possible it can be done, which Man City could also say however unlikely it is. I doubt Man City would contest it out of sheer embarrassment. Sevco on the other hand.. 

Seethe from one side of Glasgow is a certainty.. win win...

I don't think that anyone thinks that Rangers will win the league, but I was pointing out that it is not beyond the realms of possibility that it could happen. It would mean Rangers winning 6 out of 6 and Celtic losing 2 out of 6. In the Liverpool situation it means Manchester City winning 8 out of 8 and Liverpool losing 6 out of 8.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

Where is that stated? Wouldn't mind a look at that.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/files/shares/SPFL Rules and Regulations 22-Jul-19.pdf

Page 23. Rules is rules.

Board members

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-board-elected-for-201920

Edited by Mr Waldo
Add board members

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don't think that anyone thinks that Rangers will win the league, but I was pointing out that it is not beyond the realms of possibility that it could happen. It would mean Rangers winning 6 out of 6 and Celtic losing 2 out of 6. In the Liverpool situation it means Manchester City winning 8 out of 8 and Liverpool losing 6 out of 8.

One is more likely than the other yes but both are still possibilities. 

19 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Save any arguments between Celtic and Rangers by simply giving the title to us. Asterisk it all you want, I'll fucking take it.

Just make it a lottery and split the prize money equally (12 ways).

"And the winner of the SPFL Premiership 2019/20 is..."

sir-rod-stewart.jpg

Eta: Aww f***, #12 was Rangers.  :lol:

Edited by Hedgecutter

Depending on how long, to me, it looks like - finish the leagues now. Play the play offs and Scottish Cup when possible. If not possible, promote top two for a big league, extra games, more dough. No relegation. 3 down next year from Premiership and Division 2.