Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

Wait a few weeks to see if things improve 
If not, finish the league campaign behind closed doors, two games per week
Home teams open their TV subscription services, pay per view, to all to generate income and ensure fans can see the games
Finish the Scottish Cup next season 

If things don’t improve, they can’t play games behind closed doors. I don’t really see how this can be solved by anything other than a null and void season.

Lots of different ideas. Some of them quite funny. If we do get something sorted out and the virus calms down.

Who is willing to buy another season ticket?

What happens if we get a new season underway and the virus comes back in a big way and closes the season down again? It just gets started and a month later we are back at square one.

26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If things don’t improve, they can’t play games behind closed doors. I don’t really see how this can be solved by anything other than a null and void season.

Null and void will never happen. Too many ramifications as has been mentioned. As unpalatable to some teams as declaring the season done and dusted is the most likely outcome.  Why simply because almost 80% of league matches have been played. Null and void would have a better argument if say this happened in September and not March. 

Celtic deserve the title and Hearts relegation based on form. And for that matter most others side deserve to be where they are the table. It absolutely would be tough on Hearts. 

I would hope that there could be a solution to finish the current season even if delayed and have a late start to next season, but that assumes we are in control of Covid 19 in the next few months which seems fanciful  for the time being. 

Edited by welldaft

Only from sevco fans.  I think the rest of us can accept that Celtic would have won the league by April anyway.  It’s much harder on Hearts, Thistle, Stranraer and Christ knows about Brechin.  If it’s 1 up 1 down it’s harder on those who had a fair shout at promotion.

Guest JTS98

I've just had a quick look at a Rangers forum and a Celtic forum.

I was astonished to find uniformity of opinion among Rangers supporters that Celtic cannot be proclaimed champions before the end of the season, while similarly strong feeling to the contrary exists among Celtic fans.

Well, there you go.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Finish what we started when it is safe to do so.

Easy to say, and sounds sensible. But what does it actually mean?

Is there any merit in a season that lasts more than a year and a half, contains three transfer windows. and where a whole bunch of players leave their clubs with eight games to go?

I don't really see much. It certainly doesn't seem to be an obviously better idea than just leaving things as they are and starting afresh whenever we can.

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not sure what would be tainted about something that was a forgone conclusion 

Of course, you'd be saying the same if Celtic were second and Rangers first.

I think Celtic will be given the title, and I'm fine with that. But you can't really argue with anyone who points out that you didn't actually win it.

There will forever be an asterisk.

2 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

Only from sevco fans.  I think the rest of us can accept that Celtic would have won the league by April anyway.  It’s much harder on Hearts, Thistle, Stranraer and Christ knows about Brechin.  If it’s 1 up 1 down it’s harder on those who had a fair shout at promotion.

Nah, while it is true the **** would have won it, and we all know this. Its called banter and I'm in on it.  As someone said, stick as many asterix as you like next to it, it's still a title

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Easy to say, and sounds sensible. But what does it actually mean?

Is there any merit in a season that lasts more than a year and a half, contains three transfer windows. and where a whole bunch of players leave their clubs with eight games to go?

I don't really see much. It certainly doesn't seem to be an obviously better idea than just leaving things as they are and starting afresh whenever we can.

Compared to the alternatives, yes.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I’m willing to bet if I was to pop onto Jambos kickback, A Dundee United forum, a Leeds forum and a Aston Villa forum I’d be hard pressed to find unanimity 

There isn't even unanimity among the Hearts supporters on this forum, never mind the wider waters of JKB.

Anecdotal evidence suggests my Hearts-supporting friends are split. Some think it'll be a disgrace if we go down without finishing the season, others think fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Motherwell fans thought we had pumped them at half time in the recent cup game. A foregone conclusion. I thought we were certainties to win the 2010 League Cup final the second the Deadco went down to 9 men. A foregone conclusion. Spurs at Ajax? Liverpool in Istanbul at half time? Need any more examples?

If awarded the title, given there's still two games v Sevco to go, and the amount of points Celtic are actually ahead - it would be utterly, completely, and unquestionably a tainted title. Huge asterisk - for all time, and everyone would know it.

God, it must sting.

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Compared to the alternatives, yes.

That's where we'll have to agree to disagree. I just don't see it.

Hearts could go off in a new transfer window and spend Accies out the water just to crawl past them on goal difference. A transfer window that shouldn't have been there, a delay in fixtures that shouldn't have been there.

Not for me.

Guest Moomintroll
Nah Chris Sutton still thinks shitty can win the league down here so anything is possible.

If the season has to end now, I think the 14-10-10-10 proposal is the best, no relegation, next season split the top league into two groups of seven after 26 matches, giving a further 12 post split games. More teams relegated to get it back to normal. No real losers, apart from teams currently third and fourth in the lower leagues who don't get play off opportunities, but if you are in that position in a ten team league do you really deserve promotion?

It helps teams that I have a soft spot for like Partick and Brechin, while possibly saving ICT from financial meltdown. Only downside is we won't be able to laugh at Hearts.