Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So they just change the way the vote works then without informing the clubs? Sounds like you're reaching.

He’s not the only one then, is he? 
The shortsightedness right now of so many of the Dundee fans on here is breathtaking.

Just now, Rudolph Hucker said:

He’s not the only one then, is he? 
The shortsightedness right now of so many of the Dundee fans on here is breathtaking.

Aye, he is.

What's short sighted about wanting the SPFL to hold fire on whether or not we can resume playing? They're doing it with the top flight and as alluded to by a member of the SPFL board (Stewart Robertson) we can still dish out the money?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really had to laugh at this.

We must work together with a unity of purpose for the betterment of the Scottish game.

Scottish football must work together for the common good of every club, their staff and supporters. Any attempts to railroad changes to existing rules or run roughshod over corporate governance will be opposed in the strongest possible terms. We must allow decisions to be made in a rational, fair and balanced manner.

1 minute ago, srw said:

The difference between and and or is quite significant.

I agree, it was more a case of christing myself, tbh.

Read it about 8 times and didnt see it 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Dundee will vote against it not because of United but because no decision on the top league is to be made - given that there were moves to promote ICT along with United - thus saving Hearts arse - then it is understandable why they are reticent to support this.

Out of interest what would you support and what would Dundee likely support?

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Stranraer's statement:

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1741-statement-spfl-proposal-2020

Out of interest, I take it this proposition will see Brechin saved?

All Play Offs cancelled, so presumably it will do.

3 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Out of interest what would you support and what would Dundee likely support?

I know it wasn't aimed at me, but I've given my proposal for what I think would be the fairest way to continue early on in the thread.

But, I do believe that we should aim to dish out all the money we can on and then wait until there is no chance for continuation of playing. That's my sticking point - If they can wait for a chance to complete the fixtures in the top flight, there will be a way to do so in every division thus ensuring fairness.

If, as expected, football can't continue within the time frame, then this would be a more viable (But still shite) option.

Edited by Ludo*1

Also, someone ( @Ludo*1) needs to start a thread where they keep track of all the official statements and it's easy to see who will be voting what.

Already got Hearts, Rangers, Stranraer against it, and Raith saying theyll vote for it.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also, someone ( @Ludo*1) needs to start a thread where they keep track of all the official statements and it's easy to see who will be voting what.

Already got Hearts, Rangers, Stranraer against it, and Raith saying theyll vote for it.

Which forum to place it in?

1 minute ago, Loemba90 said:

Stranraer clearly confused if they think Dundee are getting promoted.

Theyve got a hard neck claiming they're being hard done by getting relegated when theyve won 2 league games all season 😂

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Which forum to place it in?

*shrugs*

No idea tbh, Premiership forum is a dead zone just now.

Stranraer's statement amounting to 'och that's unfair' while recognising that only two clubs out of 42 stand to lose out. So what's their magic alternative proposal that leaves one or no clubs at all being inconvenienced? If they don't have one then the proposal is clearly the best possible outcome for a really shite situation.

Edited by vikingTON

Also, someone ( [mention=12782]Ludo*1[/mention]) needs to start a thread where they keep track of all the official statements and it's easy to see who will be voting what.

I really don’t see why any teams barring Partick, Stranraer, Rangers, Hearts, Dundee and Falkirk would vote against it tbh.

Dundee United, Raith and Cove will all be promoted and everyone else gets their prize money that they will desperately need.

I’ve no idea what the legal standings will be but I’d imagine the SPFL might be somewhat protected by the fact they’ve allowed a vote to take place rather than just calling it themselves.

United probably do deserve to go up on balance.

But Hearts, Partick Thistle (Especially them) at this point don't deserve to be relegated on the basis that they are within a game or 2 of survival and in Partick Thistle's case, the league isn't even 75% done for them.

There's not gonna be a way that pleases everyone, and if this vote goes through, we'll just have to accept it but I don't think this is even close to being the fairest of a shite bunch of options IMO. It's scandalous for the likes of Partick Thistle and a kick in the teeth when they feel that the top flight can wait an extra period of time.

Reckon they're only waiting an extra period of time before they call off the Scottish Premiership because they're currently being consulted by legal authorities that what they're doing is lawful.

Cause as we know Hearts and Rangers will absolutely hound the SPFL with legal action.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm sure others would have a chuckle if United, having chucked mental cash at it, are stuck in the Championship for a fourth season. I'd certainly have a wee laugh if that happened.

Have a wee laugh right now: the present season is United's fourth in the Championship.

I don't like the proposal, must be one of the few United fans in the 'no' category. 

9 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

Stranraer clearly confused if they think Dundee are getting promoted.

I want to live in Stranraer's world personally.*

*That does not mean the same as wanting to live in Stranraer, which I am very happy not doing.