Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

29 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Cowdenbeath are like a retarded 3 legged gazelle on the great Savannah of Scottish football. Do we feel bad for them being stalked by a lioness? Yes of course we do we're not monsters. Will we laugh when they're taken down and peeled alive like a banana? Yes of course we will because it's really funny.

😂

I'm guessing we'll need to wait until at least Tuesday before there's any new news.  There'll be rumour and gossip aplenty but I can't imagine any club or the SPFL announcing anything over the holiday weekend.

Anyone want to suggest the most outrageous scenario for Tuesday?

What the f**k are Dundee waiting on? A simple yes or no would mean that we could all move forward with regards promotion/relegation etc or work on a new set of resolutions to vote on. Cant see the benefit of dragging it out
Cause they're being wankers and pulling the whole of Scottish football and it's reputation down with it

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

I'm guessing we'll need to wait until at least Tuesday before there's any new news.  There'll be rumour and gossip aplenty but I can't imagine any club or the SPFL announcing anything over the holiday weekend.

They were happy enough to hold the vote on Good Friday in the first place, I doubt Easter Weekend will make any odds. If we havent a confirmed result before Tuesday it will be due to Dundee milking it further, not Easter.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They were happy enough to hold the vote on Good Friday in the first place, I doubt Easter Weekend will make any odds. If we havent a confirmed result before Tuesday it will be due to Dundee milking it further, not Easter.

Yeah, the idea this is held up because somebody fancies a day off for Easter would be taking the piss to a new level on a crucial decision. We need to get on with it (whatever 'it' is, if we do vote it down) 

A quick browse of Twitter shows an alarming amount of people who think this season can still finish without fucking next season too.

You also have a swathe of people claiming you cant promote or relegate using the current tables, as the season isnt finished. They then proceed to demand reconstruction, where teams are promoted based on their current positions...

39 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We all read it. Nobody knows where they plucked this mysterious figure from though or why. Dundee's statement was an absolute dog's dinner of meaningless words thrown together.

The Dees will be able to back it up for the simple reason its their evaluation. It hasn't been put forward and agreed or verified by anyone. There are times when numbers add up to nothin' 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A quick browse of Twitter shows an alarming amount of people who think this season can still finish without fucking next season too.

You also have a swathe of people claiming you cant promote or relegate using the current tables, as the season isnt finished. They then proceed to demand reconstruction, where teams are promoted based on their current positions...

For me I have seen people putting forward the idea that if things are stretched to the point so late in the year that we apparently cancel the whole of next season so we can finish this season. Wit?!

Just me that can’t even see next season starting on time, even if this season was to finish as is?

Wait, some Dundee fans actually think their club is voting for 'the greater good' or some sort of 'sporting integrity'?! Genuinely?! Fucking hell.

They're voting for their own interests, like everyone else. And why shouldn't clubs look out for themselves at the moment?

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:
2 hours ago, Twinkle said:
What the f**k are Dundee waiting on? A simple yes or no would mean that we could all move forward with regards promotion/relegation etc or work on a new set of resolutions to vote on. Cant see the benefit of dragging it out

Cause they're being wankers and pulling the whole of Scottish football and it's reputation down with it

Reputation lol.

Sit doon.

Anyway, folk say this is the perfect time for reconstruction. I totally disagree. It's absolutely the worst time as any sort of proposal is being based on a short term basis, as a way to sort out this season and be able to move on to the next one. Too many concessions will be made as too many clubs are in a precarious position that can easily be manipulated or taken advantage of. Some clubs would agree to any old shit just now if it means they can get essential, club saving money just now, and there's absolutely no doubt some better off clubs would make  things more favourable for themselves.

Reconstruction needs to be a long term thing that is genuinely in the best interests of all 42 clubs. We need as many clubs as possible to be in a stable, secure position so that they can discuss proposals that aren't a short term fix and where clubs are not in a position that they can be easily coerced. 

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

No, I don't think even the most demented Dundee fan thinks that.

I'd hope not, but there might be one or two in this thread who give the impression they do.

22 minutes ago, The DA said:

The SPFL clubs agree to a single league of 42 teams each playing twice a week.  The resolution is passed with only Sevco and Dundee voting against.  Dundee fans say there’s no sporting integrity in the proposal, Sevco say they can’t support it as the proposal still means declaring Celtic Premiership champions.

Neil Doncaster admits he was the source of the coronavirus.

The unfairest part of this is enforced relegation, Where clubs still have a realistic chance to stay up. This shouldn't happen, as funny as that would be. 

Ayr haven't been out of the play-off places all season and I haven't heard one Ayr fan complain about us missing the chance to go up through the play-off. The fact that Dundee and Inverness have potentially blocked this is bizarre. Unless real reconstruction is on the table, there is no option but to accept this. There has been no details leaked of offers of increasing leagues so we can assume that isn't happening. 

I can only assume that there are a few board members at clubs not paying attention to the news.