Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Nelms has sent an e-mail to the SPFL saying Dundee will vote in favour of the proposal if they are awarded the Scottish Cup.

Cockwomble has responded by saying that this is a matter for the SFA.

Nelms has countered by saying they just want to borrow it long enough to get a photo of it in the Dundee trophy cabinet.

Cockwomble has responded “you still have a trophy cabinet?”

I will keep you appraised of further developments...

* Apprised. 

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

* Apprised. 

Yeah I noticed that.  I was going to change it then thought “no some pedantic c**t will come along and point it out”.  So no disappointment there.

[mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention], [mention=46105]Slenderman[/mention] & [mention=73487]NJ2[/mention]. 

There’s been some incredible steaming hot shite takes since the SPFL brain farted this idea but fair fucks to shadow play for wading in the worst.

To put a stop to Dundee having too much influence and colluding with the SPFL we need at least one championship club to step forward and request that their vote should not be considered as cast - a clear message needs to sent that the other clubs will not tolerate double dealing.

No doubt tomorrow or in the next few days Dundee will roll out their excuses - but this has been total shambles.

Nelms has sent an e-mail to the SPFL saying Dundee will vote in favour of the proposal if they are awarded the Scottish Cup.
Cockwomble has responded by saying that this is a matter for the SFA.
Nelms has countered by saying they just want to borrow it long enough to get a photo of it in the Dundee trophy cabinet.
Cockwomble has responded “you still have a trophy cabinet?”
I will keep you appraised of further developments...
That's worse than your post-Doon Derby meltdown thread ffs [emoji23]

I think the SPFL's latest statement confirms that an email was received with a ballot, but they are claiming it arrived after the 6pm email saying "please don't count our vote at this time".
That's how I read it - that is possible if Drysdale emailed the ballot but Nelms sent the "please don't count" email.

6 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

To put a stop to Dundee having too much influence and colluding with the SPFL we need at least one championship club to step forward and request that their vote should not be considered as cast - a clear message needs to sent that the other clubs will not tolerate double dealing.

No doubt tomorrow or in the next few days Dundee will roll out their excuses - but this has been total shambles.

That would make this situation ten times worse, be pretty funny though, especially if Lachlan Cameron himself did it, i might go onto twitter and fire that suggestion over to him.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, Ad Lib said:
I think the SPFL's latest statement confirms that an email was received with a ballot, but they are claiming it arrived after the 6pm email saying "please don't count our vote at this time".

That's how I read it - that is possible if Drysdale emailed the ballot but Nelms sent the "please don't count" email.

The leaked WhatsApp messages and what Tom English was saying seem to suggest Drysdale was the paperwork and correspondence guy (for both bits) but that on both occasions he was acting on Nelms’ latest instructions.

And that separately Nelms was in communication with SPFL officials, including Doncaster and Lawwell, between 3 and 6pm.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out what happened. Dundee were bullied or incentivised in those conversations into withdrawing their No vote, that wasn’t communicated quickly enough to Drysdale, who’d already sent it, and the SPFL senior hierarchy (possibly with Nelms’ agreement) cooked up a plan to pretend the original email never arrived.

This was probably done very clumsily, meaning Drysdale was dropped in it and is now the fall-guy.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That would make this situation ten times worse, be pretty funny though, especially if Lachlan Cameron himself did it, i might go onto twitter and fire that suggestion over to him.

You can’t revoke a Yes vote once cast though. In this tinpot banana republic you can only change your mind to agree with the dear leader.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Definitely seems like there was collusion at play between the Championship clubs. Would be interesting to see how Dundee and Inverness were incentivised by Thistle for their original No vote.

I wish we had something to give them.